Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mattchadwick
my waitlist just cleared the morning!!! I'm so excited! Flying the suites fro LAX-NARITA! 2 weeks out from departure. I'm KF Silver! Had been checking the website everyday just in case as well. good luck to you all! Happy travels!
^
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:54 pm

Was wondering if the consensus is that it's better to waitlist 2 people on 2 transactions? the miles would be coming from 1 account. I just don't want to run into an instance where 1 person's waitlist clears but the other hasn't.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by jasonz9238
Was wondering if the consensus is that it's better to waitlist 2 people on 2 transactions? the miles would be coming from 1 account. I just don't want to run into an instance where 1 person's waitlist clears but the other hasn't.
When a waitlist clears you aren't automatically booked on it, you have like 24 hours to confirm if you want to take the flight.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:13 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat
My waitlist for suites on SIN-FRA-JFK cleared about 2 weeks ago for a flight in early May. Still waiting for my husband's to clear, but we decided to split up if necessary. We both booked J awards after waitlisting for the suites saver. I got a text and an email letting me know if had 36 hours to confirm the waitlist award. Had to call the Kris Flyer line and have them switch the award from the J seat to the Suites seat - actually was less miles because suites was a saver and J was not. So excited!!!
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:18 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Is there any way to waitlist for a flight without having the miles in the account? Want to transfer TY points to SQ for the flight but not if the flight doesn't clear.......
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: *A
You have to have the miles required in your KrisFlyer account.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Tennet1979
You have to have the miles required in your KrisFlyer account.
Hmm. OK. The flight I want is FRA-JFK on a Monday in July. Does conventional wisdom say this would be likely to clear? Looks like 7 of 12 are free as of now on the seatmap (which I realize may not fully align with sold seats).
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daveland
Hmm. OK. The flight I want is FRA-JFK on a Monday in July. Does conventional wisdom say this would be likely to clear? Looks like 7 of 12 are free as of now on the seatmap (which I realize may not fully align with sold seats).
From what I have experienced this might clear in the last few days only. If the flight gets any more full then no chance.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by chelsea2
My waitlist for suites on SIN-FRA-JFK cleared about 2 weeks ago for a flight in early May. Still waiting for my husband's to clear, but we decided to split up if necessary. We both booked J awards after waitlisting for the suites saver.
Hypothetical question:

If you're willing to cram in one bed... couldn't you just book your S.O. in coach and bring him up to the front? Or is that not allowed?

Initially, I was going to try to waitlist for the cheap JFK-FRA flight, but I didn't want to risk it, so just booked SYD-SIN (actually, all the way to HND, but the SIN-HND leg is not suites). There was so much more availability on non-US flights, so I said, "scr*w it, let's go to Australia!"

I seriously finally decided to go to Australia simply because of Singapore Suites availability... how sad.....
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Hypothetical question:

If you're willing to cram in one bed... couldn't you just book your S.O. in coach and bring him up to the front? Or is that not allowed?
They won't allow that for sure.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:24 pm

FYI - they DID allow me to waitlist without the miles in my account over the phone (caveating that I'd only have a few days to deposit the miles if it became available). That said he also did indicate it seemed unlikely to clear based on the current load.... Always good to learn new tricks though!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I'm not a fan of their waitlists and I have never had one clear over several years.

If anything I'd only waitlist in F on the 77W as a low load is usually expected on most routes, whereas biz will fill up more quickly.

The main question is: if you are waitlisted and the seats are not sold close to the departure date, will SQ DEFINITELY release the seats to you or will the plane take off with empty seats?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aster
The main question is: if you are waitlisted and the seats are not sold close to the departure date, will SQ DEFINITELY release the seats to you or will the plane take off with empty seats?
In my experience take of with empty seats. I have no idea what they go off as once my seat was confirmed 24hrs before and load was 7/12 F seats. The other time I was booked in J and the flight seemed to have 10+ open seats but did not get confirmed.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
They won't allow that for sure.
For sure, no way.

Originally Posted by daveland
FYI - they DID allow me to waitlist without the miles in my account over the phone (caveating that I'd only have a few days to deposit the miles if it became available). That said he also did indicate it seemed unlikely to clear based on the current load.... Always good to learn new tricks though!
Yup, did the same before. And the 15% still honored.

I'm not a fan of their waitlists and I have never had one clear over several years.

If anything I'd only waitlist in F on the 77W as a low load is usually expected on most routes, whereas biz will fill up more quickly.

I got on board a 10/12 load F cabin at PVG. Moved forward my confirmed flight. Couldn't waitlist. So turned up at airport 2 hours before and tried our luck. Paid USD75 on the spot and cleared to go. We took the last 2 seats but couldn't be seated together. 12/12 load that day eventually.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
As noted, the plane will take off with empty seats. However, it is possible to talk to Krisflyer from the airport close to or even after checkin, and get them to get you the redemption done at the last minute in some instances. Has happened to me. It is a bit of a hassle for the lounge/Krisflyer staff, but doable, and if you get helpful SQ staff, they will do it for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.