Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So I have a similar question to one upthread. I'm waitlisted for F on HKG-SFO. J is available BKK-HKG-SFO. If I book the J itinerary, and F opens, can they just swap in the F segment HKG-SFO and collect the extra miles, or is it going to be more complicated than that? I don't have enough KF miles in my account to support two separate bookings.

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Waitlisted for this weekend whatever was available because I desperately needed to arrive in London on Sunday.

SQ322 departing Saturday 23:30 in Business just got confirmed. SQ306 departing Sunday 01:10 in Suites still waitlisted.

I would have preferred Suites than Business, but hey it’s peak summer travel period... and last minute beggars can’t be choosers!

What should I do? Wait for SQ306 to confirm? Will they? Can someone help me check the Suites load factor?

Or just bite the bullet, go for SQ322 and “slum” it in Business?
Book Business and if the waitlist opens up make the change. Curious, what other options were you thinking?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
Complete lottery. SQ has no reason why.

Originally Posted by etrust
Infrequent KF user here.

Booked my first waitlisted J seat today.

BCN-SIN 03SEP

When I look at EF it shows lots of 'Available' seats.

But as this is only about 3 weeks out, is there any guesstimate, or reasoning as to when or if this would become a confirmed seat? Or is it a complete lottery! (Just thinking if a Plan B - they do have PE available)
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:17 am

Sent 1 chaser on 8/12 for each of 3 Saver Waitlist awards on new SQ Suites ZRH-SIN for 2-PAX travel in September.
Reservations: space per EF:
1: F3
2: F3
3: F4

reso 2 and 3 cleared on 8/23. Reso 1 not yet cleared
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:08 pm

I have a booking for July 2019. Is it too early to chase?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
I have a booking for July 2019. Is it too early to chase?
No, in fact, I find it good to chase early. We had 4 J seats on waitlist on SQ32, booked almost 1 year out (and still on waitlist). Sent chasers and they confirmed like 6 or 8 months before the flight. Flight turned out to be full in J, thus I believe if we waited until the flight is fuller, the waitlist might not clear at all with the flight being nearly full.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:06 am

cant predict, u know what, i did a search for sin-tpe, but i never book it, and next day i receive sq email ask me to comfirm my booking, i so shock
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I’ve a revenue A class ticket needed to change to SQ232 (SYD-SIN) in Dec to make a connection, current F6A0, waitlisted for several days already, not cleared, my connecting flight on A is cleared however ... maybe a data point for future, will report back if cleared/not.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:03 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Was on waitlist for JFK-SIN SQ25 in F AUG 26. Didn't clear. Second time in recent months SQ25 didn't clear; assuming you can even join the waitlist to begin with.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:56 pm

Just got off of new Suites ZRH-SIN after clearing wait list approx 2 weeks out., Sitting in the Private Room (wasn't previously aware it was open to arriving passengers). SQ soft product is amazing. 9 separate courses, 20 page menu; flawless service, dine-on-demand. Hard product is superior to EY Apts in many ways, including size. But the finishes aren't as durable. Some carpet wear/stains, underside of bed tearing off- unfortunately is aging prematurely.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I'm booked on SYD-SIN in Suites on Sept 11. Then on Sept 12 I was booked in Suites to HKG. Due to an aircraft swap, now I'm in business. I was added to the wait list for a Suites flight later in the morning. I've been wait listed for about 4 months now. What of the odds of this clearing? Anybody have experience?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If you had a confirmed flight SIN-HKG in Suites and the a/c changed with you ending up in J and waitlisted on other flight in F/Suites then I would reach out to SQ again and demand a satisfactory resolution. It's their changes that put you into this situation and they should fix it. One way is for SQ to get Revenue Mgmt to open up a redemption seat for you on an alternative flight in First / Suites (personally I would not insist on suites, but accept any F seat even on 77W, but your call).

You have been more than patient already waiting for 4 months for SQ to have this sorted and treating this like you initiated the change is unacceptable in my book. Get pushy or fly in J and ask for miles back / downgrade compensation.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:45 pm

It seem like that there is one last suite available for sale on SQ856 on 12/sep. not sure why they do not wan to allocate to you? The aircraft was change from a 12 seat suite to the new 6 seat suite.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:46 pm

In your experiences and readings, how long does it take for a Saver Award to clear? I want to waitlist for a HKT-MEL flight in Jan 19', however, i'm afraid if it doesn't clear and its December 18', I'll have to book my flight with cash for 4x the cost.

Last edited by SuperKirby; Sep 9, 2018 at 9:28 am Reason: ETA
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by demue
If you had a confirmed flight SIN-HKG in Suites and the a/c changed with you ending up in J and waitlisted on other flight in F/Suites then I would reach out to SQ again and demand a satisfactory resolution. It's their changes that put you into this situation and they should fix it. One way is for SQ to get Revenue Mgmt to open up a redemption seat for you on an alternative flight in First / Suites (personally I would not insist on suites, but accept any F seat even on 77W, but your call).

You have been more than patient already waiting for 4 months for SQ to have this sorted and treating this like you initiated the change is unacceptable in my book. Get pushy or fly in J and ask for miles back / downgrade compensation.
Thanks for the info. I called up when I noticed the changed and they mentioned the best they can do was waitlist me for Suites. I'd take F or Suites at this point.

Update: Called back and finally got confirmed in Suites. I'm pretty excited as this is the new Suites product.
FlightNurse and SuperKirby like this.

Last edited by JHake10; Sep 9, 2018 at 4:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.