Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:22 am

you can also look at the cheaper BA fares across europe:

lon-mad-bcn

lux-lhr

charging this to QRPC may be an easy way to top up some qpoints for maintaining status
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thank you all for the suggestions so far. Thanks for the welcome Phil the Flyer.
It is surprising that Business class flights from Nordic capitals to South East Asia are very often cheaper than routes starting from Central European cities such as Warsaw, Belgrade, Kiev or Sofia.
I initially assumed that flights originating from wealthy capitals would always be more expensive than the ones starting from the central European cities mentioned above (due to lower average monthly salaries for citizens.).

Anyways, I and many others I guess would be very happy to have a rough idea of which routes to look first when trying to benefit from the 2x or 3xQpoints promo offers in Premium cabin.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:34 am
R2

TUN is usually a pretty good starting point, here's TUN-KUL return in C for €1356.

https://www.google.com/flights/?curr...35*.EUR.135535
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:22 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Fromager
Hi Everyone, could any experienced QR traveler help me?

1) Outside promo, could you please let me know what are (typically) the cheapest Qatar Airways routes in Business in your experience? (solo not companion fares)
2) Is there any link where this information could be found without having to test dozens of combinations on Google Flight?

The reason for asking is because we typically receive email offer with double QPoints if travelling in Premium class. The goal is to make it easier to renew Emerald status.

Many Thanks.

PS: Preferably with a starting point in Europe but open to any location.
Hi Fromager,

Welcome to Flyertalk, and specifically the QR Forum.

One of the threads you will find in the QR Forum Dashboard, is the Sales Discussion Thread. The thread is full of useful tips, and will give you an indication of where the best fares usually come from.

To that end, I have moved your thread into the Sales Thread.

Safe travels,

M
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by R2
TUN is usually a pretty good starting point, here's TUN-KUL return in C for €1356.

https://www.google.com/flights/?curr...35*.EUR.135535
But TUN-PEN is cheaper : 1233 EUR ;-)
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Matt4

But TUN-PEN is cheaper : 1233 EUR ;-)
TUN-PEN last year it was as low as 780€, would love to see a similar price again. For 1233€ IMHO is not worth to position to TUN.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by more4less
TUN-PEN last year it was as low as 780€, would love to see a similar price again. For 1233€ IMHO is not worth to position to TUN.
It depends from how much does it cost elsewhere, if someone is interested in Malaysia. I probably would be happy to position for 1233€ if departing ex- EU the cheapest price was 2K
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
It is surprising that Business class flights from Nordic capitals to South East Asia are very often cheaper than routes starting from Central European cities such as Warsaw, Belgrade, Kiev or Sofia.
I initially assumed that flights originating from wealthy capitals would always be more expensive than the ones starting from the central European cities mentioned above (due to lower average monthly salaries for citizens.).
This question was recently discussed in the AY+ forum. In the Nordics there are not that much people who would find flying J worth the money. The Nordic mentality is that everyone is equal and showing one's status is frowned upon. I've been on the same flight with the wealthiest man in Finland and we were both in Y. Also even though the average salaries are quite high, the high average comes from everyone having a relatively good salary - and there are not much people who earn so much that they would be willing to pay for flying in J. Because of the harsh weather there's high demand for seats in Y (and charter flights to warm destinations), but because of the reasons mentioned earlier the relative demand for J is lower than in many other countries.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
MXP-DPS is currently €2009 R/T in R. Not great but €1,500 lower than ex-MUC (and a few others I checked), so I grabbed it for Nov/Dec flights (positioning is cheap). Even a few € cheaper than CGK, which is unusual. SIN and KUL are more expensive as well.

Just stumbled upon this on Matrix, no idea for how long this will be available or when it started. The "good" i.e. short connections had low available seat count for MXP-DOH at this price.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
I would have flown MXP to DPS on Oman for EUR 1492, tired of waiting around for QR or oneworld partners to offer some decent fares
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by #1son
I would have flown MXP to DPS on Oman for EUR 1492, tired of waiting around for QR or oneworld partners to offer some decent fares
New membership year has started, need the BAEC TPs.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I found (wide availability in Oct-Nov):
KBP-SIN for around €1,600
SOF- SIN for €1,700

First leg with an A320 is not a big deal if trying to benefit from the 3X & 2X Qpoints offer.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:13 am

I found (wide availability in Oct-Nov):
KBP-SIN for around €1,600
SOF- SIN for €1,700

First leg with an A320 is not a big deal if trying to benefit from the 3X & 2X Qpoints offer.
this 3x & 2x qpoints offer is still valid? could u provide a screenshot please or a link or a promocode? either i missed it or its not available for me? planning to fly exactly to sin in nov myself
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fgw_
this 3x & 2x qpoints offer is still valid? could u provide a screenshot please or a link or a promocode? either i missed it or its not available for me? planning to fly exactly to sin in nov myself
For what it's worth, I received a target promo "We noticed it's been a while since we have has the pleasure to welcoming you on board our Premium Class" (no kidding !!!) Earn triple Qmiles and Qpoints when you book premium classes from Oct 2 until Oct 15 for flights until Jan 31 2019"
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
MXP-DPS is currently €2009 R/T in R. Not great but €1,500 lower than ex-MUC (and a few others I checked), so I grabbed it for Nov/Dec flights (positioning is cheap). Even a few € cheaper than CGK, which is unusual. SIN and KUL are more expensive as well.
It's gone now. Price went up by €1,000 to €2,997.

Cannot see the Oman deal on the Matrix either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.