Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Dropping should be fine in that case. Just requires a reissue and in this casle you should request a change fee waiver. They can't say more than no.
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:05 am

Cleared F 2x SQ 11 (LAX - NRT Confirmed, NRT - SIN WL) 3 days prior to departure
brodielayne likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
It remains to be seen whether SQ will release more inventory within the 2 weeks before departure for outright redemption, after they have cleared all waitlists. My pessimistic suspicion is they won't do so automatically so people can go hunt.
SQ FAQ mention that all waitlist departing 14/8 onwards will be cancelled if can’t confirm within 2 weeks of departure. So we should take it that the waitlist will be cancelled starting from today.

Checking through some destinations and some saver seats are available for immediate confirm for 14/aug.

now still can do waitlist for flight between 1-13 August.
for 14/aug, mostly see only advantage waitlist. (Saver waitlist seem to be blank out for 14/8)

edit: for SQ231 to Sydney 14/8, 2 saver business available for immediate confirm. But if you choose 3-6 paxes, you are able to waitlist. But not sure whether it will clear (or when it will be cancelled). So apparently still can do waitlist for saver on 14/8.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:03 pm

Waitlist closed?

I'm looking to see if an additional seat might open up in Business Class (I) on IAH-MAN in a couple of weeks (currently confirmed into Premium Economy), with my wife and 2.5 yo son confirmed in Business Class on the same flight. Worst case we'll end up flying on the same flight, just not sitting together. When I called to reserve, searching for 3 passengers was showing Waitlist available, but searching for 2 showed seats available in Saver, so went ahead and grabbed the 2. But upon confirming those, the agent said there are no more seats available, even to waitlist. And now, the agents say the waitlist is "closed". Can't even find more seats for my family in premium economy (that's closed too).

What does that essentially mean? I've been able to book into first class in Feb/Mar 2-3 days before departure, where I had a confirmed booking in Suites Advantage (so moved to Suites Saver) and from Business to First on one other segment - it was waitlisted in the saver segment though from what I remember in both cases where I was able to confirm.

Is it mostly a lost cause at this point? As in, things could change if there are cancellations, but is there any other way I could move up to Business on that flight?

edit: (seems identical to the post above by sbs2716g)

Last edited by nash_d; Aug 2, 2019 at 6:21 pm
Old Aug 3, 2019, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by lesocw
no way you can add another segment to a already ticketed booking, stopover or layover or not, the stupid married segments nonsense prevails. all segments has to be ticketed at the time of booking

next time in future when you encounter 2. and 3. take a screenshot of the screen that shows the availability and not waitlist, screenshot all the way to the payment page for 2. and 3., call up the singapore call centre send in all the screenshots to them to book as a dps-sin-100 usd dollar stopover (if saver) (if advantage free stopover)-jfk . if you are booking as a LAYOVER, then yes there is a certain quota sq allows for dps-sin-jfk

trust me there are huge differences in what the indian call centre can see, and what the singapore call centre can see, and what we local singapore people can see from home on the lame website
Just closing the loop, and offering thanks to all that weighed in. On about my 18th HUCA, finally got a SIN-based agent that got everything fixed.

1) DPSSIN/SINJFK Saver Suite award - changed date of DPSSIN to allow for a stopover, charged the fee, no problem. This was minutes after being denied by 3 of her colleagues (HUCA festival while sitting by the pool last night, enjoying the sunset).
2) SINJFK Advantage Business - added a DPSSIN that I was about to ticket through United, as myriad SQ agents told me the quota was full and we'd have to waitlist. No stopover charge due Advantage award.

So we're all set. Wish I had gotten the agent's name as I'd like to give her a shout out to senior management. I was just in such awe of finally succeeding, that it didn't occur to me. Though I did tell her she was the absolute best agent I had ever dealt with (wholly true).

Wish us luck in Bali, safe travels to all - Jamie
gpeso8 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:39 am
44C

Programs: AA EXP (OW EME), Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sbs2716g

SQ FAQ mention that all waitlist departing 14/8 onwards will be cancelled if can’t confirm within 2 weeks of departure. So we should take it that the waitlist will be cancelled starting from today.

Checking through some destinations and some saver seats are available for immediate confirm for 14/aug.

for 14/aug, mostly see only advantage waitlist. (Saver waitlist seem to be blank out for 14/8)

edit: for SQ231 to Sydney 14/8, 2 saver business available for immediate confirm. But if you choose 3-6 paxes, you are able to waitlist. But not sure whether it will clear (or when it will be cancelled). So apparently still can do waitlist for saver on 14/8.
I wonder if the roll-out has been delayed? Today's the 5th and when looking at JFK-SIN for 8/15 and 8/16 I can still see wait-list bookable at Advantage level for Suites. I assume if they dropped wait-listed bookings within 14 days then logically you shouldn't be able to wait-list again? I did not have enough miles to select the award, and go to the next page, so maybe there could be a stop later in the process?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by 44C
I wonder if the roll-out has been delayed? Today's the 5th and when looking at JFK-SIN for 8/15 and 8/16 I can still see wait-list bookable at Advantage level for Suites. I assume if they dropped wait-listed bookings within 14 days then logically you shouldn't be able to wait-list again? I did not have enough miles to select the award, and go to the next page, so maybe there could be a stop later in the process?
like what I said, waitlist is still available for flights within 14 days (mostly advantage waitlist, I check through many destinations, can’t seem to find saver waitlist for 15/8 to 19/8). There are flights with saver seats for immediate confirmation. Some flights have 1 saver available n if you need 2 seats, you can also do waitlist for 2. But if you book one saver n then want to waitlist another , most likely you can’t do so.

edit: checking for more destinations. Seem like SQ is not releasing saver waitlist for all fights within 14 days of departures (from 15/8 onwards flight). If saver seats is available, you can book immediate. Else SQ is asking you to waitlist advantage for those flights within 14 days (guess they are thinking that there are paxes who are desperate n willing to use to more miles).

Last edited by sbs2716g; Aug 5, 2019 at 8:30 am
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:22 am
44C

UPDATE:
My waitlist JFK-SIN 8/19 was cancelled 8 PM yesterday, 8/5/19.
Waitlist still shows as an option when trying to book but after you select the waitlist, and go to the passenger detail page, it gives you an error message, when submitting the passenger info.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by 44C
UPDATE:
My waitlist JFK-SIN 8/19 was cancelled 8 PM yesterday, 8/5/19.
Waitlist still shows as an option when trying to book but after you select the waitlist, and go to the passenger detail page, it gives you an error message, when submitting the passenger info.
your waitlist is for business or suite?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:44 am
44C

your waitlist is for business or suite?
Suites.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by 44C
UPDATE:
That's not very helpful. Another example of poor appreciation of the customer journey via bad IT.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:31 pm

edit: checking for more destinations. Seem like SQ is not releasing saver waitlist for all fights within 14 days of departures (from 15/8 onwards flight). If saver seats is available, you can book immediate. Else SQ is asking you to waitlist advantage for those flights within 14 days (guess they are thinking that there are paxes who are desperate n willing to use to more miles).
agreed, used to be able to waitlist all the new saver suites to sydney within 1-2 week of departure now its seems all impossible
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Just closing the loop, and offering thanks to all that weighed in. On about my 18th HUCA, finally got a SIN-based agent that got everything fixed.

1) DPSSIN/SINJFK Saver Suite award - changed date of DPSSIN to allow for a stopover, charged the fee, no problem. This was minutes after being denied by 3 of her colleagues (HUCA festival while sitting by the pool last night, enjoying the sunset).
2) SINJFK Advantage Business - added a DPSSIN that I was about to ticket through United, as myriad SQ agents told me the quota was full and we'd have to waitlist. No stopover charge due Advantage award.

So we're all set. Wish I had gotten the agent's name as I'd like to give her a shout out to senior management. I was just in such awe of finally succeeding, that it didn't occur to me. Though I did tell her she was the absolute best agent I had ever dealt with (wholly true).

Wish us luck in Bali, safe travels to all - Jamie
youre welcome and enjoy your trip and the suites. glad you pulled through the significant difference between a stopover and layover on sq terms, cheers
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Plat, Hilton Diamond
Couple of data points. Had about 5 suites saver awards waitlisted starting on the 24th of this month from JFK to SIN. All were cancelled 2 weeks out except the 28th which ironically had the fewest number of seats at 4. Other dates were showing 7-9 seats available and were cancelled. No saver waitlist has shown up for any of the dates though several are immediately confirmable at Advantage.

I had a few for before the cutover on the 15th. Those did not cancel ahead of time and some still had Saver WL options inside of 2 weeks to departure.

After the 15th, all Saver WL has disappeared for everything I've searched. So I have the same experience as others. I did see a few immediately confirmable Saver bookings for SIN to PVG.

I did call and spoke with a very nice agent that said all she could say was each flight was case by case. Sounds like the phone agents are as confused about what's going on with inventory management as the rest of us.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by th14
Couple of data points. Had about 5 suites saver awards waitlisted starting on the 24th of this month from JFK to SIN. All were cancelled 2 weeks out except the 28th which ironically had the fewest number of seats at 4. Other dates were showing 7-9 seats available and were cancelled. No saver waitlist has shown up for any of the dates though several are immediately confirmable at Advantage.

I had a few for before the cutover on the 15th. Those did not cancel ahead of time and some still had Saver WL options inside of 2 weeks to departure.

After the 15th, all Saver WL has disappeared for everything I've searched. So I have the same experience as others. I did see a few immediately confirmable Saver bookings for SIN to PVG.

I did call and spoke with a very nice agent that said all she could say was each flight was case by case. Sounds like the phone agents are as confused about what's going on with inventory management as the rest of us.
I decided I couldn't deal with the stress of a WL for Suites on JFKFRASIN. Nor could I enjoy myself on the flight in J, knowing what I was missing out on (and don't get me started about the Swiss lounge @ JFK).

Solution? Booked EWRSIN instead. Won't be a second class citizen, and no stress related to the ongoing waitlist drama. Just have to get SQ to release a bassinet seat so I have somewhere for my feet.

Safe travels to all - Jamie
terbangalways likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.