Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:04 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
A quick question if anyone here can help -

If for example, June 1 says "waitlist" saver award, and June 2 has immediate saver award availability - is there some capability to ticket the June 2 but still waitlist for June 1 and have it confirm automatically if it comes available? How would this be accomplished online, or do you have to call? Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by TA
A quick question if anyone here can help -

If for example, June 1 says "waitlist" saver award, and June 2 has immediate saver award availability - is there some capability to ticket the June 2 but still waitlist for June 1 and have it confirm automatically if it comes available? How would this be accomplished online, or do you have to call? Thanks!
Why not waitlist June 1st and subsequently book June 2? If and when the waitlist opens up for booking you can call to make the change.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:02 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by nas6034
Why not waitlist June 1st and subsequently book June 2? If and when the waitlist opens up for booking you can call to make the change.
Ah, ok, I just did it. I did not realize that the waitlist function allows you to request the space without deducting the miles! Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:39 pm

waitlist request sent for HKG-SFO in F on 2/17
cleared today, 3/7
travel date, 11/19

my first time waitlisting an award on SQ, and will be my first time flying them in any cabin. had a few SQ awards waitlisted but this is the one i wanted the most (itinerary and timing).

woohoo!
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Interesting enough, no waitlisting required on JFK-FRA F APR 17. Wanted that date and it was avail. I should go buy the lottery.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
So if you can waitlist without the miles being debited, do they need to be in your account or could I waitlist and award and not move the chase UR points unless it comes through? If I request WL before 3/23 will it be at the old rates (w 15% discount) even if it clears after 3/23?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
So if you can waitlist without the miles being debited, do they need to be in your account or could I waitlist and award and not move the chase UR points unless it comes through? If I request WL before 3/23 will it be at the old rates (w 15% discount) even if it clears after 3/23?
they need to be in your sq account but won't be deducted for waitlist

If waitlist clears after 3/23, you pay the new rate
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage
they need to be in your sq account but won't be deducted for waitlist

If waitlist clears after 3/23, you pay the new rate
Not sure if this is true. Change of dates is FOC, if change of dates do not require the tickets to be re-issued, the old rate should apply. I was able to change the dates this way (quite long time ago), by having a confirmed flight changed to a waitlisted flight that cleared (by calling).
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by fone
Not sure if this is true. Change of dates is FOC, if change of dates do not require the tickets to be re-issued, the old rate should apply. I was able to change the dates this way (quite long time ago), by having a confirmed flight changed to a waitlisted flight that cleared (by calling).
well, my assumption was for a clean waitlist (aka never ticketed)

if you were ticketed on a date, waitlist clears after 3/23 and you want to switch the date, who knows what will happen
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: KF, Eva
hey guys, finally my waitlist award is cleared.
strange enough, I couldn't confirm it via the website/apps, so I called in and gave the CSO my card number for payment

now the status is changed to "reserved".
considering the sms/email I've received told me to confirm it within 24 hours, will they put back it to their inventory if it remains "reserved" the next day?

I mean I would definitely go crazy if this happened to me
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:15 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
What happens on Partner Awards, where the Singapore to FRA is waitlisted but the Connection FRA to IAD on LH is confirmed. When do they take the miles?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
cleared today, 3/7
travel date, 11/19

my first time waitlisting an award on SQ, and will be my first time flying them in any cabin. had a few SQ awards waitlisted but this is the one i wanted the most (itinerary and timing).

woohoo!
awesome! I'm on that flight four days prior in J. Considered waitlisting for F, but don't want to transfer miles from UR and then be stuck if it doesnt clear. Flying SQ suites on outbound JFK-FRA-SIN-BOM (repositioning to JFK for 3 nights NYC and for better product)
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by ahcjar103
cleared today, 3/7
travel date, 11/19

woohoo!
This route is much easier than SFO-HKG
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:00 pm

Data point:

Waitlisted Suite SIN-CDG on 6 Feb
Cleared on 9 Mar (T-11)
No status
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:29 am

Data point

Hi guys,

I register this account to share my data point with you guys. Have been going through this thread to get some insights into how to get awards cleared for Suites.

Route: SIN - JFK, Suites (O)
27th June 2018: 2 persons, waitlisted on 10th Mar 2017, cleared at 14:00, 13th Mar 2017
28th June 2018: 2 persons, waitlisted on 10th Mar 2017, cleared at 21:30, 13th Mar 2017
No status, no chaser

Both tickets on each day are waitlisted separately. I chose the first one this evening and called Krisflyer to add Business leg from SGN to SIN on the same day, paying additional 100sgd/ticket for tax and no additional miles. Probably will move the ticket away as I plan to travel in May / June 2018, but confirm them now so that I won't pay the new rate. Will cancel my 28th Feb 2018 reservation so that other guys can have chance.

Trick: You can waitlist saver awards the latest available date ticket around 7:30 - 8:00 AM SGT everyday, so try to aim for that. Around 8:30 AM+, no more waitlist option for Saver. I applied the same strategy for 26/27/28th tickets, and have the last 2 confirmed. In addition, even though the app shows that only 26th Feb 2018 is available, you still can first search for 26th Feb, then click next to choose 27th Feb, which is not allowed from search windows. I guess this helps me to become the first waitlisters for those days, and subsequently clear first.

During the call, as I have expected, SingaporeAirline intentionally locks 3C, 3D seats on every single flight so that we can only start with waitlist. Reason: When I choose seats, they ask if I prefer 2C/2D or 3C/3D even though 2C/2D is shown as booked.

In addition, I have waitlisted all possible flights from June 2017 to Feb 2018, both SIN - JFK (14 reservations) and JFK - SIN (24 reservations) to make sure that the chance of clearance will be higher before 23rd Mar. I can book SIN - SFO or SIN - LAX as backup in case SIN - JFK fails, which is unlikely.

Last edited by dragonknight; Mar 13, 2017 at 11:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.