Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I don't see any issue with DME without a visa if you have a long enough connection.
But Moscow is a fascinating city, I would love to go back. The visa is a bit of a hassle, but if you've always wanted to go anway, why not combine both?

And if you don't want to, there are still other OK options from Eastern Europe (SOF, BEG etc.).
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:23 am

My last QR Flight was the sake fare, £560 from Amsterdam to Tokyo. We travelled a year ago this month and I’ve barely seen anything decent since : (
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by travellingjake
My last QR Flight was the sake fare, £560 from Amsterdam to Tokyo. We travelled a year ago this month and I’ve barely seen anything decent since : (
How about the Satay Fare of a few months ago - EDI-PEN for £750.

M
Subman likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA - Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
How about the Satay Fare of a few months ago - EDI-PEN for £750.

M
Were Satay and Sake both error fares or do they happen every so often?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:36 am

And there was that fare from Vietnam to most of Europe a bit over a year ago. Can’t remember but about £500 r/t.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:55 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Nice to reminisce. Anyone finding any good fairs ex-SE Asia?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
Originally Posted by higham44
I keep hoping for a 'bargain' business offer from Qatar to work towards retaining BA Silver. The ex-EU to SE Asia via Doha giving 560 tier points is a big lure, but only at the right price - and as many people are saying the prices are not right at the moment. Let's hope for something more positive in November and/or January.
We have maintained BA Silver for last 2years with bargain Qr J fares ex EU to Aisa via Doha and hoping for the same in 2019!! I would be all over a bargain Tokyo fare!! If Al Baker carries out his current threat to leave One World the good times will all come to a crashing end :-( Sorry for going off topic!! Hoping for another good Sale 🤞
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Likewise, I have used Qatar to maintain Silver over the last few years and to have some great holidays in Bali and Thailand. Let's hope Al Baker doesn't pull out of OneWorld and produces tempting fares.
ATCOlad likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: MARIOTT GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S. HH DIA, CHASE RESERVE
Latest Qatar Promo on their US home page ... Business class fares starting at $2575 ....

anybody figure out details on this $2575 fare ?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Durıng the 2 day sale from Scandınavıa last week, I saw fares for 21k SEK (about 2K Euros) from ARN-HKG for travel end of March 2019. I just had a look now and even after the sale is over, I could stıll see the same price I wonder if İ should waıt a lıttle as I wıll be bookıng for me and my partner (my bday gıft to hım).
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by higham44
I keep hoping for a 'bargain' business offer from Qatar to work towards retaining BA Silver. The ex-EU to SE Asia via Doha giving 560 tier points is a big lure, but only at the right price - and as many people are saying the prices are not right at the moment. Let's hope for something more positive in November and/or January.
Regarding the high QR prices at the moment and the 560 tier points it might be interesting to keep a look out for RJ ex EU fares to Asia. With the compulsory transfer in AMM this will also get you 560 tier points and I bought AMS-BKK a month ago for 1463,- euros for travel in february.
Fare is gone now, I think, but might be worth to keep in mind.
ATCOlad likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Great_circle
Regarding the high QR prices at the moment and the 560 tier points it might be interesting to keep a look out for RJ ex EU fares to Asia. With the compulsory transfer in AMM this will also get you 560 tier points and I bought AMS-BKK a month ago for 1463,- euros for travel in february.
Fare is gone now, I think, but might be worth to keep in mind.
Yeah, but they only fly to BKK, HKG and KUL in SEA.

Looking at their website, I notice that they still fly to Hong Kong International Airport Kai Tak.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
and do not forget RJ in general sucks IMO ;-)

but I am sure other posters will claim how wonderful it is

Last edited by #1son; Nov 5, 2018 at 3:32 am
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by #1son
and do not forget RJ in general sucks ;-)
I travelled in their 787 in J-class a couple of times and had no complaints
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:34 am

Some cheap fares FRA to KUL at around 480 euros in January...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.