Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I tested that with a Eco Advantage award that books into B and no credit (as expected) with LH M&M or A3 M&B or NH (my GF tested it).
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
By right any changes will result in paying the new mileage (as SQ increase the mileage in Jan).

Best to call n see whether the agent can help or not.

I paid the extra miles required, no biggie, managed to get the change fee waived too.

Before I ended the call, I asked the agent: if I had put the WL on the same PNR that was ticketed earlier, would I still have to pay to change to the cleared WL, and the answer was Yes.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lsed
Before I ended the call, I asked the agent: if I had put the WL on the same PNR that was ticketed earlier, would I still have to pay to change to the cleared WL, and the answer was Yes.
Interesting, but not unexpected. The quality and skill level of Contact Center agents is all over the place. I would have contested this and worst case HUACA as that has not been the case in the past and there is only a revalidation required here and no reissue. YMMV.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:34 pm

Surprisingly I was able to waitlist 4 Savers on SFO-HKG-SIN on Christmas Day. What's the likelihood of this clearing successfully? Surely the Americans mostly don't plan to fly on Christmas Day? Would be interested to hear if anyone has flown and have experience regarding the aircraft loads.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Surprisingly I was able to waitlist 4 Savers on SFO-HKG-SIN on Christmas Day. What's the likelihood of this clearing successfully? Surely the Americans mostly don't plan to fly on Christmas Day? Would be interested to hear if anyone has flown and have experience regarding the aircraft loads.
Air travel tends to be lighter in the US on Christmas day as a general rule. However, some airport services may be reduced because of the holiday (ie less security checkpoints, restaurants, third party vendors open etc). I dunno about four savers clearing, since you are talking about long haul flights to a foreign country. Only a small percentage of hong kong's population is christian and while there are some christians in singapore they don't make up the majority), so its tough to say what demand on the particular flight itself will be.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
DATA point: Earlier this week I waitlisted 2 Savers JFK-FRA-PVG in Suites (with SIN-PVG in new Suites), mid September, mid week. Surprisingly they cleared in a couple of days. I am KF Silver
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by afmiami
DATA point: Earlier this week I waitlisted 2 Savers JFK-FRA-PVG in Suites (with SIN-PVG in new Suites), mid September, mid week. Surprisingly they cleared in a couple of days. I am KF Silver
Was this waitlist for 2020? That's very far out for them to be cleared, esp for JFK-FRA
Old Oct 6, 2019, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
In the end one of the passengers couldn't travel, so I waitlisted 3 J Savers for Boxing Day. Very surprised to receive an email a day later to say the seats were confirmed!! Load must indeed be light during the holiday period.

Now to figure out how to get the 3 passengers to SFO before Christmas. Unfortunately none of the flights can waitlist more than 1-2 persons. Any suggestions shall be very welcomely received.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
I am on a waitlist expiring this Sunday. SIN-JFK.....flight looks open online however I will report back on my success or failure. I have no status in the program. Cheers!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
I am on a waitlist expiring this Sunday. SIN-JFK.....flight looks open online however I will report back on my success or failure. I have no status in the program. Cheers!
Suite or business class ?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
I would also check daily by doing a regular award search. I did this a couple of weeks ago for SIN-MEL and it opened up about a week before departure.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I was looking at SQ as an option for NRT-LAX and saw availability via Alaska search for 2 seats, yet SQ in its ridiculousness only has waitlist for both Saver and Advantage rewards for the exact same date/flight for just one seat......
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by chongl
I was looking at SQ as an option for NRT-LAX and saw availability via Alaska search for 2 seats, yet SQ in its ridiculousness only has waitlist for both Saver and Advantage rewards for the exact same date/flight for just one seat......
I'm running into the same issue, my wait-listed flights are available via AS.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by gpeso8
I'm running into the same issue, my wait-listed flights are available via AS.
Since the whole AS thing is new, maybe you can try calling SQ and telling them you see them available on AS?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by phant0m
Since the whole AS thing is new, maybe you can try calling SQ and telling them you see them available on AS?
I'd rather just not fly then have to talk to a KF agent, they probably don't even know who AS is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.