FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Sale Fares Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1868118-sale-fares-discussion.html)

msm2000uk Sep 21, 2017 11:17 am

Sale Fares Discussion

This thread is purely related to discussing QR Sale Fares.

Is the current 'Sale' actually a Sale?
Are the fares cheaper than previous Sales?
Is this Sale absolutely useless for your travel plans?

Well, here is the place to discuss!

Safe travels,

M

mr_botak Sep 21, 2017 11:19 am

No, No and Yes!

ChocolateFactory Sep 21, 2017 11:33 am

Love it. Thank you, msm2000uk!

WorldLux Sep 21, 2017 12:28 pm

No
No
Yes

Even the VCE-BKK (~1,100€) being discussed over in the premium deals section is not that impressive. Positioning to VCE is not that fun and the competition isn't much more expensive once you factor in positioning costs and buffers.

GalaxyChris Sep 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux (Post 28843060)
No
No
Yes

Even the VCE-BKK (~1,100€) being discussed over in the premium deals section is not that impressive. Positioning to VCE is not that fun and the competition isn't much more expensive once you factor in positioning costs and buffers.

I do VCE one time, with all the factors it's less painful than expected (small airport), Lounge used by QR is not so bad (big size) and comfy, ground staff support for transfer.

But the QR hardware is still not great from VCE (333) and if you connect to a non-Qsuite 777 (like DPS or BKK) it start to be really annoying.

Is the current 'Sale' actually a Sale? No, just a good targeted promo because the 5x Miles I got
Are the fares cheaper than previous Sales? No
Is this Sale absolutely useless for your travel plans? No just made me buy one flight in advance because the 5x

Promo code recently proposed by QR = joke (Paypal2017, Qsuite)

msm2000uk Sep 21, 2017 2:03 pm

The questions I posed, were just general queries to give an idea of the sort of things that should be discussed here.

This is your Forum after all :)

M

:D! Sep 21, 2017 2:26 pm

Actually if you were willing to position to VCE in BA ET then you could have got it for £59 return until yesterday (I think that sale has ended) and the timings worked well with QR timings

Positioning to MCT in BA WTP £508 for MCT-BKK (which I believe includes a visit to Al Safwa, and has now dropped to ~£800 since the £ is doing slightly better than before) also seems to work - but I've decided to go with TK <£1100 one stop from LGW and potentially not bother with renewing BA Gold unless QR has a proper sale

WorldLux Sep 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris (Post 28843406)
I do VCE one time, with all the factors it's less painful than expected (small airport), Lounge used by QR is not so bad (big size) and comfy, ground staff support for transfer.

But the QR hardware is still not great from VCE (333) and if you connect to a non-Qsuite 777 (like DPS or BKK) it start to be really annoying.

Not in my case. Positioning to VCE would cost a minimum of 140£ and hotels (as the times don't match). Add to that the 8H in DOH on the way back, the A333/777 combi and I'd prefer spending a little more cash and get a non-stop/1-stop deal without positioning or something a lot easier to position too (e.g. BRU-DOH-HKT for 1,670€).

DangerM55 Sep 21, 2017 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 28843488)
I've decided to go with TK <£1100 one stop from LGW and potentially not bother with renewing BA Gold unless QR has a proper sale

I presume that there will be a reasonable sale around new year as the last couple of years, perhaps with a deep discount fare such as BKK and then TYO... Does anyone have any insight (msm2000uk)? Probably a bit far off still!

WorldLux Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by DangerM55 (Post 28843699)
I presume that there will be a reasonable sale around new year as the last couple of years, perhaps with a deep discount fare such as BKK and then TYO... Does anyone have any insight (msm2000uk)? Probably a bit far off still!

That would be a really long time between sales. IIRC the Sake Fare was sold towards the end of the sale that was held in the second half of January. Personally I would be happy with a great fare to AUS/NZ.

Schwann Sep 22, 2017 3:15 am

Seems the Venice fare to BKK has ended.

GalaxyChris Sep 22, 2017 6:13 am

Same for ARN-BKK

Schwann Sep 22, 2017 10:07 am

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris (Post 28845568)
Same for ARN-BKK

Was going to book the Venice one (maybe...), so hopefully something else comes up!

remdk Sep 22, 2017 11:09 am

Please remember that many of these fares were associated with the so called sale and ended 21 September when the extended sale ended.

tartempion Sep 22, 2017 12:36 pm

did not book

Although the last sale ending 21st September saw an acceptable deal on my routing BKK-BRU for spring 2018 at 3600€ for 2 pax I did not book.

I had too much stress to secure upgrades with Q Credits and miles during my last trip which ended less than one week ago. It was all very unpleasant and unsatisfactory.

I have time until early Jan 2018 preferring J but will book any real good deal showing up (thus possibly Y), particularly watching AY fares now or any 2x1 deal under 3600€ mainly EY or EK.

I doubt QR really wants customer loyalty.
2 of my upgrades needed to be secured at airport check in whilst 5 J seats were unoccupied.

Their rules and my rules don't match I guess...