Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
I am looking to travel anytime between 22 Dec 2018 - 2 Jan 2019 leaving SYD to go to SIN in J X 3. All are waitlists except the 7pm flight out of syd or the canberra stopover. Do you think the daytime flights will clear quickly if I waitlist? I need to book accommodation too, so in a dilemma.

Any tips? I don't have enough miles for standard award, these are available, I only have enough for 3 X J Savers.

The return flight seems easier to obtain.

Thanks,
K.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Got SIN-LHR on waitlist for a flight next week. Its on the 77W and is showing 3 seats as empty. When do they normally look at confirming the seat?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:39 pm

Waitlist for LHR - SIN on new suite and got clear.
Am very happy!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Got SIN-LHR on waitlist for a flight next week. Its on the 77W and is showing 3 seats as empty. When do they normally look at confirming the seat?
3 seats could easily be snapped up, I don't like your chances.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjjohn
Waitlist for LHR - SIN on new suite and got clear.
Am very happy!
When was this for? I can't even see Full priced award seats for the new Suites on this route.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davidj1
3 seats could easily be snapped up, I don't like your chances.
The 77W only has 4 seats though. So this is quite low load
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:39 am

When was this for? I can't even see Full priced award seats for the new Suites on this route.
14 April
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
The 77W only has 4 seats though. So this is quite low load
Are you referring to first class? Then your chances (in theory) are good. However this is SIA not UAE so this could go any way.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Waitlist saver in new suite or splurge for confirmed higher level award?

Looking for advice for sages.

Flying SIN-LHR. I can waitlist for the new suite or confirm at the higher level. Travel is in July. What would you all do?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

14 April
^
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:29 pm

^
did your waitlist clear?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

did your waitlist clear?
Not yet. Now 2 out of 4 seats are taken.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I did a search for 2 award tickets in C for February of 2019 from SIN to AMS. By the time my mailes came into the account, the tickets went from available to waitlist. So I'm put on the waitlist now (separate tickets). From the looks of it I read here that a waitlist can be cleared anytime before the flight, up until a few days. I can make definitive bookings if I take a reroute via Zurich or Copenhagen. Would you recommend this? And if the waitlist for the direct flight clears, can I then still cancel the other tickets and get the miles back into the account to make the transaction for the waitlist tickets? (since you have to have the miles in order to be put on the waitlist. If I book other tickets in the meanwhile, I won't have enough miles in the account anymore for the waitlist tickets).
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
I did a search for 2 award tickets in C for February of 2019 from SIN to AMS. By the time my mailes came into the account, the tickets went from available to waitlist. So I'm put on the waitlist now (separate tickets). From the looks of it I read here that a waitlist can be cleared anytime before the flight, up until a few days. I can make definitive bookings if I take a reroute via Zurich or Copenhagen. Would you recommend this? And if the waitlist for the direct flight clears, can I then still cancel the other tickets and get the miles back into the account to make the transaction for the waitlist tickets? (since you have to have the miles in order to be put on the waitlist. If I book other tickets in the meanwhile, I won't have enough miles in the account anymore for the waitlist tickets).
waitlist can be cleared up to 3 hr before flight.
if you schedule is fixed, please secure a confirm flight first. If waitlist clear, you can cancel it and rebook.

put on waitlist first, then book the confirm one.

good luck.
kevinflyaway likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:04 pm

I placed a waitlist this evening, and three minutes later I received an email that it had cleared. I can handle that.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.