Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:47 am

i tried to book a first segment to latch onto my SIN>FRA>JFK leg on the A380 with the intention of making SIN my stopover, i was waitlisted until yesterday, when i called them they said it will cost me $180 USD for the first segment from HKT > SIN.

i thought it was suppose to be only $100 USD ... did i do something wrong?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Probably extra taxes and fuel surcharges for the HKT-SIN sector amounting to US$80.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Just cleared 2 F awards for mid-march MEL-SIN, after putting the awards on the waitlist 48-hours ago. No chaser required.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stimulus
i tried to book a first segment to latch onto my SIN>FRA>JFK leg on the A380 with the intention of making SIN my stopover, i was waitlisted until yesterday, when i called them they said it will cost me $180 USD for the first segment from HKT > SIN.

Is that really a stopover? As I understand the fuel surcharge is computed according to the start and end point. So it is not a per segment one. If you stay at SIN is <24 hours then they probably was charging you HKT-JFK fuel.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:57 am

Quick question. Always good to bounce an idea off folk that know, hope you don't mind.

There are 2 seats available in J for the flight I'd like, on almost every day of the month I'd like to travel. Problem is I'd need 3 seats.

So, should I:
A) Transfer in all my points etc to SQ and waitlist all 3 seats?
B) Transfer in enough points for the 3 J seats, book 2, waitlist the third, and book a PE seat on the same flight?

Problem is of course I'm dependant upon the waitlist gods whatever happens..
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by dannyrado
Quick question. Always good to bounce an idea off folk that know, hope you don't mind.

There are 2 seats available in J for the flight I'd like, on almost every day of the month I'd like to travel. Problem is I'd need 3 seats.

So, should I:
A) Transfer in all my points etc to SQ and waitlist all 3 seats?
B) Transfer in enough points for the 3 J seats, book 2, waitlist the third, and book a PE seat on the same flight?

Problem is of course I'm dependant upon the waitlist gods whatever happens..
I would confirm the two seats in J and waitlist the third. I would then call in and request a chaser on the third seat that is waitlisted and reference the two confirmed tickets. I was 7/9 on getting my waitlists to clear last year, and 2/2 so far this year. What time of year are you travelling and what route?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by stimulus

IIRC, taxes is not added for transit, but added for stopover. Stopover is defined as a stop of 24 hours or more.

I believe the US$100 you refer to is the fee for the stopover, then the US$80 is for the additional taxes for the stopover.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by gpeso8
I would confirm the two seats in J and waitlist the third. I would then call in and request a chaser on the third seat that is waitlisted and reference the two confirmed tickets. I was 7/9 on getting my waitlists to clear last year, and 2/2 so far this year. What time of year are you travelling and what route?
I will indeed. Unfortunately, Christmas...

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:05 am

http://pointmetotheplane.boardingare...r-devaluation/

Thoughts?

Using JFK > FRA > SIN suite as an example:

Would you rather spend 93.5k + $340 or 120k + $50 ?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Anyone knows if I submit a First Class waitlist pre 23/3, and the award subsequently clears after 23/3, will I still pay the pre-23/3 price with 15% online discount?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:12 pm

No. The key is when you are ticketed, not when you waitlisted. So if you are ticketed after 23/3, you will be charged the post-23/3 rates.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by vade
No. The key is when you are ticketed, not when you waitlisted. So if you are ticketed after 23/3, you will be charged the post-23/3 rates.

Really hoping my waitlist on 3/21 clears.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:06 pm

I thought I had canceled this waitlist but apparently I didn't and just received notification that it cleared:

March 26th, SQ228, 3 passengers in J.

Waitlisted: February 20, 2017
Cleared: March 2, 2017

Called and canceled the reservation, so hopefully they clear someone else off the waitlist.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by sonomawine
I have always had good luck in clearing the waitlist for F.

My latest success was at the end of October clearing the wait list for two biz seats this coming February CPT-JNB-SIN-SFO all on the A350.
How long was it between the time you request to be on waitlist, until the time you actually have your waitlist cleared? Do you actually need to have sufficient miles (amount of miles equivalent to the flight you request waitlist for) to have your waitlist clear?

Because I asked for waitlist when I have enough miles in my account, but since then, I had already used those miles to book another Plan B flight as I didnt want to wait and risk getting nothing

So basically

Plan A : JNB->SIN on Tuesday ---- this is the one I had already redeemed
Plan B : CPT->SIN on a weekend or Tuesday. These are the few dates where I have waitlisted for.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:59 am

Would it be possible to waitlist J/F and book Y, then if either J/F clears, switch to the opened award? Would there be any fees to switch?

Originally Posted by travelbugging
Waitlist for Dep A BEFORE booking Dep B. Then once Dep Date A waitlist opens up, give them a call and they can easily switch it for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.