Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Yes, I did see that, unfortunately I did book the "special online business class fare on this Monday for 300 EUR more - I somehow feel fooled...
I can understand your feelings. Their sale prices are pretty erratic. Normally I used to get the best prices by flying from TXL. This seemed to stop however when they replaced the A330's by B777's. Now it can be that BKK is 700 Euros cheaper from MUC than TXL and at the same time e.g. SIN 500 Euros more expensive. Unfortunately FRA (which is by far my closest airport) very rarely wins the contest.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Platinum
I booked a HKG-MXP + ZRH-HKG (currently showing all 4 legs as Qsuite) for ~HKD18k (~USD2.3k) 2 days ago. Not sure if its a good deal at all given some of the crazy ex-EU prices.
Most EU locations are HKD17-18k (including CDG, AMS, MAN, FCO, BCN, MAD just to mention a few).

Ex-MNL can be as low as HKD14k (~USD1.8k), but adding the cost of going to MNL, the price of a overnight hotel, the risks due to typhoon season (am going in Oct), and the fact that MNL-DOH isn't a Qsuite route, felt like ex-HKG was worth the difference.

New to QR but what are the best prices that actually can be booked ex-HKG or ex-Asia??

Last edited by sparkj; Jul 15, 2019 at 4:56 am Reason: add USD prices
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by sparkj
New to QR but what are the best prices that actually can be booked ex-HKG or ex-Asia??
The best fares in East/ Southeast Asia are almost always ex-PH. Sometimes you get something from CGK or ICN, but that's about it. If you want to do a few Europe/ North Africa trips over the next few years, just "re-base" yourself to Europe using a one way award ticket, then buy Nordics-HKG tickets. It will save you a good sum.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Unionruler
The best fares in East/ Southeast Asia are almost always ex-PH. Sometimes you get something from CGK or ICN, but that's about it. If you want to do a few Europe/ North Africa trips over the next few years, just "re-base" yourself to Europe using a one way award ticket, then buy Nordics-HKG tickets. It will save you a good sum.
Thanks, do you mean to buy a one way or return from Nordics-HKG?
Say I want to go to HEL this time, and CDG next time, can I redeem award HKG-HEL, then I buy a HEL-HKG-CDG round trip for the promo fares or do I have to return to the same place?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Thanks, do you mean to buy a one way or return from Nordics-HKG?
Say I want to go to HEL this time, and CDG next time, can I redeem award HKG-HEL, then I buy a HEL-HKG-CDG round trip for the promo fares or do I have to return to the same place?
Buy returns. Return to the same place, then buy a cheap flight to get wherever you need to within Europe.
sparkj likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:29 am

I booked a HKG-MXP + ZRH-HKG (currently showing all 4 legs as Qsuite) for ~HKD18k (~USD2.3k) 2 days ago. Not sure if its a good deal at all given some of the crazy ex-EU prices.
Most EU locations are HKD17-18k (including CDG, AMS, MAN, FCO, BCN, MAD just to mention a few).

Ex-MNL can be as low as HKD14k (~USD1.8k), but adding the cost of going to MNL, the price of a overnight hotel, the risks due to typhoon season (am going in Oct), and the fact that MNL-DOH isn't a Qsuite route, felt like ex-HKG was worth the difference.

the 18k fares ex hkg??? Normally it is at least 23k? Must be some special promo?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by londonexpert

the 18k fares ex hkg??? Normally it is at least 23k? Must be some special promo?
Yes they're doing a promo on the QR site. Fare came up as Business Promo, good to know that it's a good fare from HK, really looking forward to check out the Qsuite (anticipating that 1-2 legs might get swapped though....)
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: Garudamiles, Krisflyer and Qmiles
QR has some decent sales/promo going on.
I just bought a J ticket; AMS-DOH-CGK-DOH-AMS for only 1680EUR, travelling in november/dec.
More than 500's euro cheaper compared to my last same trip in Jan-Feb.
osotoc likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:55 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by KelvinatorNL
QR has some decent sales/promo going on.
I just bought a J ticket; AMS-DOH-CGK-DOH-AMS for only 1680EUR, travelling in november/dec.
More than 500's euro cheaper compared to my last same trip in Jan-Feb.
Just noticed AMS-DOH-BKK rtn is £1400ish, assumed this is cheaper than usual.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
Do you know how these offers last/when the promotion ends please? Thanks QUOTE=PxC;31326023]Just noticed AMS-DOH-BKK rtn is £1400ish, assumed this is cheaper than usual.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Pandra; Jul 21, 2019 at 2:45 pm
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:19 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
To answer the post above, no idea sorry. I think they went up £200 or so even the next day. I've never found out how to check the rules of sales fares.

My Q...
Typically, how often do QR 'sales' fares allow trips of over 3 months? It's never been an issue before, but I want to go to Thailand Oct 1 - February and I've noticed a few of the fares won't allow this long. Half tempted to just go for Eva PE (£894 LHR-BKK) and just get the 11 hours out of the way (no such time restrictions or positioning), but no BAEC credit would be annoying, as well as not being able to pre select seats on EVA PE now. Ugh
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PxC
Typically, how often do QR 'sales' fares allow trips of over 3 months?
Almost never in my experience. Usually either a 1 or 2 month max.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Hey

Looking to try QR in J for the first time. Looking to goto Japan in Early Feb 2020 for the winter festival ( Hokkaido). What price we should pull the trigger at ex eu to Tyo. I'm sure i saw flights from Mad or Bcn earlier in the year for about £1.7k pp. All fares seam to have rocketed recently...traditionally when would fares for early next yr go on sale. Also where would u say the Tyo fare are best from?Many thxs..
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:37 am

Are you aware of the CDG-NGO fare with Etihad for about GBP 1.475 (even cheaper with OTA)? Tokyo can be easily reached by train from Nagoya.
Free hotel in AUH if you want it. Granted Etihad's J is of lesser quality but you can fly A380 + 787-10
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Looked at that fare...trying booking the rtn..lol..wants to stop 3 times in random places...if i want to return the same way..its 2.4k...got excited at that..lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.