armouredant likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by jeroen100
Please check DM
Can't you post it?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Krogdoor
Can't you post it?
Decided not to do that. It is not a general code like "gomobile" or "Flyqr" but a Corporate contract code that will likely be changed if it is made public.
Also it is just valid from Sofia so not many people wil be able to use it.

It's not really a lot of work to send a DM, I think?
cgtechuk, Krogdoor and Gobber like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: Qatar airways
Can you also please share it with me? Thank you.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Jeez, guys, just send a PM. No need to spam the thread with your requests.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:20 pm

do you know what the best discounts are using this promo?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
So looks like no sales this Jan.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:09 am

2 for 1 Valentines deal anyone ?
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by PxC
Any idea why this combo works out cheaper than both OSL-SIN rtn and ARN-BKK return on their own? Curious now if there is any other creative routings that could shave some more off..

You want to get involved in the Trick It thread ;-)
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I thought the Trick It thread was pretty much dead? Is there a new one? :-O
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by onlysuites
So looks like no sales this Jan.

Well, there was all the hype about the new promotional-video, aka Hollywood-epic.

There was also the usual pre-Sale price-hike in December/early-January,followed by some nominal reductions, which might have given the impression of some sort of Sale. Those levels appear to me to still be available, beyond the end of the 'sale' deadlines ?

Lastly there were some targetted-emails & specific reductions, the usual ex-Scandinavia & eastern-europe, those may happen to be helpful to some. And their online-ads have been promising better prices on specific city-combinations, these usually turned out to be short-term, rather than far-ahead.

But no widespread Sale, on a global-scale or to the price-level of previous/pre-blockade years, I'd say. This has in-turn been reflected on Emirates & Etihad, or not. No major-Sale to trigger competitive-reaction, which is to the detriment of those of us who like to lock-in the year's travel at a reasonable price, at the start of the year.

However I'm not sure that they've yet made full use of all that point-of-origin information, which they had been collecting, so there might well be some further targetted-offers.

I guess there is now a pause, while management assess the forward-bookings & load-factors situation, now that the traditional global-Sale period has passed, hopefully (always optimistic !) to be followed by some sort of General-Sale, if things are looking quiet ? Or perhaps things really are still looking good, and they see no need for action ?

Last edited by Richard Bell; Jan 27, 2019 at 6:34 pm
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
This has in-turn been reflected on Emirates & Etihad, or not. No major-Sale to trigger competitive-reaction, which is to the detriment of those of us who like to lock-in the year's travel at a reasonable price, at the start of the year.
I don't entirely agree with you on that bit. Obviously it all depends on what sort of origins/routes one is interested in, and in my case that is mostly Europe to Asia/Oceania but for instance, EY currently has sales from various European departure points to Australia for as low as about £1700/€1900 which is very good by their standards, better than what I have seen in previous years, but QR has just not been competing on price with them even from their usual lower fare departing cities. Like others, I'm worried about whether this is a durable trend.
Richard Bell and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: EC Silver FC Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic
QR has just not been competing on price with them even from their usual lower fare departing cities. Like others, I'm worried about whether this is a durable trend.
To be fair to QR, most of the EY fares in and around £1,800 are 2-stoppers, such as GOT-BRU-AUH-SYD, with other combinations including OSL-AMS, OSL-CDG; I didn't see a 1-stop fare come close to QR (BRU-AUH-SYD priced over £4k from EY when I checked on the same dates as the GOT 2-stop fare). If you gave me the choice I would pay a few hundred more for the ability to credit to OW (for now), 1 less stop, QSuites and Hamad International. To my mind, their price is competitive.

Given the amount of grief Qatar continues to receive from the lobbying airlines in both the US and Australia, their reticence to significantly undercut other airlines on these routes is understandable.

Still a pity they didn't have a Global Travel Boutique this year focusing on other destinations, especially given some of the recent sales from other OW alliance members. First time in a few years I am not planning to travel with them.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by PxC
Any idea why this combo works out cheaper than both OSL-SIN rtn and ARN-BKK return on their own? Curious now if there is any other creative routings that could shave some more off..
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I thought the Trick It thread was pretty much dead? Is there a new one? :-O

Not that I'm aware of but I'm sure there will be somewhere - not necessarily on FT.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by citytom
Still a pity they didn't have a Global Travel Boutique this year focusing on other destinations, especially given some of the recent sales from other OW alliance members. First time in a few years I am not planning to travel with them.

Yep. I think quite a few people feel this way. Whether it is enough of us to bother QR or not is another matter - probably not.

However I am utterly amazed that with the embargo going on restricting a number of their markets and routes that we have not seen some excellent fares to other destinations in order to drum up business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.