Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
post #1190

in fact this is what you want to do, because if waitlist open up, you can change it without fee. i was told that if your waitlist flight is under a different PNR, then you have to pay a fee to cancel existing reservation and book a new reservation.
What is PNR?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by patrickfungusa
What is PNR?
Passenger name record. It's the record locator number that airlines give you once you make a reservation
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I gave up on waitlisting and transferred 260K UR points to SQ last night for 2x Suites class Standard JFK to FRA. How long are people waiting for points to transfer? I've read 12-24 hours and I'm up to 18 and counting.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I gave up on waitlisting and transferred 260K UR points to SQ last night for 2x Suites class Standard JFK to FRA. How long are people waiting for points to transfer? I've read 12-24 hours and I'm up to 18 and counting.
Time taken to transfer points to KF

I did a UR transfer about a week or two ago. Took about 48 hours. It was my first time transferring to KF as well. Since it was my first time getting any sort of mileage activity in my account, I got an email thanking me for my first transaction with KF.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:43 pm

I called KF line and asked them to expedite. I had to give the number of points transferred from Chase and the Request #, and she sent a request to some dept.

The miles posted about 23 hours after the initial transfer.

I was able to book Suites class Standard from Jfk for my wife and I, but initially 2 person suites in the middle showed unavailable. I had a moment of panic as I realized that my bucket list flight could find us sitting on different rows. Then I called KF again to inquire about changing to another flight/date as the middle seats were taken. But the agent was able to quickly move us into 2B and 2C - apparently SQ blocks the double suites off so some single ticketed nincompoop doesn't take one side for himself and hold the other side hostage. If this default block is a normal practice, this info should probably be disseminated to other aspiring suites class couples so they know to call in and get an override.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:53 am

On the SQ award flight I am looking at, I noticed the saver J is indicated as 'waitlist' while the standard J is indicated as 'not available' . Is this occurrence common? What does it imply?

Just strange to me that it appear this way, rather than vice versa (ie. standard J = 'waitlist', saver J = 'not available')
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
On the SQ award flight I am looking at, I noticed the saver J is indicated as 'waitlist' while the standard J is indicated as 'not available' . Is this occurrence common? What does it imply?

Just strange to me that it appear this way, rather than vice versa (ie. standard J = 'waitlist', saver J = 'not available')
Saw it few times also.

I am guessing they have different inventory for different class. And some people "desperate enough" to do waiting list on standard?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
But the agent was able to quickly move us into 2B and 2C - apparently SQ blocks the double suites off so some single ticketed nincompoop doesn't take one side for himself and hold the other side hostage.
Actually, I think the real reason is that 2C and D (not B and C) are bassinet seats, and SQ by practice blocks off all bassinet seats. In J and F these are released to you if you call in and ask for it, with the caveat that if a baby really needs it, they will boot you out.

I have seen this before. Indeed Savers and Standard book into different fare classes (I and D respectively I think for Business Class). A likely scenario is that originally some people had booked/waitlisted Savers until they were not available. Other, desperate people then went on to snap up Standard. Later on, someone who was waitlisted on Savers cancelled his waitlist, and hence it reappeared as available for waitlist on your screen.

It is even stranger when Savers is available for immediate confirmation and Standard is available for waitlist Likely that means that someone who had ticketed on Savers later on went to cancel his ticket.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: KF, Asiana
Datapoint

Waitlisted for J Saver - 6 Jun - Singapore to Zurich, confirmed D-20
Waitlisted for J Saver - 16 Jun - Munich to Singapore, confirmed D-4

Was travelling for a wedding, so the travel dates were kinda fixed. My backup was to confirm for P, which were all available. I just had to pay the USD30 to cancel the P and use the miles for J once it was available.

From what I know, it's really just luck of the draw. I waitlisted many other return flights to Singapore (between 16-18 Jun) before I confirmed my final itinerary, including Zurich, Milan, Rome, and even London and Paris. All but Rome and London were available for confirmation at some point (between D-18 to D- 5).

I have no status. Hope that helps.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:00 pm

Thanks all for your inputs.

Following up on the above scenario (J saver waitlist, J standard not available)

But now provided seat map (what's taken, what's left). No idea on # seats that are revenue vs award.

Any remote chance the J saver will clear? It's a Sunday flight in August, ex-CPT. As you can see, I am getting a little desperate - enough to even consider standard award.

p/s: sorry, dont know how to attach images that show up automatically without clicking, so PDF attachment it is.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Document11.pdf (55.5 KB, 44 views)
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:21 pm

Thanks all for your inputs.

Following up on the above scenario (J saver waitlist, J standard not available)

But now provided seat map (what's taken, what's left). No idea on # seats that are revenue vs award.

Any remote chance the J saver will clear? It's a Sunday flight in August, ex-CPT. As you can see, I am getting a little desperate - enough to even consider standard award.

p/s: sorry, dont know how to attach images that show up automatically without clicking, so PDF attachment it is.
sq is perfectly willing to let those seats go out empty

They protect the premium cabins (no free opups for anyone, from economy to business, even elite ff, unless it's due economy overselling )

It might have some relationship to staffing levels/food preload. Only the SQ KF redemption department knows if they'll release another seat
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by paperwastage
sq is perfectly willing to let those seats go out empty

They protect the premium cabins (no free opups for anyone, from economy to business, even elite ff, unless it's due economy overselling )

It might have some relationship to staffing levels/food preload. Only the SQ KF redemption department knows if they'll release another seat
Yeah, I gonna walk into a SQ office in 2 weeks time to see if I can find out more. Any tips from those who have been successful in overturning the tide to their favor in person? What did you say / do?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:49 pm

For those who have flown the JFK-FRA route:
1. is there any way to check your bags thru from your original point of departure (TUL) so you don't have to collect and re-check at JFK?
2. Does SQ do Pre-check? Or is there another expedited security gate for Suites class in JFK?
3. Is there an arrival lounge in FRA? We will be taking another flight to BCN, but most likely on LH and in economy. Alternatively, is there a Priority Pass lounge we can access and does it have showers?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:41 pm

As luck would have it, my work calendar cleared up suddenly and I now have the ability to spend the long weekend from today anywhere I want. I'm thinking of waitlisting for various SQ flights departing later today... but am not hopeful that any of them will clear. Has anyone waitlisted for same day departures and they "miraculously" clear?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:42 am

Yes. Depends on the city, though. You need to be PPS to make it happen. Preferably highest tier. Did HKG for 1 back in 2015 and cleared via direct contact with coordinator, not the "chaser" nonsense. Will still be tough regardless. You're pushing it as it's almost 3pm now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.