Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GwailoSIN
Why did you waitlist via phone instead of via the website? Any advantage in doing this? While the website is not great for searching, for booking/ waitlisting I find it's very fast and would certainly prefer this to a phone call.
I didn't have the miles in my account at that time and the website won't allow that. On the phone they can place your reservation on waitlist and if it clears you can transfer the miles.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I didn't have the miles in my account at that time and the website won't allow that. On the phone they can place your reservation on waitlist and if it clears you can transfer the miles.
Woah really? Has this always been a thing? Which call center did you call into?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
Woah really? Has this always been a thing? Which call center did you call into?
Yep...I recently did this as well...called the office in LA (213 number) but it was routed to Singapore.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Yep...I recently did this as well...called the office in LA (213 number) but it was routed to Singapore.
Do you need to mention anything about it or just ask to book a flight? It would be awesome if I didn't have to lock down 500k in points before a confirmation of a trip next year.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:57 pm

So I'm looking for two F seats on SFO to SIN and back. 1 passenger I basically see saver availability any day I choose in April/May 2019. When I change to two, it becomes waitlisted. Has anyone had luck getting an immediate confirmation for a 2 passengers in F?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:00 pm

So I'm looking for two F seats on SFO to SIN and back. 1 passenger I basically see saver availability any day I choose in April/May 2019. When I change to two, it becomes waitlisted. Has anyone had luck getting an immediate confirmation for a 2 passengers in F?
I have, though it was LAX-SIN and both are for travel this year. If it was me I would book the one available and waitlist the other. Email Krisflyer and ask them if they can ticket the waitlisted seat.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:54 am

Waitlisted for SIN-PVG-SIN savers on Suites mid May.. 2 days back they confirmed my PVG-SIN sector. Any idea if they'll entertain calls to confirm the ex-SIN sector as well? Or should i just continue waiting? Anyway i'm traveling in Sep. Lotsa time still...
I've no status though. =(
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by brodielayne
I have, though it was LAX-SIN and both are for travel this year. If it was me I would book the one available and waitlist the other. Email Krisflyer and ask them if they can ticket the waitlisted seat.
Yeah I'll probably do that. Worst case scenario I can just cancel for a small fee.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:27 am

Do you need to mention anything about it or just ask to book a flight? It would be awesome if I didn't have to lock down 500k in points before a confirmation of a trip next year.
I asked to be placed on the waitlist. Note, I had a confirmed flight already and asked to be placed on the waitlist for the same flight.
GwailoSIN likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Wait-listed SUB-SIN-ZRH in J for end of August about two weeks ago and it just cleared last night.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:31 pm

Waitlisted Saver SIN-DPS on Silkair in J (the 7am flight) on Weds night for Friday AM (public holiday) Was extremely surprised to immediately clear as the flight was Z3 Y0. Saved me a nasty 5am flight on Jetstar as everything else was $600+ !
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Excellent service!

Was on confirmed paid PE (Fare class S) FRA-SIN. Absolutely no space to upgrade w miles to I, not even to waitlist. Then I saw I could waitlist DUS-SIN in I instead. Cleared within minutes. Called KF SG to reroute my paid PE ticket from FRA-SIN to DUS-SIN. Only to find PE was sold out on that date for this route! However, the KF agent knew exactly what I wanted to do all along and made some magic happen in the background so that I could upgrade anyway, although no underlying cash seat DUS-SIN was available for sale on that date. Now I’m flying DUS-SIN in I instead of FRA-SIN in PE (S). Am a very happy camper, thank you SQ!^
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:22 pm

So I'm planning a trip for next year to Singapore and Hong Kong from SFO and originally wanted first class on the 777 for me and my girlfriend. I've flown on it before and the experience was great. This route would cost me 472,000 points for two people.

Then I started looking at some of their business options. This route, I can take their A350 SFO - SIN direct flight, experience the new Singapore A380 business to Hong Kong, and either the repeat new business and 777 business on the way home or another A350 direct flight. This would cost me 352,000 points.

I've never flown Singapore Business at all. Looking at their food options, it seems pretty similar to F with mainly cheaper alcohol. Is F worth the 120,000 difference in points? I have a good amount of points available but in the end its still finite.

Also side perk to business is that I can confirm booking instantly while first I might have to waitlist for 2 people.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:11 am

So I'm planning a trip for next year to Singapore and Hong Kong from SFO and originally wanted first class on the 777 for me and my girlfriend. I've flown on it before and the experience was great. This route would cost me 472,000 points for two people.

Then I started looking at some of their business options. This route, I can take their A350 SFO - SIN direct flight, experience the new Singapore A380 business to Hong Kong, and either the repeat new business and 777 business on the way home or another A350 direct flight. This would cost me 352,000 points.

I've never flown Singapore Business at all. Looking at their food options, it seems pretty similar to F with mainly cheaper alcohol. Is F worth the 120,000 difference in points? I have a good amount of points available but in the end its still finite.

Also side perk to business is that I can confirm booking instantly while first I might have to waitlist for 2 people.
I would confirm the business class seats and then waitlist for first class. If first class clears, then you can decide if the add'l points is worth it.

Also, on the business class route, how did you arrive at 352k for SFO-SIN direct, then to HKG, and then back to SIN for a direct A350?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
I would confirm the business class seats and then waitlist for first class. If first class clears, then you can decide if the add'l points is worth it.

Also, on the business class route, how did you arrive at 352k for SFO-SIN direct, then to HKG, and then back to SIN for a direct A350?
I guess the OP planned have a stopover in HKG on the way back.
SFO - SIN - HKG - SFO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.