Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:00 pm

I need to somehow find a way from SIN to NRT on Jan 20th. I'm not sure if I should move some points over and waitlist on J on Singapore again.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by invisible
Writing this from Arthur's Pass, NZ. There were three empty seats on SIN-CHC flight today in Business while my waitlist never cleared after waitlisted for more than seven month. One positive note - FA brought me to business at one og these seats 30 min before arrive so I could sit next to my wife

Let's see how many will be on the return flight, but everyone should be aware of SQ's practice - if you think that they will clear waitlist to give you award seat - that's wishful thinking.
More data point - on return flight two seats were empty at Business. And yes, my waitlist did not clear.
So, don't expect that SQ will clear waitlist just for the purpose to fill the cabin.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
I have waitlisted SIN-FRA-JFK for 2 suites. I have 2 award tickets booked SIN-HKG-SFO. If my waitlist clears I will need the miles used to book them. What is the best way to do this if I get lucky! Should I call to do this or just cancel myself and hope the miles are redeposited instantly? Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pulley
I have waitlisted SIN-FRA-JFK for 2 suites. I have 2 award tickets booked SIN-HKG-SFO. If my waitlist clears I will need the miles used to book them. What is the best way to do this if I get lucky! Should I call to do this or just cancel myself and hope the miles are redeposited instantly? Thanks
Definitely call and have them do it. Ask them to expedite the redeposit (if they don't offer) b/c you need the miles for flights that came off waitlist...but I would manage your expectations. The odds of two Saver Suites coming off the waitlist are very slim.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
Originally Posted by 54austin
Definitely call and have them do it. Ask them to expedite the redeposit (if they don't offer) b/c you need the miles for flights that came off waitlist...but I would manage your expectations. The odds of two Saver Suites coming off the waitlist are very slim.
I called back to add another day and they offered to book 1 standard and 1 saver in suites so I spent the extra miles. Might not ever the chance again.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, Hilton Honors, etc.
I waitlisted my Feb 1 SFO -> SIN -> KUL in Business on Dec 11, 2016. It cleared on January 10th.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Just cancelled a saver suite award JFK-SIN for Feb 9...although cabin looks half-full, so doubtful it will go back into saver award inventory.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Hi all,

anyone here had had success getting 3 suite/F savers? Say Syd-sin vv
or syd-hkg vv

Thanks,
K.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Planned to go SIN-DPS-SIN with my wife in early Feb in J. Inbound was available, but outbound both Savers and Standard only available for waitlisting.

On 10/1/2017, I went ahead to waitlist my wife on the outbound with a confirmed return, and having read the posts here, went to purchase for myself a revenue ticket (ex-SGN with DPS nestled between work trips so it was quite reasonably priced). I called SQ up the next day to link my bookings together, and to ask for a chaser to see if they could clear the waitlist for my wife. No result, so a week later (i.e. today) I called again, and her flight was confirmed within 2 hours of the phone call ^

Flight is still 2 weeks away so quite happy that I didn't have to worry about flying there in SQ J, and her on an LCC Seems like SQ consistently shows sympathy when at least 1 party is on a revenue ticket...
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Has anyone who doesn't have status with SQ ever had luck calling in and having a 'chaser' sent or does that only work for elite status members?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:29 am

I have no status with SQ, I'd say my chasers are rather successful.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: KF Gold
Have had 100% success with chasers so far - I think it's 5/5 and I have no status. Not just chasers but waitlists in general usually come through. The only time I've failed was for SIN-MEL in J but that was for AFL GF weekend and I had an F saver as backup. Having said that though, I hope I haven't jinxed it as I'm waiting on a WL to clear for 3 x J NRT-SIN in 3 weeks and have already sent 2 chasers!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Anyone has 3 suite savers successful before? for SYD-SIN-SYD or any other routes
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: KF EG
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Anyone has 3 suite savers successful before? for SYD-SIN-SYD or any other routes
yes, 3 suites savers are possible. i got SIN-NRT before, though 1 of them was waitlisted till one month before departure
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:00 am

Data point---I waitlisted 2 suites saver awards SIN-FRA-JFK last month on a few dates for late Jan 2017. The only ones to clear were Jan 25th and they cleared 48 hours before. I ticketed them immediately and only after ticketing did I see that they were the last 2 suites seats left, and were not near each other. I have to admit my joy at getting this award is tempered by not being able to have a double bed in the sky. First world problem I know. We were booked in suites together SIN-NRT and then NRT-JFK in F on ANA as my backup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.