Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I have confirmed Suites flight on the following:
3 Jan SQ863 HKG-SIN
4 Jan SQ231 SIN-SYD

I am currently waitlisting on F 7 Jan SQ241 SIN-SYD ..... Want to stopover at SIN and have side trip for a few days.

My backup booking is SQ265 SIN-BNE, then BNE-SYD on J with SQ and VA using VA points.

Given it is new year holiday period what is the chance of F waitlist being cleared? I would rather fly F than J but .....
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pokfur
Oops

DPS is a popular route despite being a leisure route. In fact because it's a leisure route, there are more people using miles than cash for it I would say, so even lower likelihood of waitlists clearing. I've had to pony up standard miles for this sector before.
Thanks for the reply. ^
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Just as a data point.... booked LHR - SIN - ADL for two in business for next week back in November last year (more or less as soon as they became available). Waitlisted Saturday and Sunday, booked Monday.

Saturday waitlist cleared in late March (I'd already made plans and decided not to take it up) and today I've had confirmation that the SIN - ADL leg of what would be the Sunday from LHR flight has cleared. Which is no use at all as the LHR - SIN leg has not cleared!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Just as a data point.... booked LHR - SIN - ADL for two in business for next week back in November last year (more or less as soon as they became available). Waitlisted Saturday and Sunday, booked Monday.

Saturday waitlist cleared in late March (I'd already made plans and decided not to take it up) and today I've had confirmation that the SIN - ADL leg of what would be the Sunday from LHR flight has cleared. Which is no use at all as the LHR - SIN leg has not cleared!
And now the LHR - SIN leg has cleared. Tempting. The previous flight was booked under the old points regime. Can I just swap the flights or will I have to cough up the extra miles to change dates?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:52 pm

Is the routing the same?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Phaze
Is the routing the same?
Yes. Same flights just 24 hours earlier.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:28 am

No additional miles will be required then.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:48 am

I have a few days free next week and didn't care where I went.

Waitlisted at dawn today for departure two days later
SQ346 SIN-ZRH (F)
SQ2 SIN-HKG-SFO (F)
SQ826 SIN-PVG (J)
all got confirmed by this afternoon.

Decisions, decisions.
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Phaze
No additional miles will be required then.
Thanks for confirming that. Decided to stick with the already-confirmed flight as it was too difficult to change other existing arrangements.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:07 am

Data Point:

>My Dec. 5th SQ25 JFK-FRA (F) ticket waitlist cleared this past Tuesday.
--Waitlisted for the discounted points price back in Dec. 2016 but they would not honor the discounted price now. No biggy.
--Needed three days to move additional points over from AMEX, called Singapore and they took the deadline off the ticket and held it indefinitely for me.

This will be my first, F class experience! Excited! ... and probably ruined for the rest of my life haha.
duomono likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pokfur
Oops

DPS is a popular route despite being a leisure route. In fact because it's a leisure route, there are more people using miles than cash for it I would say, so even lower likelihood of waitlists clearing. I've had to pony up standard miles for this sector before.
I have similar issue where I just wanted to book SIN-DPS return. Y Saver is a bargain at 7500 miles, but for SIN-DPS I could only book J Saver (17.5K) for the morning flights, and for DPS-SIN, there is only Y Standard available on the time I wanted (night flight) and I booked it (15K).

I have waitlisted Y Savers on both directions, and J Saver on DPS-SIN but chances of getting Saver is slim. I am looking at early January 2018 which doesn't help as a lot of people on holidays (esp Aussies and Kiwis).

I think the fact that SIN-DPS Y/J Saver is only 7.5K/17.5K means a lot people who don't collect a lot of points would just use it on this route, hence the low chance of waitlist cleared.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
anyone has experience on PVG-SIN route? just waitlisted both sq831/sq833 just under a week before the flight.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: QF Plat (One world Emerald) QF Lifetime Gold (One world Sapphire), VA Gold (&there4 SQ partner Gold)
Hi All - Qantas Plat/Life Gold here recently branching out into the SQ world.

I have a commercial ticket - MEL-SIN-AMS then return next month.

Mel to AMS is in Premium (T) and Return in Business (D).

I waitlisted for a KF miles (standard) upgrade MEL-SIN-AMS.

MEL-SIN came through with an SMS fairly quickly.

SIN-AMS remains "waitlisted".

Does anyone know the priority of these waitlists clearing?

How are KF miles upgrades processed compared to actual redemption/award waitlists?

I can see that there would be 4 categories of awards:

Standard Redemption J Award
Saver Redemption J Award
Standard Upgrade award from Premium to J
Saver Upgrade award from Premium to J

I can see from the waitlist that a premium economy to business KF miles upgrade goes
into D class.

However, the call centre staff do not seem to know or understand how the upgrade system works - they seem to be more familiar with being pestered about when will my redemption award waitlist clear but rather less knowledgeable about upgrades.

Any thoughts, comments etc are welcome.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by natcin
anyone has experience on PVG-SIN route? just waitlisted both sq831/sq833 just under a week before the flight.
quick update, waitlisted for both flights in the evening, cleared the following day in the afternoon. both flights were showing 'Only 3 seats available' when doing a dummy revenue booking at the time of waitlisting.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: QF Plat (One world Emerald) QF Lifetime Gold (One world Sapphire), VA Gold (&there4 SQ partner Gold)
Originally Posted by Tomaus
Hi All - Qantas Plat/Life Gold here recently branching out into the SQ world.

I have a commercial ticket - MEL-SIN-AMS then return next month.

Mel to AMS is in Premium (T) and Return in Business (D).

I waitlisted for a KF miles (standard) upgrade MEL-SIN-AMS.

MEL-SIN came through with an SMS fairly quickly.

SIN-AMS remains "waitlisted".

Does anyone know the priority of these waitlists clearing?

How are KF miles upgrades processed compared to actual redemption/award waitlists?

I can see that there would be 4 categories of awards:

Standard Redemption J Award
Saver Redemption J Award
Standard Upgrade award from Premium to J
Saver Upgrade award from Premium to J

I can see from the waitlist that a premium economy to business KF miles upgrade goes
into D class.

However, the call centre staff do not seem to know or understand how the upgrade system works - they seem to be more familiar with being pestered about when will my redemption award waitlist clear but rather less knowledgeable about upgrades.

Any thoughts, comments etc are welcome.
Quick update:

Email to KF contact centre in SG on Saturday.

Reponse from them Sunday saying they have sent a follow up (meaning Chaser)

SMS Today (Monday) advising upgrade is available for confirmation.

Note unlike other airlines you have to ring and confirm that you want the available upgrade.

Issue to note if you are travelling 2 segments and one has been previously upgraded, you have to ask them to recalculate the KF Miles to reflect the through amount and not the higher combination of 2 segments.

They may have to refer this to a supervisor but you should prompt them.

I'm also assuming that as nobody responded to by original post that upgrading with KF miles is not a big thing for SQ flyers - I suspect the main gain is the reward flight as a whole rather than an upgrade. This is quite a contrast to Qantas frequent flyers who seem to be perpetually chasing upgrades as Qantas release very little business and first class award inventory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.