Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:16 pm

Are my odds decent to have 2 saver seats in first class for LAX-NRT clear at some point? Date would be a saturday in April 2019.
Debating if I should pull the trigger on transferring Chase UR points.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by dancefreak
Are my odds decent to have 2 saver seats in first class for LAX-NRT clear at some point? Date would be a saturday in April 2019.
Debating if I should pull the trigger on transferring Chase UR points.
I'm going to say no one can really predict that.. but I wouldn't bank on 2 saver seats on the same flight tbh. Especially if you are only set on a single date that happens to be a Saturday. Especially to Japan... in April.. during cherry blossom season.

You could always waitlist the 2 saver seats and book confirmed J seats if they are available.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
An update as I got cleared for SQ861 in Suites Class. Waitlisted back at February for a flight in May.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
I have a question re what space I need to be looking for on EF (we have a couple of good backup options confirmed but would obviously like to simplify the itinerary, enjoy Suites the entire way there, save the miles on backups, etc).

We currently hold 2 confirmed O seats on JFK-FRA in late May and are wait-listed for JFK-SIN. Does O space need to open up on the entirety of JFK-SIN for us to clear, or would this work if just FRA-SIN space becomes available?

Last edited by N515CR; Apr 25, 2018 at 3:08 pm
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Does anyone have any experience with very last minute waitlisting? I am thinking about taking a gamble and not booking a flight home until a few days before travel. Looking at the next few days it seems there is lots of availability to waitlist on saver including on new suites. Does these generally clear if there is only a few hours/24 hours to travel or are they still pretty random? Will depart SIN so could even pop down to the ticket office if that helps?

Also I understand it is only possible to book a waitlist if you have the miles, but how about if you have a confirmed booking and you want to make a change to the date/time? Can you put a change on waitlist or would you have to cancel, redeposit and place new flight on waitlist?

Last edited by pogonation; Apr 26, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
Does anyone have any experience with very last minute waitlisting? I am thinking about taking a gamble and not booking a flight home until a few days before travel. Looking at the next few days it seems there is lots of availability to waitlist on saver including on new suites. Does these generally clear if there is only a few hours/24 hours to travel or are they still pretty random? Will depart SIN so could even pop down to the ticket office if that helps?

Also I understand it is only possible to book a waitlist if you have the miles, but how about if you have a confirmed booking and you want to make a change to the date/time? Can you put a change on waitlist or would you have to cancel, redeposit and place new flight on waitlist?

you can waitlist under a confirmed booking.
Don't know how SQ works on clearing waitlist.
They may even leave the whole cabin empty and not to clear waitlist.

I also have experience the waitlist was instantly cleared. Not sure if status does help.
Old May 12, 2018, 12:28 am

Data Point: Booked SYD-SIN-stopover-LAX August 2017 for June 2018 in Saver F/Suites for 2 people but SIN-LAX was on different dates/flights. (Speculative booking on SQ232 before New Suites were announced)

Waitlisted multiple options to fly together and called in for a chaser ~every month. Cleared 6 weeks out from SIN departure onto the last seat on my partner's SQ12 flight. Was surprised to have cleared the last seat available.

2 days prior to clearing, I contacted SQ Social Media and received a call from a very nice agent that talked me through options and said they would try and push through the request. Of course giving the disclaimer that it could clear anytime up to 3 hours before the flight. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

Very excited to be able to fly New Suites and SQ12 together!
Old May 14, 2018, 12:10 am

Normally how soon do you guys start chasing for waitlist clearance? My SIN-NRT-LAX F Saver is in 8 weeks' time.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by kiwi45
Normally how soon do you guys start chasing for waitlist clearance? My SIN-NRT-LAX F Saver is in 8 weeks' time.
However soon you feel comfortable doing so. I asked for a chaser as soon as I booked my flight 11 months out! Haha, I mean it didn't clear at that time, but it gave me peace of mind that I'm at least doing something to help.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
I book and forget about it, that way I get a pleasant surprise when I see an email saying my waitlist has cleared.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
Hi all,

I booked my flights on 23rd March fro MEL-AMD via Singapore for business award saver and since then only the Singapore - Ahmedabad leg has been confirmed but MEL-SIN is still in waitlist, have asked to send a chaser a week ago but haven't got anything yet.

Any suggestions on what else can I do to get it confirmed ?

Departure date is 2nd June

Thanks,
Jay

Last edited by rj45; May 17, 2018 at 9:38 pm
Old May 19, 2018, 9:13 am

how many can be on waitlist per flight?

I have Singapore airlines miles expiring next year. First time for waitlist and waitlisting for JFK to FRA first class for April 2019.

How many people are allowed to be on the waitlist per flight?

I have no status with Singapore

Just like to know what my odds may be

What is "chaser"
Old May 21, 2018, 11:15 pm

a handful should be fine. chaser is when you ask rep to bug rev mgmt to free up award space. unlikely to succeed...

Originally Posted by metoo
I have Singapore airlines miles expiring next year. First time for waitlist and waitlisting for JFK to FRA first class for April 2019.

How many people are allowed to be on the waitlist per flight?

I have no status with Singapore

Just like to know what my odds may be

What is "chaser"
Old May 23, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Booked beginning of April and cleared for 2 seats on 23rd of May for a flight in February of 2019. Flight is from KUL to SIN to AMS. Business saver on an A350
Old May 26, 2018, 1:35 am

Waitlisted a CDG-SIN -NRT in first for a saver award 72 hours before travel. Both segments cleared in 24 hours AFTER I called SQ desk.. Very helpful..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.