Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
Waitlisted yesterday for SIN-JFK in Suites (Nov), cleared this morning.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
SIN-MEL SQ217, 2 Suites for 5th April cleared with hours to spare before deval day.
I have just released two J seats on same flight.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Doesn't seem like any new flights (355 days from today) for SIN-JFK are even allowing waitlisting. I have been monitoring the past few days at all hours of the day and haven't seen even 1 F seat available for WL. Any others reporting differently?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I saw a few for next March from JFK-FRA on WL yesterday, none bookable.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:37 am

Was contemplating flying AKL-SIN/SIN-AKL, but many of the seats (W, J, and F) on most dates I checked in the next month are listed as Standard waitlisted, with no opportunity for Saver redemption (??)

Even last minute redemptions +/- a week are shown as waitlisted too. Any ideas??

Last edited by iluvdoco; Mar 29, 2017 at 8:11 am
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Doesn't seem like any new flights (355 days from today) for SIN-JFK are even allowing waitlisting. I have been monitoring the past few days at all hours of the day and haven't seen even 1 F seat available for WL. Any others reporting differently?
From what I seen and booked, dragonknight's (post#1065) is 100% spot on. Actual Saver seats have not opened (pretty much since deval announcement) but only WL saver seats opened. WL saver option seems to disappear after an hour (not sure if it just goes away in an hr or it gets booked up after an hr) but that's why if you check later, you wont see the WL saver option available. All of my WL had cleared after 1-2 business days (assuming you were first to WL, if you are 2nd or etc., your WL will not clear unless the person in front of you releases the tickets aka do not confirm them before the deadline)
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
From what I seen and booked, dragonknight's (post#1065) is 100% spot on. Actual Saver seats have not opened (pretty much since deval announcement) but only WL saver seats opened. WL saver option seems to disappear after an hour (not sure if it just goes away in an hr or it gets booked up after an hr) but that's why if you check later, you wont see the WL saver option available. All of my WL had cleared after 1-2 business days (assuming you were first to WL, if you are 2nd or etc., your WL will not clear unless the person in front of you releases the tickets aka do not confirm them before the deadline)
Do waitlists ever "declear", i.e. - do you get notified they will never clear and are cancelled so you can quit waiting?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
How difficult is it to clear 4 people on wait list for premium cabins (J/F) if SQ allows us to get on the list?

Trying to get 4 OW LAX-NRT tickets for next spring using Chase UR.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Do waitlists ever "declear", i.e. - do you get notified they will never clear and are cancelled so you can quit waiting?
nope -- they never "declear" since they can technically clear up to like the last day?... so yes you will need contingency plans
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
​​​​​​nope

I can see saver suite availability for SIN-jfk on 3/20/18

Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage
​​​​​​nope

I can see saver suite availability for SIN-jfk on 3/20/18
I have been tracking this flight for a couple of weeks now and this is the first day that I have seen Saver availability.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
I have been tracking this flight for a couple of weeks now and this is the first day that I have seen Saver availability.
3/21 is also available
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:54 am

3/21 is also available
Nice! Makes sense they put saver space back after new rates. I stopped looking after 3/23
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:16 am

3/21 is also available
This is a radical departure for SQ availability, as 3/20 is still available alongside 3/21. Historically award space opened at T-355 and then typically closed a few hours later. To see two consecutive days with F space is quite unusual, and hopefully will be a permanent change. Furthermore, both days have 2 seats available, which is fantastic.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Waitlist begins...

3 pax HKG-SFO business savers, mid July.
Update: waitlist has not cleared yet.

Waitlisted early Oct 2016 for mid July 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.