Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Had an F saver Singapore-Manila waitlisted last June 9 for flight on July 10 as part of the Tokyo-Manila via Singapore redemption where NRT-SIN was already confirmed. Called Krisflyer London ofc for the status this morning. Was told they couldn't do anything about it but that they would send my inquiry to the airport concerned. After 1 1/2 hours, I got an sms saying "Your waitlisted flight is available for confirmation". I'm so happy Chose my seat this afternoon and saw that we are 4 passengers on this flight. Thanks to all specially those who reported that giving them a call could help. It worked for me

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Jun 29, 2015 at 3:10 pm
Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
I'm already waitlisted on SQ 25 in F with 2 tickets. When I search now, it says 'not available' under the saver bucket. Does this bode well for me? Any ideas? Or does it mean nothing at all...
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by TGGDEL
I'm already waitlisted on SQ 25 in F with 2 tickets. When I search now, it says 'not available' under the saver bucket. Does this bode well for me? Any ideas? Or does it mean nothing at all...
Had the same thing happen to me.

What I did was do a dummy booking and before any payment, select seats option came up and I found the plane to be full in relevant class so I am guessing the same will be for your waitlisted seats.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Thanks - I just checked and all seats are wide open... Thanks for the tip though.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K
We waitlisted a trip SYD-SIN-LAX.

I just got an e-mail saying "your waitlisted award is now available for confirmation! Please ticket within three days.".

When I look at the reservation, only SYD-SIN is now listed as confirmed — SIN-LAX is still shown to be "waitlisted".

How does that work?

Separately, we have a different PNR ticketed and confirmed on MEL-SIN-SFO on the same days. We'd be happy to fly SYD-SIN-LAX if it all opens up but we'd also be happy to fly SYD-SIN-SFO on those days (swap out the MEL-SIN with the SYD-SIN which they are holding for us on another PNR). What are the odds that SQ will be able to make this happen?

Last edited by mherdeg; Aug 11, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:15 pm

Best to wait til the last moment in case first leg opens up as well.

Had SYD - SIN - JNB on waitlist in business the same confirmed in economy.

Only SIN - JNB cleared so we took it up but over the phone we had to cancel the confirmed economy SIN - JNB award which cost us a cancellation fee then accept the business SIN - JNB which cost us extra taxes, supposedly prepaid taxes from economy will be refunded after 6 weeks, and business miles but any expiring miles from the SIN - JNB economy leg were not refunded.

In hindsight if I knew what would happen I would have stuck to original confirmed economy tickets.

So all up it probably wasn't worth the effort and extra cost.

Good luck
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: Anything that still flies F
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Thanks - I just checked and all seats are wide open... Thanks for the tip though.
I have seen things from from 'Waitlist' to 'not available' to 'Available' in saver over the course of two days. Not really sure there is method to the madness. I booked a ticket when I saw it be available then it went to not-available after I booked again. Next day it was open. Not really sure so many people are actually moving their tickets around, I have a feeling its just SQ messing with us
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus, SQ KrisFlyer, BA Avios, SPG Gold, Priority Club, Platinum Card
I am waitlisted for an award flight in June '16 for SIN-JFK in R (suites) and in the mean time I booked confirmed award flight in first class with the same award points from SIN-SFO.

This may sound like a "dumb" question but is it possible that the system will not clear my waitlist if I do not have the full amount of points in the account, as I used the points to make the other booking? Will it overlook my account and say "he doesn't have enough points in account to book anyways, on to the next person"

Thanks
Old Aug 14, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Not that I have heard of, but I can't vouch for it 100%. However, it will most certainly mean that you need to call if the waitlisted SIN-JFK clears as cancelling SIN-SFO will not result in your miles being returned right away and you wouldn't be able to confirm the SIN-JFK one due to lack of miles.

An agent via the phone should be able to handle it though. Keep in mind though that SIN-JFK costs a few miles more over SIN-SFO and have that difference in your account.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus, SQ KrisFlyer, BA Avios, SPG Gold, Priority Club, Platinum Card
Originally Posted by demue
Not that I have heard of, but I can't vouch for it 100%. However, it will most certainly mean that you need to call if the waitlisted SIN-JFK clears as cancelling SIN-SFO will not result in your miles being returned right away and you wouldn't be able to confirm the SIN-JFK one due to lack of miles.

An agent via the phone should be able to handle it though. Keep in mind though that SIN-JFK costs a few miles more over SIN-SFO and have that difference in your account.
Thank you for the input! I am aware of the need to cancel, I have cancelled a flight before and had the miles returned to my account immediately (not for waitlist) but that maybe is why they charge the fee? And yes, I do have the point difference balance available.

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:25 pm

You have up to 48 hrs to accept the cleared waitlist flight.

As Demue said the agent you have to call will handle the change over.

Also remember that if you have expiry miles used for your confirmed booking you are cancelling these will not be refunded, as this happened to us.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Had flights waitlisted for Suites class for some time for our ZRH-SIN flight on Wednesday. Phoned yesterday and agent said they would put a request in. Magic email came through this morning. Phone call took 2 hours to get seats confirmed (some problems with mixed class booking and the pricing) but sorted in the end thanks to 2 very helpful staff.

Seats chosen, cook booked, very excited.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:10 pm

Nice. Enjoy the product. Still the best in my opinion.

Out of interest, which call centre did you call? If I had a dollar for every time I got through to a helpful agent... I'd have $3.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:15 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by Phaze
Nice. Enjoy the product. Still the best in my opinion.

Out of interest, which call centre did you call? If I had a dollar for every time I got through to a helpful agent... I'd have $3.
Rang the UK number but think it goes through to Singapore. The number on the SQ site for Singapore Krisflyer services seems to connect to a private household.

Last edited by price123; Aug 28, 2015 at 10:35 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:12 am

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.