Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by brodielayne
I placed a waitlist this evening, and three minutes later I received an email that it had cleared. I can handle that.......
jealous
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Data point - 5 flights waitlisted a month back for SIN-LHR. The flights on the 77W were F2 and A380 were F5 but still none cleared despite numerous chasers. Rest of flight was zero so they must have upgraded rest of pax.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:31 am

Not sure how did SQ manage the waitlist.
sometimes clear it quite fast, sometimes only clear at last minute.

Last edited by jjjohn; Apr 14, 2018 at 3:29 pm
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:08 am

20 open J class 1 month out

Trying to book J class HKT-LAX. Need two seats and from what I see, there are about 20 J seats still open on the long legs (HKT-SIN has multiple saver availability). They have Saver waitlist option and Advantage available (for two). Any idea my odds of waitlist clearing for two? Don’t want to split PNR as I’m traveling with my wife on anniversary trip. Also don’t want to transfer the additional 110k miles from UR if the odds are bad (though I’m willing to take a chance).
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Stephen25
Trying to book J class HKT-LAX. Need two seats and from what I see, there are about 20 J seats still open on the long legs (HKT-SIN has multiple saver availability). They have Saver waitlist option and Advantage available (for two). Any idea my odds of waitlist clearing for two? Don’t want to split PNR as I’m traveling with my wife on anniversary trip. Also don’t want to transfer the additional 110k miles from UR if the odds are bad (though I’m willing to take a chance).
I will go ahead and respond to myself here and add a datapoint.

I called in and spoke with a REALLY good rep based in SIN. Even though I only had 60,000 of the 176,000 points needed to book my flight (for 2), he confirmed that he is able to waitlist me on ONE flight, even without having enough miles in my account (I have seen many say this is not possible...the only catch is that it has to be on SG or SilkAir metal to waitlist without enough points).

He waitlisted me on the spot and I immediately received the waitlist confirmation. Within 2 minutes and while still on the phone, my flights were confirmed!! Now transferring remaining balance from UR to KF to complete booking.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:34 pm

Has anyone ever waitlisted SIN-HND SQ636/634 connecting onto NRT-LAX SQ12 in F? Multiple searches show the option to waitlist on the website but multiple calls into KF have yielded that the segments are closed to waitlist or they cannot waitlist due to being different airports...
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Hi All,

I waitlisted SYD-SIN on 26th Dec for 3 pax J Saver and it cleared 1 minute after I waitlisted.

Is it because not many people wants to fly on 26th Dec? I wanted to waitlist 24,25 dec but waitlist was closed.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by brodielayne
I placed a waitlist this evening, and three minutes later I received an email that it had cleared. I can handle that.......
Flight for when? I placed like a dozen flights on waitlist and none of them have cleared.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
Flight for when? I placed like a dozen flights on waitlist and none of them have cleared.
The flight is the end of September, from SIN-REP on Silkair.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by reverted
Has anyone ever waitlisted SIN-HND SQ636/634 connecting onto NRT-LAX SQ12 in F? Multiple searches show the option to waitlist on the website but multiple calls into KF have yielded that the segments are closed to waitlist or they cannot waitlist due to being different airports...
SQ634/636 connect to SQ12 was offered online, you can waitlist or book it online if seat is available.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Data Point: Waitlisted SIN-JNB-CPT in J x3 for Mid November on April 18, all thee cleared on April 20th. ^
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
Have been on WL since late Jan for 3 upgrade seats from H to J on SilkAir SIN/REP in mid Dec. Plenty of redemption seats available and on expertflyer no-one in the cabin. Annoying that upgrade from commercial ticket to J not available but straight out redemption available...
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by CorporateFlyer
Have been on WL since late Jan for 3 upgrade seats from H to J on SilkAir SIN/REP in mid Dec. Plenty of redemption seats available and on expertflyer no-one in the cabin. Annoying that upgrade from commercial ticket to J not available but straight out redemption available...
they have diff inventories
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:43 pm

WL for 355 days

Couple of days ago, I tried to book a business class ticket for SIN-FRA-JFK on 4/9/2019. It is a Tuesday, and the max 355 days ahead.
The only thing I got is to be put on the WL, which I chose to.
How likely it will be cleared? Is there any special point to expect, e.g., 11 mo or 10 mo ahead?
How frequent I should call SQ to push a "chaser"?
Should I book a (premium) economy class ticket as a back up? What is the best way to do it with minimum fee?
As a newbie, thanks a lot in advance for the inputs from you experts.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by CorporateFlyer
Different inventory as well as high season vs low season. Instead of being annoyed you can turn that frown around and be happy that mine cleared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.