Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
A point of interest - I have had 1 leg clear twice (nrt-sin and hkg sin) but the over the water leg had not. Have to call in since can't ticket partial - and don't seem to be able to keep that leg on waitlist once it has cleared
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
How difficult is it to clear 4 people on wait list for premium cabins (J/F) if SQ allows us to get on the list?

Trying to get 4 OW LAX-NRT tickets for next spring using Chase UR.
Any insights on this?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
Any insights on this?
I don't think anybody really knows? For example, is it a peak season travel? Are you traveling on a weekend? How far out are you waitlisting?

Considering it is for 4 pax your chances will certainly be higher if you choose a low season on a weekday (tue-thur) to travel. But depending on status and other factors, you have to be prepared for it to clear only very near the flight itself.

Most of my waitlists for 1 or 2 pax have only cleared about 1 week out. Most times, I also had a back-up plan. Some times, I simply stuck to faith in SQ. In Dec last year, I flew to Europe for 10 days without a confirmed ticket back. Waitlist for my return flight only cleared 3 days before the flight. Phew.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Do waitlists ever "declear", i.e. - do you get notified they will never clear and are cancelled so you can quit waiting?
No notification will be given if you are not cancelling it yourself. They keep you on waitlist until CI for that particular flight closes.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: KrisFlyer
We booked SIN - JNB - CPT in Eco Saver for end of April. The booking was done way back in Oct 16 but only CPT - JNB - SIN has confirmed and SIN - JNB - CPT is still waitlisted. What are the chances of the waitlist clearing? Looking at booking an alternate option on a separate airline in case it doesn't clear so just wondering if we should wait a while more or book right away.

Also, if CPT - JNB - SIN is confirmed, is it possible to board that flight at JNB instead of CPT?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Booked a waitlisted (J) IST-SIN in March, for May departure. Seat map 60% occupied.

Called up a few days ago to send a chaser, waitlist cleared 9 hours later.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by intrepidk
We booked SIN - JNB - CPT in Eco Saver for end of April. The booking was done way back in Oct 16 but only CPT - JNB - SIN has confirmed and SIN - JNB - CPT is still waitlisted. What are the chances of the waitlist clearing? Looking at booking an alternate option on a separate airline in case it doesn't clear so just wondering if we should wait a while more or book right away.

Also, if CPT - JNB - SIN is confirmed, is it possible to board that flight at JNB instead of CPT?
I'm not sure if this applies to redemption tickets, as it does to normal commercial booking tickets. But I suppose it does.

But you are NOT allowed to use a ticket out of sequence.

If you fail to board the flight at CPT, it is likely your ticket will be cancelled and you won't be allowed to board the flight at JNB.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:13 am

Anyone have any data points on last minute waitlists clearing? EF is showing R4F0A0 and SQ26 is available for saver waitlist on Apr 15 & 16.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
A question I am hoping an experienced SQ person can answer. I am looking to book MEL-SIN-HKT//HKT-SIN//SIN-MEL. I can find flights available to book the whole itinerary confirmed.

Once booking the confirmed itinerary am I then able to online wait list for say the MEL-SIN-HKT leg on other preferred flights?

If I wasn't looking for the stopover in SIN on the return I would just book all my wait listed one bookings then the confirmed, but this doesn't really work trying to make use of the free stopover.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by travelislife
A question I am hoping an experienced SQ person can answer. I am looking to book MEL-SIN-HKT//HKT-SIN//SIN-MEL. I can find flights available to book the whole itinerary confirmed.

Once booking the confirmed itinerary am I then able to online wait list for say the MEL-SIN-HKT leg on other preferred flights?

If I wasn't looking for the stopover in SIN on the return I would just book all my wait listed one bookings then the confirmed, but this doesn't really work trying to make use of the free stopover.

Thanks in advance.
you can WL once ticketed.

once you issued as a stopover at SIN then you have to stopover.
i usually do a transit, instead of stopover, in SIN then you can utilise 24hour transit - still be flexible
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by terbangalways
you can WL once ticketed.

once you issued as a stopover at SIN then you have to stopover.
i usually do a transit, instead of stopover, in SIN then you can utilise 24hour transit - still be flexible
Thanks for the response. I definitely need the stopover to go stay with family.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
I. Really. Screwed. up

In my defense I had not been out of the hospital but a month when I booked this. I literally almost died during my stay, and this trip was something my wife wanted to do to give me something extra to look forward to during my recovery. I have always wanted to see Asia anyway...

Here is the rest of the story. I booked 2 J seats from HKT-IAH for March 2018. This flight is our return to the USA after our 2 week trip to SE Asia (I booked our outbound on CX) The only problem is we needed the same day only in Feb for our return!

When I noticed this today I immediately called SQ. They only had 1 award seat left on the Feb date I needed. The CSA said she could not give me that since we were on 1 award. I would have thought, why not grab the one thats open and waitlist the other, but she said she could not do that and something along the lines of "the timeframe window had closed to book that" I have never booked SQ so I have no idea of the rules are.

I have no idea what to expect. The CSA did did say this particular flight had not sold many seats as of right now, so that is good. When I asked about our chances she said that because not many seats sold yet and the fact that this flight is 10 months away we should have a decent shot at the seats and I think as it gets closer SQ will release more award seats.

So do i need to call every few days and check back? What exactly should I do at this point? Should I just cancel outright our other flight with SQ? A month too late does us no good. Any thoughts of our odds?

Thanks

Last edited by 1readyset2go; Apr 19, 2017 at 11:45 am
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by Troopers
Update: waitlist has not cleared yet.

Waitlisted early Oct 2016 for mid July 2017.
Still not cleared?

Are you still making travel plans, now that it's only 3 months out?

Make hotel reservations which can be canceled?

What happens if it doesn't clear, you won't go or you make other arrangements?

You get your KF points back and then what, they're on a timer to expire? So those points will have been on your account since at least early October 2016 and would thus expire in another year?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by wco81
Still not cleared?
Nope.

Are you still making travel plans, now that it's only 3 months out?

Make hotel reservations which can be canceled?

What happens if it doesn't clear, you won't go or you make other arrangements?

You get your KF points back and then what, they're on a timer to expire? So those points will have been on your account since at least early October 2016 and would thus expire in another year?
I ended booking SIN-SFO in J.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
So you are talking a separate flight from HKG to SIN to connect?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.