Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I'm considering waitlisting for the first time and have some basic questions.

I have a confirmed Saver F seat for myself.

Can I waitlist for a Saver J seat also for myself on the same flight using a different reservation?

If possible, and should my waitlisted J Saver clears, do I just pay the USD30 penalty to cancel my confirmed F Saver?
You want to give up the F to fly J?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
You want to give up the F to fly J?
F for an intra-Asia night flight is an overkill when all I'd likely do is to curl up and sleep, so J more than suffices. And I could do with the leftover KF points for another coming redemption.

Question is, are you able to waitlist for an award seat on the same flight on which you already have a confirmed award booking?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:46 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
F for an intra-Asia night flight is an overkill when all I'd likely do is to curl up and sleep, so J more than suffices. And I could do with the leftover KF points for another coming redemption.

Question is, are you able to waitlist for an award seat on the same flight on which you already have a confirmed award booking?
The answer to this is yes. SQ does not perform duplicate reservation checks. Unlike AA.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:35 pm

Last month I booked a SIN-FRA-JFK suite for myself and waitlisted an award for the same flight for my wife for travel in January 2017. Of course, I still checked everyday (multiple times). Fortunately (or unfortunately), I've been sick and waking up at ~4:30am EST and this morning I checked and there was an award for the flight I wanted. No email, text, or phone call from SQ. Obviously, I booked it immediately from the comforts of my bathroom.

Point of my story: don't rely on the waitlist and check every so often.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I'm WL'ed SIN-SFO 12/30 and am new to SQ awards. Might my luck turn at random or will F seats open up close in like LH and CX do.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tranceformer978
Last month I booked a SIN-FRA-JFK suite for myself and waitlisted an award for the same flight for my wife for travel in January 2017. Of course, I still checked everyday (multiple times). Fortunately (or unfortunately), I've been sick and waking up at ~4:30am EST and this morning I checked and there was an award for the flight I wanted. No email, text, or phone call from SQ. Obviously, I booked it immediately from the comforts of my bathroom.

Point of my story: don't rely on the waitlist and check every so often.
Same here (and I thought it was just me).
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
datapoint-business saver upgrade for sq67 SIN-BCN-GRU cleared t+36 hours
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:58 am

I'm currently booked on an award itinerary of: HKG-SIN (stopover 4 nights)-JFK. I am on a waitlist to move the HKG-SIN leg back one day.

It seems like with married segment availability, even though the HKG-SIN leg I'm waitlisting for is available for award, I am not allowed to book it because the agent cannot see availability via HKG-JFK. I guess my question is-- how do I proceed next to get the waitlisted flight I want?

If necessary, can I drop the HKG-SIN leg, re-price, preserve the SIN-JFK leg without cancelling the whole itinerary and re-booking?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Had SQ12 SIN-LAX waitlisted for the past 6 months for travel April 20, 2 pax. Just cleared but I already have a more preferred travel date locked in. I just canceled the WL, seats don't appear to be available for immediate confirm but maybe someone will get lucky if they WL them.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by awxm88
datapoint-business saver upgrade for sq67 SIN-BCN-GRU cleared t+36 hours
This is one long route to be flying in Y if the upgrade fails to clear. Do you have any SQ status?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
Had SQ12 SIN-LAX waitlisted for the past 6 months for travel April 20, 2 pax. Just cleared but I already have a more preferred travel date locked in. I just canceled the WL, seats don't appear to be available for immediate confirm but maybe someone will get lucky if they WL them.
My guess is someone was waitlisted behind you.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: KF
Originally Posted by coffee18
I'm currently booked on an award itinerary of: HKG-SIN (stopover 4 nights)-JFK. I am on a waitlist to move the HKG-SIN leg back one day.

It seems like with married segment availability, even though the HKG-SIN leg I'm waitlisting for is available for award, I am not allowed to book it because the agent cannot see availability via HKG-JFK. I guess my question is-- how do I proceed next to get the waitlisted flight I want?

If necessary, can I drop the HKG-SIN leg, re-price, preserve the SIN-JFK leg without cancelling the whole itinerary and re-booking?
Call and insist that married segment is technically not applicable on iterinary with stopover, meaning , the computer will looks on per segment basis. Try harder by insisting to speak to a supervisor. Who knows, the supervisor might have some magic power to override the system.All the best.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My guess is someone was waitlisted behind you.
This is the most likely scenario. However, SQ can force waitlist any free seat just like they do on all award seats bookable ~ 1 year in advance
Old Mar 12, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: SQ *G, MP
My waitlisted Y saver segment SFO-HKG for Sep2016 cleared end of Feb already have a confirmed J segment HKG-SFO. Best birthday gift ever.... now is just starting to plan the rest of my US trip 2016. Thanks to all those tips and tricks from Flyertalk....
Old Mar 13, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamand; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; LeAccor Platinum
How likely are waitlisted flight likely to clear from SIN - SFO, SFO-INCHEON - SIN. I have a Business Saver waitlisted as of now in May 2016

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.