Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Mrs. Gpeso8 had her F wait-list clear for SQ856 about two days out, it was a saver award. This was about a month ago. We weren't following the loads in expertflyer because she was already confirmed in J and it wasn't a big deal for her to be in F. Hope it works out for you
Mister Nice!
well , I cleared ! 14 days out with no chaser requested . Email sent to me while I was sleeping . Called in and had a wonderful, pleasant , and competent agent who got everything sorted in short order . Very easy process !
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by Mister Nice

well , I cleared ! 14 days out with no chaser requested . Email sent to me while I was sleeping . Called in and had a wonderful, pleasant , and competent agent who got everything sorted in short order . Very easy process !
Fantastic! Enjoy the flight!
Mister Nice likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:33 am

Can I waitlist for the same flight for the same class more than once for the same passenger? Does that increase my chances of approval?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Same flight, same class, same day? If same day the answer is no.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:53 am

Thanks...
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi,
We are a group of 3 trying to get a redemption for SQ 403 in suites for late December. I found 2 saver level awards and booked them immediately because whenever I tried searching for 3 seats it would show as waitlist being my only option at the saver level. For the third passenger I confirmed a saver level F seat on the previous day's flight and I also have a waitlist reservation for the same passenger on our later day of travel. Ideally we would all like to travel together.

What should be our strategy going forward to maximise our chances of traveling together? I checked Expertflyer and it shows F4 A4 for the required date of travel. The seat map shows as the 2 bassinet seats (2C & D) to be blocked and all other seats except the 2 reserved by me as empty. Is there any way we can increase our chances of traveling together?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hello KrisFlyers!
Well, I'm starting to plan out a RTW trip for 2020 and have been piecing together possible routes. One route I came up with was a MNL(or possibly SGN) > SIN > FRA on SQ in F using KF miles for 2 adults. I have never booked KF before and have been reading about the waitlisting. My understanding is you may waitlist for the same flight on several different days as long as it's able to be waitlisted. So my thought was to waitlist a week or so of the SQ segment in hopes one of the flights clears. My following destination has no strict timeline and I would be able to wait out the waitlist in MNL or SGN hoping for the segment to clear.

I guess my question being, hence the title of the thread, is it likely that 1 of possibly 7-10 waitlisted flights will get cleared? Or is it still just a random/ infrequent possibility?

Any experience of having these segments cleared? Any suggestions when a good time to search for availability, outside the obvious 355?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:06 pm

I would book a business saver ticket if there's space or also wait list for business

Originally Posted by avneeshj
Hi,
We are a group of 3 trying to get a redemption for SQ 403 in suites for late December. I found 2 saver level awards and booked them immediately because whenever I tried searching for 3 seats it would show as waitlist being my only option at the saver level. For the third passenger I confirmed a saver level F seat on the previous day's flight and I also have a waitlist reservation for the same passenger on our later day of travel. Ideally we would all like to travel together.

What should be our strategy going forward to maximise our chances of traveling together? I checked Expertflyer and it shows F4 A4 for the required date of travel. The seat map shows as the 2 bassinet seats (2C & D) to be blocked and all other seats except the 2 reserved by me as empty. Is there any way we can increase our chances of traveling together?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: *G / OW sapphire
I saved my miles for years and finally today waitlisted a booking for JFK-FRA-SIN-MEL in September 2019 for two people in suites saver fare 304.000 krisflyer miles + $104,- US.

After reading this forum i didn't think these seats would ever be confirmed but I got an email notification no less than 5 hours later saying the flights were ready to be booked which I now have!
FlightNurse and lifeonthego_k like this.

Last edited by Lisa L; Oct 18, 2018 at 4:30 am
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Lisa L
I saved my miles for years and finally today waitlisted a booking for JFK-FRA-SIN-MEL in September 2019 for two people in suites saver fare 304.000 krisflyer miles + $104,- US.

After reading this forum i didn't think these seats would ever be confirmed but I got an email notification no less than 5 hours later saying the flights were ready to be booked which I now have!
Congratulations. You will have a great flight.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:30 pm

Seem like there isn’t much business saver seats available even for waitlist for sin to Auckland/christchurch n vice versa. Check 355 days out n the savers are all non available (even can’t waitlist).
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by kaiotes
I would book a business saver ticket if there's space or also wait list for business
Thanks. I have waitlisted Business class for the same date as well. However since we were getting 1 seat a day prior in F, we confirmed that. Ideally at this point we would only like to travel together in F if possible and if not 1 of us has to travel a day prior. What are my chances if I request them to send a chaser? The flight is still F4 A4 on EF.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:50 pm

Hey All,

I have a flight on 11/4 from USM->SIN-HKG->SFO. I booked for the business waitlist on Aug 1st. What do you all think my chances are for clearing the flight. I've tried asking for chasers (4x), but it seems the agents are especially unwilling for this flight. Any advice or words you used specifically to ask for chasers that worked?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:27 am

There is not a general Krisflyer Award thread so I am posting here.

I booked ILM-ORD-SFO-SIN-WLG-ZQN over two months ago in J (some sectors in Y) and there has been a flight change the sector WLG-ZQN and they rebooked on a flight that departs before my WLG sector arrives, the next suitable flight is not til 23:00 after the WLG arrival. I am calling to see if it can be re-routed to arrive the same evening that was originally schedule and the agent is suggesting this ticket is invalid because it has more than 3 stops. What do you suggest I do?
I don't see any ruling on this or if I have any rights to be able to re route.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriot Plat, IHG Spire
I waitlisted for the nonstop LAX-SIN saver J for xmas earlier this month, and just got cleared today! It was a very pleasant surprise as I didnt think it will clear at all because of the holidays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.