Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:06 pm

Dear all, may i know which number do you call to send a chaser? Reservation and ticketing office or Krisflyer membership services? Not sure if i called the correct number previously as i did not had to wait long. But according to the posts here, we usually have to wait a long time. Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:02 pm

I wonder if the executives in-charge of clearing waitlists are working on 24hr shifts or just purely office hours.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Ive called a few times since sending a chaser in and when I ask about sending it again, i have had bad luck the past 2 times as they keep saying there is already an outstanding request. Finally got another rep on the phone to resend another chaser...lets see what happens.

Is there anything to say to make them more inclined to send another chaser or is it just the luck of the draw what agent u get?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just called and was given the runaround. Told to top up so I could book with "standard" miles instead of "saver".

Do you just ask, "Can you please send a chaser for this waitlisted booking?"

Or do you act more naive with something like, "Hi, I was wondering if there was anything you could do to help with my waitlisted booking?"
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:48 am

I suspect that Singapore has started this "waitlist" concept relatively recently. They probably used to have a lot of "available" saver awards in the past. I just hope that other FF programs don't catch on, and start converting their available saver awards to "waitlist". That would be awful.

Last edited by joer1212; Mar 25, 2016 at 12:05 pm
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Waitlisted PER-SIN for 2 pax 2 weeks ago for mid December flight. Cleared this week
Old Mar 26, 2016, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by joer1212
I suspect that Singapore has started this "waitlist" concept relatively recently. They probably used to have a lot of "available" saver awards in the past. I just hope that other FF programs don't catch on, and start converting their available saver awards to "waitlist". That would be awful.
Most airlines are still stuck on no availability so this waitlist is a bonus IMHO.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Most airlines are still stuck on no availability so this waitlist is a bonus IMHO.
+1. Being allowed to waitlist increases the chances of getting the flight you want, and the chances that a group that wants to travel together will end up on the same flight.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:09 am

But at least you still get a fair number of "available" saver awards with other FF programs (such as UA), allowing you to book immediately and proceed with your travel plans. Singapore's saver awards are virtually all waitlist.
If SQ opened up a modest number of saver awards, and waitlisted the rest, then I would agree with your assertion that the waitlist feature is a bonus. But, as it stands now, it is not.

Last edited by joer1212; Mar 27, 2016 at 1:19 am
Old Mar 26, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by nivla83
I wonder if the executives in-charge of clearing waitlists are working on 24hr shifts or just purely office hours.
You think they have executives in charge of clearing waitlists?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:21 pm

You would think the the WL management would be done with computers. Not sure how they let some flights open up without taking someone off the waiting list.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
You would think the the WL management would be done with computers. Not sure how they let some flights open up without taking someone off the waiting list.
My experience with SQ is that the WL management is done with human intervention, not by computers
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
No, the WL concept has been around with SQ for many years, it is not new.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
But at least you still get a fair number of "available" saver awards with other FF programs (such as UA), allowing you to book immediately and proceed with your travel plans. Singapore's saver awards are virtually all waitlist.
If SQ opened up a modest number of saver awards, and waitlisted the rest, then I would agree with your assertion that the waitlist feature is a bonus. But, as it stands now, it is not.
Every airline is different. I am trying to get LH for the last 5 months and they haven't even opened up one seat in the whole of that month on the flights that I need. Just saying if I could have waitlisted that would have saved me a lot of time.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:12 am

Every airline is different. I am trying to get LH for the last 5 months and they haven't even opened up one seat in the whole of that month on the flights that I need. Just saying if I could have waitlisted that would have saved me a lot of time.
LH is the epitome of stinginess. A more moderate approach (e.g. opening up a limited number of saver awards, and waitlisting the rest) would make everyone happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.