Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
They could award you the flight the week before your trip.

My Tokyo flight got awarded to be about 10 days before.
Thanks, Phant0m

I guess I'll stick it out a while.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:49 pm

What is J Class?

I am fairly new to this. Is J Class available for Award bookings in SQ?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:53 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kishoreduraisamy
I am fairly new to this. Is J Class available for Award bookings in SQ?
J Class is Business Class.

It is available for Award Bookings. There are two levels - Saver & Standard.

SQ Award Charts
Old Jun 10, 2017, 12:47 am

Chances of waitlist to clear end of Aug/Early Sept?

If I was to waitlist one way flights (two people) from BNE > ZRH on a weekday at the end of August or early September, what would my chances be if I waitlisted now? I could probably waitlist for each day from around 30th August to 9th Sept. What are my chances of getting one of those days? how long before the flight are they likely to clear?

Should I book something as a backup now as well in case? Which airline has the cheapest cancellation fee?

Last edited by ISTJ; Jun 10, 2017 at 12:58 am
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:15 pm

Was able to waitlist 2 F seats SIN-LAX without miles in my account (due to already using the miles on a reservation). Had already booked 2 confirmed seats on SQ8 but agent was able to waitlist for the day after my flight on SQ12.

Agent 'tacked on' the waitlist flights onto my confirmed reservation. That reservation now shows both SQ8 confirmed and SQ12 waitlisted. Didn't know that was possible. Hopefully it doesn't alter any chances of clearing the waitlist.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I'm wanting to book the JFK to FRA in Suites class. Due to lack of inventory, I'm willing to pay the 130K miles for a one way if necessary, but I just noticed the Rail-Fly option on the website.

Is it possible to fly from JFK-FRA then connect to another European city either via rail or a connecting SQ flight for the same reward fare?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Are standard F award seats significantly more likely to clear waitlist than saver F ?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I'm wanting to book the JFK to FRA in Suites class. Due to lack of inventory, I'm willing to pay the 130K miles for a one way if necessary, but I just noticed the Rail-Fly option on the website.

Is it possible to fly from JFK-FRA then connect to another European city either via rail or a connecting SQ flight for the same reward fare?
Which site did you see Rail-Fly?

You could connect JFK-FRA-Intra EU with *A redemption.
Note that SQ charges exorbitant surcharges to fly SQ long haul metal on *A redemption.
SQ doesn't fly FRA-Intra EU, so not possible to use KF.

Logically speaking Standard award should clear first then Saver. No one knows except KF inventory i suppose...
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:55 am

Hi, data point:

I manage to redeem immediately these 2 flights today:
SQ 222 Syd - Sin (14th Sep, Thursday)
SQ 860 Sin - HK (15th Sep, Friday)

Suites class while other days are always waitlist. I have been aiming for this day for so long as my miles got stuck from Amex Krisflyer credit card.

Total cost is 80,000 miles + 91 AUD, same amount I need to pay for Syd - Sin alone.

Quite weird that I can book this flight right away even though it is quite popular.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:19 am

I wonder if anyone has an answer to the following question. If I am able to secure a saver award and used up all available miles, can I call and ask to be waitlisted on different date and attach the waitlisted ticket to the confirmed saver ticket? Thanks in advance
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by patrickfungusa
I wonder if anyone has an answer to the following question. If I am able to secure a saver award and used up all available miles, can I call and ask to be waitlisted on different date and attach the waitlisted ticket to the confirmed saver ticket? Thanks in advance
post #1190

in fact this is what you want to do, because if waitlist open up, you can change it without fee. i was told that if your waitlist flight is under a different PNR, then you have to pay a fee to cancel existing reservation and book a new reservation.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
post #1190

in fact this is what you want to do, because if waitlist open up, you can change it without fee. i was told that if your waitlist flight is under a different PNR, then you have to pay a fee to cancel existing reservation and book a new reservation.
True. Usually agent will make us pay 30USD.
You could ask her to transfer that seat under different pnr to your existing booking if it clears. Then you saved 30$.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:13 am

Hi All, I'm a newbie in this and really grateful for finding this helpful thread.
I have 2 waitlist on Y saver class for 2 different dates as follow:
- 24 Jun CGK - SIN - TPE return on 28 Jun
- 25 Jun CGK - SIN - TPE return on 29 Jun
The booking for 25 Jun was made on 18 Jun and cleared on 19 Jun.
As for the 24 Jun was made on 19 Jun and received cleared status for SIN - TPE - SIN leg but the CGK - SIN - CGK is still on waitlist.
If I prefer to have the 24 Jun flight, could you please share your advise on this situation? Should I call the agent and ask for chaser?
Really appreciate the feedback given.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Thermopolis
Hi All, I'm a newbie in this and really grateful for finding this helpful thread.
I have 2 waitlist on Y saver class for 2 different dates as follow:
- 24 Jun CGK - SIN - TPE return on 28 Jun
- 25 Jun CGK - SIN - TPE return on 29 Jun
The booking for 25 Jun was made on 18 Jun and cleared on 19 Jun.
As for the 24 Jun was made on 19 Jun and received cleared status for SIN - TPE - SIN leg but the CGK - SIN - CGK is still on waitlist.
If I prefer to have the 24 Jun flight, could you please share your advise on this situation? Should I call the agent and ask for chaser?
Really appreciate the feedback given.
You can call the agent and ask for chaser but as you know well, its peak exodus season in Indonesia now so have to manage your expectations.

If you are willing to wait until the last minute for SIN-CGK-SIN to clear, then call them everyday and hope for the best. If the time limit for confirming the 24th itinerary is soon, since the SIN-TPE-SIN sectors are available for confirmation, the agent can help you to extend the deadline as well.

Good luck!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by worldrally
You can call the agent and ask for chaser but as you know well, its peak exodus season in Indonesia now so have to manage your expectations.

If you are willing to wait until the last minute for SIN-CGK-SIN to clear, then call them everyday and hope for the best. If the time limit for confirming the 24th itinerary is soon, since the SIN-TPE-SIN sectors are available for confirmation, the agent can help you to extend the deadline as well.

Good luck!
Hi worldrally, Thank you for your feedback.
I tried to call their Indonesian office but can not get through (is this where the agent is? or I should call the Singapore KF office?)
Had made an inquiry through online form and crossing my finger as it is indeed the peak exodus time in Indonesia.

fortunately the deadline is still over 24 hours

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.