Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
I saw those LH/LX fares, there Defo good value alright!! Unfortunately I’m a “one world” flyer and I need the Tier points for Gold!! Thanks for tip!!
onlysuites likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by ATCOlad
I saw those LH/LX fares, there Defo good value alright!! Unfortunately I’m a “one world” flyer and I need the Tier points for Gold!! Thanks for tip!!
Qatar are Oneworld and you earn tier points, about to do HEL-HND and getting 560 TP
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
He was talking about the LH/Swiss £999 fares which are most definitely not oneworld. No £999 QR flights in J to that side of the world for months...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: AA
QR is having a 48h sales from Germany and I wanted to book MUC-BKK but with a stopover in Doha for two days but the website cannot price it correctly. The promo is in W, which allows a free stopover in doha, and it is available everyday on the week I am looking at. But when I add a stopover it books me into LLNN, which is the double of W. I called the US call center but they don't see W fares from Germany so they couldn't book. The german office is closed. Is there a way to add a stopover in Doha online through an online travel agent? ANy help? QR's IT is really bad or they just don't keep their promise...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by sony2012
QR is having a 48h sales from Germany and I wanted to book MUC-BKK but with a stopover in Doha for two days but the website cannot price it correctly. The promo is in W, which allows a free stopover in doha, and it is available everyday on the week I am looking at. But when I add a stopover it books me into LLNN, which is the double of W. I called the US call center but they don't see W fares from Germany so they couldn't book. The german office is closed. Is there a way to add a stopover in Doha online through an online travel agent? ANy help? QR's IT is really bad or they just don't keep their promise...
It's definitely possible but due to married segment constraints you have to choose carefully the flights that offer W availability with a 2 days stopover in DOH (you may have W availability on day 1 on MUC-DOH-BKK and on day 3 on MUC-DOH-BKK but not W availability on MUC-DOH on day 1 and DOH-BKK on day 3).
Use ITA Matrix to look for a flights combination that offer W availability with a 2 days stopover in DOH, then book exactly these flights with a multi city search on QR website (use the "show more flights" link if QR website doesn't show you the desired flights).
Example :
14th November QR60 MUC-DOH
16th November QR826 DOH-BKK
28th November QR837+QR57 BKK-DOH-MUC
ITA shows a price of 515 EUR but QR website will offer it for 475 EUR
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
I have started searching in a fairly regimented manner for ex-EU to SE Asia QR business class fares for a 60+ day trip in Q1 2019. I’ve set up a spreadsheet with approx 40 no. QR EU destinations (all served by BA from either LHR T3, LHR T5 or LGW S) and the approx 12 no. QR SE Asia destinations of interest to me. I have added current exchange rates, to convert any fares of interest into GBP. Here are my current four lowest fares (not necessarily the best for convenience, aircraft type, etc):

ARN KBV GBP1370
PSA KUL GBP1540
HEL BKK GBP1590
ARN KUL GBP1635

Until such time as any QR sale fares come along I intend to keep looking. If there’s no sale by, say, mid-November at least I’ll know what itinerary suits my needs best.

I’ll post anything of interest here. I encourage others to keep this thread active (there was recently a four week period of inactivity).
Sisyphus1carus likes this.

Last edited by Phil the Flyer; Aug 17, 2018 at 11:25 am
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:35 pm

I'm also looking for q1 to BKK/hkt/sin/kul etc.

How are you searching so many destinations ? Manually or is there a clever way I'm missing out on?

I'm using Google flights so far, but still very manual really.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:38 pm

By the way... I know it's not QR but there is a good Lufthansa/Swiss biz class sale on - I think BKK was £1250 from UK , with departures well in to 2019.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Subman
How are you searching so many destinations ? Manually or is there a clever way I'm missing out on?
Manually, on QR’s website. I try and search approx 100-150 city pairs in one session. I have to keep dates fixed (+/- 3 days) or there would be too many variables to consider.

My wife and I have a BA GUF2 that we could use, but in the ongoing debate about BA F v QR J I’m firmly in the QR camp. Sorry for the debate msm2000uk!
msm2000uk and Subman like this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Stops are sometimes long, but there's a decent £1600 fare from ARN to USM (Koh Samui), which is decent when you factor in what Thai Airways or Bangkok Air charge for the BKK-USM hops.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:44 am

1525€ ARN KBV in Feb, tempting for a week on my GF’s birthday. She never flew in J.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:04 am

Does QR typically run a Fall/Autumn fare sale in the U.S?

I remember last fall I was able to book JFK-AMM in QSuites for about $2300 r/t and was looking for similar pricing this year.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: EXPLT
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
I have started searching in a fairly regimented manner for ex-EU to SE Asia QR business class fares for a 60+ day trip in Q1 2019. I’ve set up a spreadsheet with approx 40 no. QR EU destinations (all served by BA from either LHR T3, LHR T5 or LGW S) and the approx 12 no. QR SE Asia destinations of interest to me. I have added current exchange rates, to convert any fares of interest into GBP. Here are my current four lowest fares (not necessarily the best for convenience, aircraft type, etc):

ARN KBV GBP1370
PSA KUL GBP1540
HEL BKK GBP1590
ARN KUL GBP1635

Until such time as any QR sale fares come along I intend to keep looking. If there’s no sale by, say, mid-November at least I’ll know what itinerary suits my needs best.

I’ll post anything of interest here. I encourage others to keep this thread active (there was recently a four week period of inactivity).
Hi Phil the Flyer

Thanks a lot for your posts and sharing the information and searching techniques.

For the past 6 years, we have been doing Europe-Asia-US on QR in biz, all of this was how we started using QR time after time, and we are really happy we did. Of course, the very reasonable J fares had alot to with it, but we just love their service. We have also done AKL twice. Boy I am going to miss the B777 2-2-2 J seating. We havent flown the new Q suite yet, but i am 6'6", and the current old style 777 J seats are simply the best !

I recall there were posts in the past here about how we are no longer able to book certain types of multi-city flights. We had always booked Europe-Asia-USA, and now as had been mentioned on this forum, these types of bookings can no longer be made on line. I have not read any recent posts, probably due to no new info, but I just wanted to confirm that these types of booking still remain not possible to book. Thanks if anyone can share any different experiences.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ATCOlad
Very nearly booked LHR-ZRH-BKK return, May/June 2019 for £1265pp on Swiss Air. Fantastic price, but as a QR Gold I'm now hooked on the QR J product & pulled out at the last minute in the hope QR will reintroduce some ex-LHR bargains in J. It's the hope that hurts.

It's proving very difficult to wean myself onto different carriers!
purple1addict likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:46 am

As someone pointed out in the BA premium deals thread, there seems to be a quite good fare to BKK from AMS at around 1500€ until the end of the year. All flights in 777-300ERs though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.