Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:52 am

I would jump on that ARN-SIN immediately...
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by justatourist
I would jump on that ARN-SIN immediately...
If you were a time traveller...
Great_circle likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by PxC
All 4 flights have Apex suites, which is anything from better to just as good as anything QR offers.
Have you flown in QSuites? While QSuites do have some drawbacks, the Oman Apex Suites don't even come close, IMO.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:57 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Have you flown in QSuites? While QSuites do have some drawbacks, the Oman Apex Suites don't even come close, IMO.
First time next tues. Of course I can be wrong, but I’ve read plenty that the seat/bed isn’t very big, whereas the Apex suite has no foot cubby and is sizeable, while of course being a great product overall. Will be very interested to compare and I’m sure both will be fantastic either way.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by PxC
All 4 flights have Apex suites, which is anything from better to just as good as anything QR offers.
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Have you flown in QSuites?
Originally Posted by PxC
First time next tues. Of course I can be wrong, but I’ve read plenty ....
Just to be clear, then, your definitive and unqualified opinion that APEX suites are at least as good as QSuites is based on things that you have read, not on your ever having sat in or flown in a QSuite.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PxC

First time next tues. Of course I can be wrong, but I’ve read plenty that the seat/bed isn’t very big, whereas the Apex suite has no foot cubby and is sizeable, while of course being a great product overall. Will be very interested to compare and I’m sure both will be fantastic either way.
Well, I've flown Q Suites twice only and the Apex many times. I like the Apex seat a lot but to me there is no comparison and I find the Q Suite a whole level above. You may well disagree as at the end of the day, seat preferences are very individual, but I think it's a lot safer to wait till you have flown both to decide for yourself what you like and don't (I also know some people who do not like the Apex seat at all and some on this forum seem quite critical of the Q Suite).
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone able to help - I am seeing decent fares exARN/OSL-AKL for Jan & Feb circa Ł2,300 each.

However, none of these are bookable on QR website, reverts to nearly double. Is this a known glitch or is there a way to achieve the cheaper fare

Many thanks !
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:01 am

Cheapest I can find on the QR website about SEK 30.000 which is about GBP 2.600. Multiple dates available. Did you use the 15 day calender?

edit: some days with long layover are available for SEK 27.600 (GBP 2.400). 5-20 feb
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Someone in the ITA Matrix thread had the same issue. Google Flights and ITA Matrix showed a much lower rate than the QR website (even after clicking through from Google Flights).
I verified availability for him on ExpertFlyer.
In the end he successfully booked through a travel agent.

Edit: It was “youngfogey”
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Many thanks both - it seems they don't exist in Jan - shunting back a month and can get Ł2,300 out from ARN and back to OSL
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
If February suits you better and you can see the prices on Google Flights/ITA Matrix, I can also double check for you on ExpertFlyer.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Lightbulb What are the cheapest Qatar routes in Business?

Hi Everyone, could any experienced QR traveler help me?

1) Outside promo, could you please let me know what are (typically) the cheapest Qatar Airways routes in Business in your experience? (solo not companion fares)
2) Is there any link where this information could be found without having to test dozens of combinations on Google Flight?

The reason for asking is because we typically receive email offer with double QPoints if travelling in Premium class. The goal is to make it easier to renew Emerald status.

Many Thanks.

PS: Preferably with a starting point in Europe but open to any location.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Fromager - I’m sure this forum’s wonderful Mod - msm2000uk - will be along at some point to welcome you to FT and the QR forum; in the meantime please let me be the first to say ‘welcome’.

Outside of any sales my own QR ‘go to route’ is ARN DOH SIN and vv. Fares are usually amongst the most competitive, plus the A350-900 and -1000 (probably my favourite aircraft) are to be found on this route. I try and avoid A320, A330 and A340 operated flights.

Unless anyone can tell me differently there is no substitute for putting in the effort to price up, as you put it, ‘dozens of combinations’; I have my own spreadsheet for EU to SE Asia airport pairs. Of course, keeping an eye open for fares posted both on this forum and the premium fares forum is a good strategy.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Definitely BKK is one of the airports popping up frequently in "cheap" J deals. All has to do with high frequency of daily QR flights, as well as BKK being a notorious low-revenue destination.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: QR
I wish this was the case exiting JNB... QR fares from JNB to BKK are now competing with SQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.