FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:42 am
JHake10

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by demue
If you had a confirmed flight SIN-HKG in Suites and the a/c changed with you ending up in J and waitlisted on other flight in F/Suites then I would reach out to SQ again and demand a satisfactory resolution. It's their changes that put you into this situation and they should fix it. One way is for SQ to get Revenue Mgmt to open up a redemption seat for you on an alternative flight in First / Suites (personally I would not insist on suites, but accept any F seat even on 77W, but your call).

You have been more than patient already waiting for 4 months for SQ to have this sorted and treating this like you initiated the change is unacceptable in my book. Get pushy or fly in J and ask for miles back / downgrade compensation.
Thanks for the info. I called up when I noticed the changed and they mentioned the best they can do was waitlist me for Suites. I'd take F or Suites at this point.

Update: Called back and finally got confirmed in Suites. I'm pretty excited as this is the new Suites product.

Last edited by JHake10; Sep 9, 2018 at 4:44 am