Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Waitlisted SQ 31 SFO-SIN in business class saver (standard was not available to waitlist) about 72 hours before departure, did not clear at all even with Z9.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by chewy3
Waitlisted SQ 31 SFO-SIN in business class saver (standard was not available to waitlist) about 72 hours before departure, did not clear at all even with Z9.
How long were you waitlisted?

Did you reserve accommodations while on the waitlist?
Old May 31, 2018, 12:25 am

Was looking to clear 2 tix Sq232 SYD-SIN. Avantage award in the new A380 F.
1 seat already taken per EF, only 1 available for immediate booking. As i was changing my ticket earlier in the day, met a nice lad and asked him to send a chaser so that my first choice of dates can get pushed through. 5 hrs later, i received confirmation that WL has cleared.

I think the fact that i was paying full price helped. I have no status but have done multiple suites bookings all w miles but at the saver level.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:30 pm

Possible to purchase paid seat while staying waitlisted?

I am currently waitlisted in PE on SIN-FRA in 4 weeks (the day flight). I am pondering if I should purchase a paid ticket (cancellation fee relatively acceptable) and hope for the waitlist to clear. Worst case I use the paid ticket but would still keep the option open to use miles if it clears.

Is this possible or will SQ auto-cancel my waitlist if I purchase a paid ticket?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Joined JFK-FRA waitlist a week prior to departure for F. Didn’t clear. 6 empty seats in F.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:24 pm

Recent success getting a waitlist cleared at time of booking. MLE-SIN was waitlisted in J saver, and SIN-CDG Suites was available in Saver. Agent noticed the waitlist, asked if she could put me on hold for a minute, and came back and let me know she was able to clear the waitlist and could ticket now. I haven't read all 1520 post on this thread, however this was a new one for me.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Recent success getting a waitlist cleared at time of booking. MLE-SIN was waitlisted in J saver, and SIN-CDG Suites was available in Saver. Agent noticed the waitlist, asked if she could put me on hold for a minute, and came back and let me know she was able to clear the waitlist and could ticket now. I haven't read all 1520 post on this thread, however this was a new one for me.
How many miles was this ticket? As SQ website doesn't allow it due to back tracking.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
How many miles was this ticket? As SQ website doesn't allow it due to back tracking.
You can book it on Singapore Airlines website, however you cannot do split cabin bookings, so you will need to call in if you do not want to do both legs in the same class. It was 127,500 miles per seat if I recall correctly with MLE-SIN in J and SIN-CDG in Suites. If you do both legs in J it is 92,500 miles per seat and bookable online.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
still waiting for Dec SIN/REP for upgrade to I from Y award - able to redeem I class if I wanted to (but cant as Y sector ticketed and part of longer journey) and no one in J cabin
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:22 pm

SIN-DUS in J cleared a few days ago for June 30 (for one person). It cleared 6 days after I had waitlisted the flight.

I have already made other arrangements that work even better for me so won't ticket it.
Ticketing deadline is today. If you are interested in this sector, watch out if seat will become available again.

I was actually very surprised that I couldn't redeem SIN-DUS outright as I had heard that utilization is very low. Not sure I fully understand this game that SQ is playing: what really changed in six days that made them suddenly release that seat?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They had DUS on spontaneous escapes promotion twice in the last few months going for 59.5k mls in J each way IIRC. That apparently got award bookings snapped up over the next months so could be related.
GwailoSIN likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
AMS-SIN-HKT placed on waitlist via the phone and got a message its cleared instantly.
GwailoSIN likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
It was waitlisted about 4 days before departure with one chaser. I booked an alternative flight.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:48 am

On June 8, waitlisted four PVG-SIN SQ 833 (new Suite; Sun and Mon departure) in late Oct. and early Nov.

Today (June 13th) got notification that all of them are ready for confirmation. The string of emails is truly a pleasant surprise.

For those who are interested, I am just a "plain" KF member. Meanwhile, EF shows ZERO occupancy in F.
GwailoSIN and Unionruler like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
AMS-SIN-HKT placed on waitlist via the phone and got a message its cleared instantly.
Why did you waitlist via phone instead of via the website? Any advantage in doing this? While the website is not great for searching, for booking/ waitlisting I find it's very fast and would certainly prefer this to a phone call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.