Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:03 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by fuschia
Data point:

Waitlisted Suite SIN-CDG on 6 Feb
Cleared on 9 Mar (T-11)
No status
What was your date of Travel Please, this would induacte how many days before you are likely to be confirmed off waitlist...Thanks?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:38 pm

Firstly it wouldn't indicate that. Secondly he's stated his travel date.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dragonknight
Hi guys,

I register this account to share my data point with you guys. Have been going through this thread to get some insights into how to get awards cleared for Suites.

Route: SIN - JFK, Suites (O)
27th June 2018: 2 persons, waitlisted on 10th Mar 2017, cleared at 14:00, 13th Mar 2017
28th June 2018: 2 persons, waitlisted on 10th Mar 2017, cleared at 21:30, 13th Mar 2017
No status, no chaser

Both tickets on each day are waitlisted separately. I chose the first one this evening and called Krisflyer to add Business leg from SGN to SIN on the same day, paying additional 100sgd/ticket for tax and no additional miles. Probably will move the ticket away as I plan to travel in May / June 2018, but confirm them now so that I won't pay the new rate. Will cancel my 28th Feb 2018 reservation so that other guys can have chance.

Trick: You can waitlist saver awards the latest available date ticket around 7:30 - 8:00 AM SGT everyday, so try to aim for that. Around 8:30 AM+, no more waitlist option for Saver. I applied the same strategy for 26/27/28th tickets, and have the last 2 confirmed. In addition, even though the app shows that only 26th Feb 2018 is available, you still can first search for 26th Feb, then click next to choose 27th Feb, which is not allowed from search windows. I guess this helps me to become the first waitlisters for those days, and subsequently clear first.

During the call, as I have expected, SingaporeAirline intentionally locks 3C, 3D seats on every single flight so that we can only start with waitlist. Reason: When I choose seats, they ask if I prefer 2C/2D or 3C/3D even though 2C/2D is shown as booked.

In addition, I have waitlisted all possible flights from June 2017 to Feb 2018, both SIN - JFK (14 reservations) and JFK - SIN (24 reservations) to make sure that the chance of clearance will be higher before 23rd Mar. I can book SIN - SFO or SIN - LAX as backup in case SIN - JFK fails, which is unlikely.
There is no way you booked and confirmed Suites for June 2018. That inventory isn't even loaded as it only comes out ~360 days in advance. Maybe you booked for Feb 2018 and later plan to date change your redemption when your desired dates become within bookable range?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by demue
There is no way you booked and confirmed Suites for June 2018. That inventory isn't even loaded as it only comes out ~360 days in advance. Maybe you booked for Feb 2018 and later plan to date change your redemption when your desired dates become within bookable range?
I think it's clear he meant to type February but mistakenly typed June (?). Everything in his response indicates that.

Thanks, Dragonknight, for the write-up and analysis.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:24 pm

It's rather frustrating to see that I can't even be waitlisted for my flights (Suites Saver), and when I search for those days on expertflyer, there's not a single seat taken.. When I call SQ (particularly for any dates in Feb 2018), they said all waitlists are closed (????).
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by behyx
It's rather frustrating to see that I can't even be waitlisted for my flights (Suites Saver), and when I search for those days on expertflyer, there's not a single seat taken.. When I call SQ (particularly for any dates in Feb 2018), they said all waitlists are closed (????).
gee... i wonder if the deval had anything to do with that

from your previous post, I do see LHR-SIN or LHR-SIN-SYD saver available on 2/28/2018, SIN-SYD saver available on 3/1
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage
gee... i wonder if the deval had anything to do with that

from your previous post, I do see LHR-SIN or LHR-SIN-SYD saver available on 2/28/2018, SIN-SYD saver available on 3/1
I feel that SQ shrinks the amount of F seats for redemption.

1-2 years ago I managed to book and fly for 2 pax. Searched for 2 pax, confirm and pay, secured the seats.

Today, I just checked for the same route. For 2 pax, it shows waitlist. I proceeded to go ahead to be waitlisted, but received an error, diverted back to homepage. Called SQ, they said there's only 1 seat. I thought he meant 1 seat on waitlist. I search the flight again for 1 pax, to my surprise, I can confirm on the spot without waitlisting! So I went ahead to redeem. Paid and ticket issued! Now when i'm trying to book (or be waitlisted) for the 2nd pax (my wife), it shows no seat available.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop
I think it's clear he meant to type February but mistakenly typed June (?). Everything in his response indicates that.

Thanks, Dragonknight, for the write-up and analysis.
Hi, I plan to travel around May-June 2018 for my honeymoon, but the tickets are only available in next 3-4 months. I need to book my tickets now before the 23rd March, or having to pay 26.5 * 2 = 53,000 miles more for both tickets. I will wait until this June to book June 2018 ticket again, free of charge.

Another data point:

2 tickets Suites Saver, SIN - JFK: 21st April 2017 (Friday), waitlisted on 11th Mar 2017. 1 cleared today, 6:00 PM SGT.

It is quite rare nowadays for Friday ticket to be bookable.

I will cancel this reservation, and see if the next booking will have the confirmation.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:32 am

Just right after I pressed cancellation to the first booking for 21st April 2017 reservation, the second booking has confirmation sms.

You still can waitlist for this day. Go ahead, I will cancel 2nd booking as well .
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Have had a bunch of awards get confirmed from waitlist over the last week or two. ^^
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:17 am

Would be nice to get my J SFO-HKG-SIN waitlists cleared before the deval. Flights aren't until January so I don't hold too much hope.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Chaser Results

I put in two chasers for 2 first class seats NRT>LAX in may, but I haven't heard anything positive or negative. Do you get notified of the results or if nothing comes of it you don't hear anything?

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by skimtastic
Do you get notified of the results or if nothing comes of it you don't hear anything?
The latter. You only get an SMS or email if your waitlist clears, otherwise, not a sound.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by pokfur
The latter. You only get an SMS or email if your waitlist clears, otherwise, not a sound.
This is actually very far from reality. I've had about 5 instances that I can recall where I was waitlisted and the flight suddenly changed to available but I wasn't notified. It's only cos I checked daily that I was able to catch them. Well documented on this board mind you.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
awesome! I'm on that flight four days prior in J. Considered waitlisting for F, but don't want to transfer miles from UR and then be stuck if it doesnt clear. Flying SQ suites on outbound JFK-FRA-SIN-BOM (repositioning to JFK for 3 nights NYC and for better product)
haha thanks! understand on the transfer. i was about to use the miles for something else and then got the confirmation that it had cleared. i had also waitlisted both F and J... just happens the F came through.

enjoy your trip in suites! sounds like an awesome itinerary!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.