Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
If you are talking about booking in J after waitlisting in F then cancelling J and rebooking into F if the waitlist clears then yes you can do that. There will likely be some fees associated with that change. If you are talking about booking something like JFK-FRA-SIN and then trying to cancel the FRA-SIN leg or something then that will likely be a non-starter and would require a full redeposit of miles and rebooking etc.
Similar. I wanted to book SFO-SIN and SIN-HKG-SFO in J. I want to waitlist for SIN-HKG-SFO in F. If waitlist clears, can I just cancel the SIN-HKG-SFO or do I have to cancel the whole booking? Otherwise I'd have to make two separate bookings right?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:35 pm

Waitlisted saver for two seats in first for LAX-NRT on Saturday April 6, 2019 on the first day I could do it a couple months ago.

Today I got a notice that the time changed as the flight that used to depart at 10AM will depart at 330PM starting 1/1/2019. So I log on and it still lists me as waitlist. Fine...it's 9 months away. Curious I do a search for award tickets and there's two saver available for my flight. So I book them and I'm now confirmed. My separate original reservation never switched out of waitlist and I never received notice to make payment on it.

1 of the 4 seats was taken when I booked. Maybe a revenue sale opened up the saver availability, but so strange that the waitlist meant nothing and I just got lucky by looking.

Regardless, I'm happy.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dancefreak
Waitlisted saver for two seats in first for LAX-NRT on Saturday April 6, 2019 on the first day I could do it a couple months ago.

Today I got a notice that the time changed as the flight that used to depart at 10AM will depart at 330PM starting 1/1/2019. So I log on and it still lists me as waitlist. Fine...it's 9 months away. Curious I do a search for award tickets and there's two saver available for my flight. So I book them and I'm now confirmed. My separate original reservation never switched out of waitlist and I never received notice to make payment on it.

1 of the 4 seats was taken when I booked. Maybe a revenue sale opened up the saver availability, but so strange that the waitlist meant nothing and I just got lucky by looking.

Regardless, I'm happy.
Not uncommon had that happen to me before. Its total BS is you waitlist and miss it though.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
Not uncommon had that happen to me before. Its total BS is you waitlist and miss it though.
Yes, I would have been absolutely livid but I don't think there's any chance I would have ever known that two saver seats opened if someone else grabbed them.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:16 pm

Had a late Oct. SQ22 (SIN-EWR) business class waitlisted at saver level a while ago. EF shows Z9 C9 J9 U9 D8 and very empty cabin seat. Today (July 26) an email came saying business class ready for booking!

I don't know if this is a pure coincidence or bears some causality, but I did make a call to SQ and inquire the status of my waitlist. No chaser was requested or mentioned. The agent informed me no saver seat available. Yet 24 hours later the award space opens up.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:30 pm

Oh well, regarding my post above, it turns out that SQ just released tons of business class award seats. Whether or not it has anything to do with my call, let that remain a mystery.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:46 pm

Hi folks,
Is it possible to get a J to F upgrade using Star Alliance partner points? I'm trying at Star Alliance website but it keeps on showing no availability even thought the cabin is empty.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:18 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
I have an AMS-SIN-SYD C waitlist that just cleared, departing in 26 hours.

I have a current Y+ reservation for the same departure.

I dont have enough points in my KF account except the difference between Y+ and C.

Whats the best way to proceed with this?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:27 am

Another DP regarding SIN-EWR. My second waitlist got cleared this morning. The departure date is Oct 29 and EF shows Z9 C9 J9 U9 D5.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
DP: Waitlist for saver J redemption KUL-SIN-PER on 17 AUG cleared yesterday. SIN-PER is zeroed out in all J class fares according to EF.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by rortoni
Hi folks,
Is it possible to get a J to F upgrade using Star Alliance partner points? I'm trying at Star Alliance website but it keeps on showing no availability even thought the cabin is empty.
Really depends on exactly which FFP points you are looking to use, the rules of that FFP, and your booking class in business cabin on SQ.
For example, ANA has these rules (link). From those rules, it is clear that, despite Singapore Airlines [SQ] being on the eligibility list, Awards cannot be used for upgrades to Suites on Singapore Airlines [SQ] operated flights.
So, it really depends on exactly which FFP points you are looking to use, the rules of that FFP. You should ask your question in that FFPs forum, not this SQ KF forum.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:30 am

KF desk can see how many (but not the elite status of) passengers on the waitlist. On my bookings (2 PAX waitlisted SAVER on ZRH-SIN new F on 3 separate days), CSR considered the waitlisted pax qty on each PNR to determine which had highest chance of clearing-- and issued chasers on those bookings. She did not consider unsold revenue capacity in advising on which to send chasers on..
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: QF,OZ,AC,VB,BA,SQ, EY, QR
Infrequent KF user here.

Booked my first waitlisted J seat today.

BCN-SIN 03SEP

When I look at EF it shows lots of 'Available' seats.

But as this is only about 3 weeks out, is there any guesstimate, or reasoning as to when or if this would become a confirmed seat? Or is it a complete lottery! (Just thinking if a Plan B - they do have PE available)
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just a data point. Had some SIN-DPS and DPS- SIN savers in Biz waitlisted for 2 pax around Singapore National day week and none cleared.

Not really a surprise, but it was worth a shot. I had secured flights before, but would have liked to travel on a different day / time. Flights we were on were full in Biz (and Eco I assume).
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:33 pm

Waitlisted for this weekend whatever was available because I desperately needed to arrive in London on Sunday.

SQ322 departing Saturday 23:30 in Business just got confirmed. SQ306 departing Sunday 01:10 in Suites still waitlisted.

I would have preferred Suites than Business, but hey it’s peak summer travel period... and last minute beggars can’t be choosers!

What should I do? Wait for SQ306 to confirm? Will they? Can someone help me check the Suites load factor?

Or just bite the bullet, go for SQ322 and “slum” it in Business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.