Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:38 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
No power. First you need to be able to waitlist. Then to clear all they can try is to send a chaser to revenue management team.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 4:27 pm

when (if ever) do waitlist for award biz class clear?

sorry, newbie here. i know that sounds like "what is the weight of a swallow", but i've never done waitlist for biz awards on singapore before. waitlisted MLE to SIN to LAX next may. plenty of seats for sale, no saver award seats available per EF or SQ site. do these typically clear, three months/one month... before? do i just check back regularly? i guess i'm asking, when does SQ typically release saver biz award seats on their metal? TIA for any guidance.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:33 pm

Programs: Alaska
It does clear. But don’t depend on it.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had 5 waitlisted 2 pax F tickets clear overnight (of my 6 booked).

Well... "clear".

What the heck am I supposed to do with this?

Old Nov 10, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, that can happen. The downside of waitlisting it as two flights. One way to avoid would have been waitlisting SFO-SIN SQ1.

Just confirm the SFO-HKG part in F. The ticket won't issue / change yet due to HKG-SIN still being waitlisted.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I only have one data point, being new to SQ/KF, but my experience with waitlisted awards automatically clearing is pretty bad:

I wanted to travel JFK-SIN on Wed 11/24 (VTL flight) but there was no Saver availability, only could waitlist for Advantage. So I waitlisted for Saver on Tues 11/23 (suboptimal but could make it work). I checked a week later and Saver awards on both days were wide open for immediate booking! But my 11/23 was still "waitlisted" Of course, I immediately canceled the waitlisted segment and booked my preferred timing for a Thanksgiving weekend trip to SIN.

I'm guessing SQ initially zeroed out (or severely capped) award inventory on a bunch of VTL flights in this case. But near term demand, at least on this route, didn't materialize. No idea why they don't auto clear though. Definitely worth checking regularly or setting EF alerts.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by demue
Yes, that can happen. The downside of waitlisting it as two flights. One way to avoid would have been waitlisting SFO-SIN SQ1.

Just confirm the SFO-HKG part in F. The ticket won't issue / change yet due to HKG-SIN still being waitlisted.
The website won't let me confirm the two bookings I have like that.

SQ1 SFO-SIN cleared on 3 different dates for us, so I'm probably just going to take one of those. I waitlisted 6 options because we're flexible and willing to go into HKG, but it was not a requirement.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:46 am

Hmm... When I click "Confirm flights" it just takes me to the home page.

I guess I'll have to call to do this?
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:03 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Hmm... When I click "Confirm flights" it just takes me to the home page.

I guess I'll have to call to do this?
Is your waitlisted flight booked through agent instead of online? If so, you will not be able to confirm the flights online. You will need to call the agent to confirm for you. I had a similar situation and after I clicked on "Confirm Flights", it brings me back to homepage. Next moment, the confirmed flights from waitlisting disappeared and luckily the agent was quick to be able to reinstate back the flights back to me. She advised me not to make any amendments online for such bookings.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by hclee01
Is your waitlisted flight booked through agent instead of online? If so, you will not be able to confirm the flights online. You will need to call the agent to confirm for you. I had a similar situation and after I clicked on "Confirm Flights", it brings me back to homepage. Next moment, the confirmed flights from waitlisting disappeared and luckily the agent was quick to be able to reinstate back the flights back to me. She advised me not to make any amendments online for such bookings.
Nope, it was all done online.

I seem to be able to cancel bookings just fine, but confirming them does not work.

Edit: I called, and first they "confirmed" it, and the status changed from "Available for confirmation" to "Reserved". Then they said I could go and pay the taxes online, but it still didn't work, so I had to do that over the phone... but then the agent ran into an error message, and had to put me on hold. They came back, and said they were going to collect the payment "manually" to work around the error. So... it's all done now. But there was definitely some kind of issue that prevented the normal process.

Last edited by canadiancow; Nov 11, 2021 at 12:34 pm
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
What if one has enough miles for a redemption and books say a Thursday saver departure but the day you really want Friday is saver waitlist only.

Can one book the Thursday and Waitlist the Friday, even if you don't have enough miles to cover both days?

What are the odds now a days for savers to clear? looking at LAX-SIN
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:22 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by KL808
What if one has enough miles for a redemption and books say a Thursday saver departure but the day you really want Friday is saver waitlist only.

Can one book the Thursday and Waitlist the Friday, even if you don't have enough miles to cover both days?

What are the odds now a days for savers to clear? looking at LAX-SIN
You can book Thursday and waitlist Friday flights with the same amount of miles, no need miles to cover both. But you need to call Krisflyer service to do it.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:41 am

Else, you waitlist all the flights you want first online before booking the one that is available.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Anyone speak to the effectiveness of chasers? Is that what the query should be, call and see if anyone can talk to rev management? If it still hasn't cleared 2-3 weeks out it would seem that it's not going to?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:46 pm

Sorry for the dumb question- but when I googled singapore airlines and epxert flyer I saw a bunch of references that expert flyer didn't work with singapore airlines saver availability? That it only showed partner availability for singapore airlines, from what I understand is zero as I thought singapore doesn't allow partners to book biz or first tickets on singapore, and only makes it available krisflyer.

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.