Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
May I ask about mixed class awards and waitlisting? I want to travel from PER-FRA next year. I can book the whole thing in a business award, but I'd love F from SIN-FRA. There are waitlist seats available but I can't even book mixed class online, let alone a mixed waitlist/confirmed flight.
So- if I book the business and waitlist the F segments online, can the call centre sort it out if they clear, cancelling the J SIN-FRA segment and confirming it as a mixed class award?
Or is it all too hard and I bite the bullet and pay for 2 return awards- PER-SIN and SIN-FRA?
Thank you!
I am looking at doing this myself but for PER-JFK, can I ask if you called through and waitlisted the full mixed class redemption or did you waitlist the SIN-FRA segment only?
Cynicor likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:50 pm

I'm not sure of the BEST process but what I did was call through and waitlist the whole thing, and book the whole thing in J (C) while waiting. Will let you know how it goes when I confirm the flights, which I should know by about the 7th or 8th Jan.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I want to fly USM-SIN-SFO in F (or rather, J and F).

I can't book it or waitlist it online. But I can book confirmed J the whole way.

If my goal is to fly SIN-SFO in F, how do I approach this for an F waitlist? I'm willing to accept J if F doesn't clear, but I don't even see a way to request a waitlist.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Either book it all in J online and get it ticketed and then call in to waitlist F for SIN-SFO under same PNR. Upside is you grab the J seat all the way, get it ticketed and don't have to rely on an agent. Downside is that you pay a change fee of 25USD later on (plus extra miles for F) if SIN-SFO clears.

Alternatively, call right away and have them make the waitlist booking together with the confirmed sectors USM-SIN-SFO in J. Your J segments would be in confirmed / reserved status while SIN-SFO in F is on waitlist and no ticket would be issued yet and no payment (miles, taxes, security fees) collected yet.

Positive is that you will not be paying a 25USD change fee and are quite flexible with no penalty until your F waitlist either clears or your ticket (e.g. in J) has to be issued. Minor downside is that you can't select seats for any of your flights yet as the booking is not ticketed.

Also some people are skittish without an issued ticket. Without a ticket issued you are also not protected against any changes to mileage cost, SQ doesn't have to assist if flights change prior to travel, etc. YMMV.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by demue
Either book it all in J online and get it ticketed and then call in to waitlist F for SIN-SFO under same PNR. Upside is you grab the J seat all the way, get it ticketed and don't have to rely on an agent. Downside is that you pay a change fee of 25USD later on (plus extra miles for F) if SIN-SFO clears.

Alternatively, call right away and have them make the waitlist booking together with the confirmed sectors USM-SIN-SFO in J. Your J segments would be in confirmed / reserved status while SIN-SFO in F is on waitlist and no ticket would be issued yet and no payment (miles, taxes, security fees) collected yet.

Positive is that you will not be paying a 25USD change fee and are quite flexible with no penalty until your F waitlist either clears or your ticket (e.g. in J) has to be issued. Minor downside is that you can't select seats for any of your flights yet as the booking is not ticketed.

Also some people are skittish without an issued ticket. Without a ticket issued you are also not protected against any changes to mileage cost, SQ doesn't have to assist if flights change prior to travel, etc. YMMV.
Great! On an intercontinental trip, $25 is so insignificant that I'll just go the confirmed route. I assume I need the difference between F and J miles (130k - 95k = 35k) to do the waitlist once I have the confirmed booking?

Also, if it doesn't clear, but space opens up closer to departure, I assume it's still a $25 change fee (plus mileage difference) to secure the space?

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Also, if it doesn't clear, but space opens up closer to departure, I assume it's still a $25 change fee (plus mileage difference) to secure the space?
The interesting "quirk" of waitlist inside the same PNR is it won't drop off two weeks out like a straight redemption waitlist will. So if you get to check in and there are seats available then in my experience they'll clear you into F at that point (and deduct the miles/fee)
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:45 am

How has the new waitlist system been working for everyone. Is it taking up to the 2 week limit?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:39 am

Can you waitlist a flight (e.g. SIN-LHR) against a confirmed and ticketed flight to a different destination (e.g. SIN-JFK), to avoid having to transfer more miles in to make the waitlist?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by pennystinkard
Can you waitlist a flight (e.g. SIN-LHR) against a confirmed and ticketed flight to a different destination (e.g. SIN-JFK), to avoid having to transfer more miles in to make the waitlist?
call n ask them to help you to put on waitlist. With confirm booking, usually they won’t ask to transfer more miles.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:35 pm

I'm waitlisted for first on SIN-SFO. It shows up in the booking as two segments waitlisted (SIN-HKG and HKG-SFO).

Does this mean they can clear separately?

SIN-HKG is currently F0, and I'd be quite happy to only clear on HKG-SFO.

Old Jan 29, 2020, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm waitlisted for first on SIN-SFO. It shows up in the booking as two segments waitlisted (SIN-HKG and HKG-SFO).

Does this mean they can clear separately?

SIN-HKG is currently F0, and I'd be quite happy to only clear on HKG-SFO.

Yes, they can clear seperately. I had the same route and only HKG-SFO cleared.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
call n ask them to help you to put on waitlist. With confirm booking, usually they won’t ask to transfer more miles.
Will they charge a $25 per passenger fee for this?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:39 pm

My HKG-SFO flight is now F4A2, but my waitlist hasn't cleared, nor is it available for new bookings.

I assume the odds are good now, but it's there any pattern for when a waitlist would clear on an empty flight? It's less than 3 weeks to departure.

Edit: there's no saver space showing on HKG-SFO. I called, and:

1. Agent can't see that space, but said I could email a screenshot
2. Can't break up the segment
3. Even if she could, there's no space on SIN-HKG any more (so she claims - I see saver J)

Any suggestions to get F on HKG-SFO?

Last edited by canadiancow; Feb 2, 2020 at 5:10 pm
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Platinum-to-be, Hyatt Platinum
I am waitlisted for JFK-FRA-SIN in suites for a flight in December 2020. What's the earliest I should try to ask for a chaser?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:04 pm

First time trying to book using SQ waitlist functionality and got a really tricky one, I am looking to pay $100 to get two stopovers on a roundtrip saver ticket from MEL-SIN-MLE.

All the flights I want (MEL-SIN, SIN-MLE, MLE-SIN, SIN-MEL) are on waitlist, and I can't even get the online system to accept it because I can only waitlist one flight on the whole ticket online.

Given I have to call in, is it possible for them to put the ticket together with the $100 stopover fee to waitlist those four flights (MEL-SIN, SIN-MLE, MLE-SIN, SIN-MEL) AND book four confirmed segments at the same time? I can find those flights with confirmed saver space but not at a time I want, hence I wish to waitlist all of them but still ticket the four confirmed segments if able.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.