Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
They used to do these triple points promos when redemptions were half the amount of points.
Until they do a 6x promo I won't be getting interested !!
Traveller999 and PascaleB like this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
They used to do these triple points promos when redemptions were half the amount of points. Until they do a 6x promo I won't be getting interested !!
If the fare's good, why wouldn't you take it and credit to AA or someone else in OW?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
If the fare's good, why wouldn't you take it and credit to AA or someone else in OW?
The fares from Western Europe are not good.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
NO
NO
and NO

Since I base in PVG, all the flight depart from PVG to Europe round trip would cost me more than 2700 Euro! Also from PEK and CAN! It is not a deal because the Promo price and Value price are basically the same. Please change to a better deal since there are a lot of travelers traveling to Europe these days.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Recent Economy-Fares (which is where I fly) from CNX & Thailand, even the short-term ones trying to fill low-season space this autumn, have been 10-30% higher, than the few remaining fares I've got booked with QR ... so no reasonable-prices here either !

I burned my Qmiles on a low-season one-way to London for next Spring, just before they were devalued by-half, so that I'm now also looking at the permanently-lower fares ex-UK too, when planning my future-flying. I also snapped-up a couple of cheap code-shares on the BA-website, for 20% lower than booking the same flights with QR, when the new direct-to-CNX route was launched a year ago. But finding good-value fares on Qatar Airways is a never-ending, and generally fruitless, task at-present !

I do understand that they're struggling commercially, with the loss of KSA/UAE/Egypt as markets, however driving-away other customers with uncompetitive prices is not the answer, IMHO ! AAB says he doesn't believe in flying air (or empty planes) round the world, well then he should be discounting to keep the network load-factors up, instead ! His product in Business is excellent, but the back-end also needs to be busy, to contribute towards the fixed-costs !
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:28 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Given up on QR and have booked Oman J to Bangkok, departing Paris and returning to LHR. All 4 flights have Apex suites, which is anything from better to just as good as anything QR offers. Hoping for a good soft product, but for £1230 can’t really go wrong.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Agree with you, at present no good fares on QR, still have enough Qmiles for ow J redemption, then plan to switch to the best offer, at present i see good prices on VN/AF, MH, *A, but nothing close to good on QR.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:20 am

Yep, WY seems to frequently offer low fares ex CDG. Good product, but sometimes timing isn't that great and FF benefits are very limited.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:27 am
PxC

Originally Posted by makrom
Yep, WY seems to frequently offer low fares ex CDG. Good product, but sometimes timing isn't that great and FF benefits are very limited.
That’s why I avoided it as the return sucked, but coming back to LHR wasn’t much more and now it’s evening departures both ways and 2 hour connections. Win win
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:20 pm

Black Friday, before Christmas or January sales..

Hoping for a crazy Qatar price for 4x business class to Singapore. Ideally UK but imagine we'll have to fly ex EU to get a really cheap one. Need to fly mid October 2019 so obviously can't buy until at least late Oct.

There are always airline sales January time but wondering what is people's expereince with other sale periods? Do we guess a black Friday sale 2018 will be any better and will it likely cover a travel date so far away?

Thanks all.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:34 pm
PxC

Originally Posted by 225SG
Hoping for a crazy Qatar price for 4x business class to Singapore. Ideally UK but imagine we'll have to fly ex EU to get a really cheap one. Need to fly mid October 2019 so obviously can't buy until at least late Oct.

There are always airline sales January time but wondering what is people's expereince with other sale periods? Do we guess a black Friday sale 2018 will be any better and will it likely cover a travel date so far away?

Thanks all.
From my experience, January are often the biggest and best sales times, and I would book then. If nothing great appears on your route with QR then I would happily wait it out rather than settling for something else, as even QR as they are now are likely to have a few more offers over the year.

You could always go over to HFP and search Qatar, flick through articles about their previous sales and see what sort of stuff gets offered over the year and when etc..
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
They used to do these triple points promos when redemptions were half the amount of points.
Until they do a 6x promo I won't be getting interested !!
The good ol´ ¨half of the double¨... it reminded me to this sign spotted in Viet Nam... I was a bit dubious about it though...

PS, I like your nickname... :-)
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by PxC
Given up on QR and have booked Oman J to Bangkok, departing Paris and returning to LHR. All 4 flights have Apex suites, which is anything from better to just as good as anything QR offers. Hoping for a good soft product, but for £1230 can’t really go wrong.
The Oman air lounge in Bangkok is nice. Good food and drink selection.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Pricing differences/Stopover day

Originally Posted by Lefly
ARN - KBV from 14500 SEK (1377 eur)
book by 18 September 2018 for travel until 31 March 2019

There are other not expensive (but not cheap as they were) prices to Asia from ARN & OSL if someone is interested
Everytime I put some dates into Google Flights or Matrix, I get differing numbers on the Qatar website. Example:
ARN - KBV

27/12 - QR172, 28/12 QR 824
8/1 - QR825, 9/1 QR 169

Google flights comes up with £1411 per person round trip for Business. Then the QR site shows up completely different numbers on those days, and better flight costs for others. The Qatar site has the similar costs on similar flights for 25/12 to 11/1, with £1375 per person.

Am I doing something wrong with these price differences?
Also, anytime I try to add in a stopover day (or two) in Doha on the Qatar site, I get C class instead of I. Is this something I need to call a travel agent to get right? ITA Matrix seems to be able to price it in I the whole way.

Thank you!
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
As we move into the second half of September 2018 I thought I would reminisce about the QR sale that started on 1 November 2017, in the hope that some similar sale fares might appear within the next six weeks. These are some (there were many more) of the fares that QR was offering ten-and-a-half months ago (all fares in GBP per person, all ‘two together’ business class fares):

ARN SIN GBP993
ARN SYD GBP1,331
ARN AKL GBP1,351
ARN KBV GBP924
ATH JNB GBP1,213
ATH HKG GBP1,061
ATH TYO GBP1,127
TXL JNB GBP1,157
SOF PVG GBP850
SOF SIN GBP862
HEL BKK GBP955

Of course, QR may not have a sale at all in November 2018, but it might just be worthwhile ensuring that credit card balances have been sufficiently cleared to permit some short-notice purchases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.