Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
According to my recollection of years past, QR (like other airlines) typically rules out from any promotional fare sales a window of dates around Christmas and New Year’s. For example, latest ex-USA sale has validity through Dec. 5 only. That seems pretty early to cutoff a sale, as I’d think the first two weeks of December are pretty soft. My opinion aside, what is this forum’s memory of roughly how long the “no promotions” period around the holidays is, when QR is trying to sell its premium cabin to holiday makers willing to pay big fares to fly up front?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
Git this email about a two for one promotion from France.
Then I checked the price. Some EUR3,000 to HKG, Vietnam, even 3,300 to SIN.
SO I thought that it was for 2 pax. NO NO, this is per pax.
The usual one-stop alternative for me is BA and runs around EUR2,100.
so just go through ARN. Arrived here in SIN 3 days ago for 1600 € return from ARN. of course you always have to add positioning costs but still a big saving ex Germany.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by homer3152
so just go through ARN. Arrived here in SIN 3 days ago for 1600 € return from ARN. of course you always have to add positioning costs but still a big saving ex Germany.
Thanks. But adding a stop is already not that pleasant. I'd rather fly BA for much less or take the nonstop CX for a price close to QR one stop in the middle.
QR has a great product and I understand why they ipped their fares and charge more than BA or other airlines for a one-stop itinerary. But I am amused by their claim that it is a sale. And I searched for many dates and not in any peak periods.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
@homer: What route/airline you take from D to ARN?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
From Berlin, EasyJet is 20€.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
just received a decent offer (at least for one destination) from QR email promotion

HKG to Venice in Business for HKD 17k (USD 2200)

not sure if available to all or not?

all other J fares offered were well over USD 3k
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
But is it bookable? QR has a habit of advertising fares that don’t exist.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any thoughts for getting from Europe to Wellington (or anywhere else in New Zealand) for the period 7-9 June can arrive earlier, can leave later but I'm not seeing anything below £2,400 (CPH-AKL).
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
QR has 'HOLIDAYS' promo code for flights from Russia with discount of up to 10% from the base fares. Seems that the discounted prices are close to what some agents offer (discounts from their agent commission). Not sure if similar promotion is ran for orther origins.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:04 am

QR SYD fares

Hey all!
I'd be interested in your guys' opinion: So I've been regularly following the recent QR sales for a bit and have seen many fares starting from Europe to Asia/Africa, but none of them going to Australia.. I'm planning to fly to SYD (ex-Europe) end of August/early September and was wondering if you all think it's better to wait or book with eg. SQ for 2.300€?
​​​​

Last edited by alpha124; Apr 5, 2019 at 10:04 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I have found an ADB-MEL roundtrip Business Class fare for r/t $2300 in November 2019. The same route in Economy Class is something around r/t $800-$900.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA AVIOS , Qanats
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I have found an ADB-MEL roundtrip Business Class fare for r/t $2300 in November 2019. The same route in Economy Class is something around r/t $800-$900.
hi Which airline and any sample itinery
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Plantz
hi Which airline and any sample itinery
Qatar Airways; ADB ( Izmir, Turkey ) to MEL ( Melbourne, Australia ) via DOH ( Doha, Qatar )
Fare Class: R ( for Business Class )

One stop at DOH at both ways

QR 348/ QR 904/ QR 905 / QR 347 is the combination available
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Just received a QR email promising double Qpoints & miles combined with a 25% discount on business class. Offer valid for flights taken May 19 - Mar 20.

Tested some dates & destinations I was interested in throughout the offer period & found prices to be around double (double!) the price from last time I checked.

You couldn't make it up.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Fake Fares

Originally Posted by impeymac
Just received a QR email promising double Qpoints & miles combined with a 25% discount on business class. Offer valid for flights taken May 19 - Mar 20.

Tested some dates & destinations I was interested in throughout the offer period & found prices to be around double (double!) the price from last time I checked.

You couldn't make it up.
Same situation ex HKG. Emailed me promo J fares in the 14 to 18K (HK$) to most European destinations, book by May 4. The pop ups on this web page are reflecting my matrix searches and quoting fares 20% higher. QR marketing is just plain irritating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.