Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:55 pm

What is a chaser? How does it work? Why does it work?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by jakemalloy
What is a chaser? How does it work? Why does it work?
What: It's a little message that says "hey this passenger would like you to release him from the waitlist".

How: The customer-facing agent (over the phone or at one of SQ's customer service centres) sends it to a back office that manages award inventory.

Why: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have had same-day success on a busy route. I have had no success when the cabin went out 2/3rds empty. Nobody except SQ knows why.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by cowie
Nobody except SQ knows why.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:29 pm

Thanks for the information. If you fail to get off the waitlist can you drop to Prem. Economy using miles? If so, how many for US to Japan?

One more question - any feedback on trying to book seats on partner airlines via SQ?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Thanks for the information. If you fail to get off the waitlist can you drop to Prem. Economy using miles? If so, how many for US to Japan?
Although you need the required miles in your account to get on the waitlist, SQ doesn't actually deduct them. So you can always do a waitlist, then a premium economy redemption, then if the waitlist clears you cancel the PE one and go biz/first instead.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 9:25 pm

Hey There

Does anyone know if there are limits to how many flights/waitlists you can apply for?

I'm on waitlist for 3 consecutive days and even with further flights being available for waitlist a I keep getting error messages when I try to book them.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:04 pm

One more question - any feedback on trying to book seats on partner airlines via SQ?
Here's the mileage chart for one-way saver tickets. https://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/pps...wardCharts.pdf

If you're booking on partner airlines, I believe it's a *A award, but I have no experience in that.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by daron4000
Interesting thread - I'm PPS and never cleared a Suites waitlist in July for SQ25 JFK-FRA, despite sending a chaser a week before the flight. The flight load looked pretty light (was still F8 up until departure) but I didn't press with more chasers since I had a backup LH F award that enabled a better connection to BCN (even though I prefer Suites). Sounds like I should have been more persistent, especially since I probably won't requalify for PPS this year and won't be able to use my status next time I need to clear a waitlist.
You should have spoken to your PPS coordinator. You can bypass all the chaser nonsense if you're PPS. Granted, on that particular flight there may still have been no guarantee that it cleared but your best chance was speaking to your coordinator. Then again if you had a backup then fair enough. Just some advice for future instances.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Phaze
You should have spoken to your PPS coordinator. You can bypass all the chaser nonsense if you're PPS. Granted, on that particular flight there may still have been no guarantee that it cleared but your best chance was speaking to your coordinator. Then again if you had a backup then fair enough. Just some advice for future instances.
Are PPS coordinators still a thing? I thought they were done away with a few years ago.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
How does one send a chaser via email? Appreciate the direction!
I just filled out this form explaining our situation (that we wanted to go, had a confirmed C booking, and were hoping to have our waitlist confirmed). Who knows if it made a difference, but I never actually called.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/feedback-enquiry/

Last edited by tullera; Sep 16, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:53 am

They're a thing. Might depend on your country though. The US do have them.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Phaze
They're a thing. Might depend on your country though. The US do have them.
Ah lucky you. I don't think they have such unicorns here in Singapore. Unless SQ hid them from me.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 4:11 pm

Looking to do a 1 way business saver to Tokyo, but happy to book a flight with a different destination (SIN, etc.) and get off at the connection. Any thoughts on the best routes for such a trip?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 6:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Did SQ completely stop non-waitlist saver suite awards? A few months back I saw some availability, but looking at a couple routes last few days on multiple days in various months next year and nada. Looking to do 12 hour+ one way fight anywhere out of U.S to any variety of destinations with 2 people (we'll reroute as appropriate to get some time in suites, trip plan includes SYD , MLE, and Madagascar.) Wont actually be going until Oct 2017.
Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:25 am

Looking to do a 1 way business saver to Tokyo, but happy to book a flight with a different destination (SIN, etc.) and get off at the connection. Any thoughts on the best routes for such a trip?
From where?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.