Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thanks meelosh. Actually you need to enter the promo code QPT19 to get the 3X Bonus Qpoints
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Fromager
Just received a new message from Qatar Airways. Is it just me or does it look like the additional offers they mentioned were not mentioned in their first email?

The 3x Bonus Qpoints is particularly useful for those who want to retain Platinum/ Oneworld Emerald status.

Found several decent offers out of ARN to HKG or MNL for less than 1600 Euros netting around 120x3 = 360 Qpoints

Any direct routes or Open Jaw caught your attention in Biz?
Thetember 2020 or at least 24 hours prior to travel, whichever is earlier.
interesting this 3QP offer!

havnt got this offer yet. may be its location based? where are u based?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Account based in France. It doesn't look like a targeted offer. Just check the "My Offers" section in your dashboard
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: QR Platinum, LH Silver
Thanks meelosh. Actually you need to enter the promo code QPT19 to get the 3X Bonus Qpoints
Strange, I can see only 3xQmiles in my offer.
I will try Qpoints promo....

Book online during the offer period and earn 3x bonus Qmiles in Premium cabin. Simply enter promo code QMP19 for travel until 30 September 2020.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Account based in France. It doesn't look like a targeted offer. Just check the "My Offers" section in your dashboard
It's targeted. Check the conditions.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by toastedcafe
It's targeted. Check the conditions.
My bad. It is indeed targeted as shown in a tab called "Bonus Qpoints offer terms and conditions" "● This offer is applicable to Privilege Club main Members who receive an email communication."

Note that I have not flown a single time with Qatar over the past 11 months (preferring instead Finnair or JAL and Cathay who provide far better Emerald tier recognitions)
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:40 pm

My bad. It is indeed targeted as shown in a tab called "Bonus Qpoints offer terms and conditions" "● This offer is applicable to Privilege Club main Members who receive an email communication."

Note that I have not flown a single time with Qatar over the past 11 months (preferring instead Finnair or JAL and Cathay who provide far better Emerald tier recognitions)
I didn't fly with Qatar for a while too and got the communication. I was not planning to renew my OW status but with such an offer, it's too tempting.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by bonboncl
I didn't fly with Qatar for a while too and got the communication. I was not planning to renew my OW status but with such an offer, it's too tempting.
As mentioned by @meelosh, it looks like the BEG-HKG route offers the best value for money in terms of QPoints earned (around € 1100 for a return)
Unless there are other multi-city/complex routes exclusively on Qatar that I am not aware of...
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:21 am

As mentioned by @meelosh, it looks like the BEG-HKG route offers the best value for money in terms of QPoints earned (around € 1100 for a return)
Unless there are other multi-city/complex routes exclusively on Qatar that I am not aware of...
Monsieur Fromager,

Even if I have good memory from my last Air Serbia flight (on an AT43!), it's definitely not an easy city to position in.

I am just going to book a couple of economy tickets from CDG/BRU/AMS. That's going to be cheaper once all the costs are considered.

Also thinking to book a return flight from Australia to Europe for EUR750ish, that would already give me 258 QPoints.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Why do you guys care so much about the QPoints? If you have a chance to be in Europe, just use BA's Executive Club, fly 4 segments with BA (codeshares allowed) or IB (codeshares not allowed) + one return longhaul flight with QR (such as OSL-BKK RT) and you're already Oneworld Sapphire.
I don't really see the point with having Emerald, but if you want that, just throw in some more QR flights. That's probably more worthwhile than crediting to QRPC...
Alfredbali and blackdog047 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Why do you guys care so much about the QPoints? If you have a chance to be in Europe, just use BA's Executive Club, fly 4 segments with BA (codeshares allowed) or IB (codeshares not allowed) + one return longhaul flight with QR (such as OSL-BKK RT) and you're already Oneworld Sapphire.
I don't really see the point with having Emerald, but if you want that, just throw in some more QR flights. That's probably more worthwhile than crediting to QRPC...
Well, when you spend a couple of months in East and South East Asia each year I can tell you that the Emerald status is very useful. Besides, I personally just need one return flight in Premium with Qatar to retain Emerald.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: Some
Emerald is undeniably very valuable if either your home base or the airports you travel to frequently have separate first class facilities (e.g. HKG, LHR/LGW, HND/NRT, SYD/MEL, etc.). Whether Platinum has any value above obtaining Emerald status through another Oneworld airline is a separate question!
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:28 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
I need to fly out to MNL (or anywhere nearish, ie HKG) in October, and back to London from Bangkok (or anywhere nearish) in Feb. ExEU either side fine

This forum has been so helpful, so this is in hope as much as anything, can anyone think of any combination that will give me a cheap return? Obviously this is outside of the sale max time limits. So far the best is BEG-HKG/BKK-OSL which comes in at £1240.

Thx
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:22 am

I usually book the cheapest QR economy classes (yes!) and you only earn 80 TPs for a longhaul return on British Airways from Europe to Asia. 8 long hauls for the BA Silver status/OW Sapphire.

With this promotion, I only need 1 QR business/3 QR economy long haul flights to be Gold (i.e. OW Sapphire). Pretty decent.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Emerald is undeniably very valuable if either your home base or the airports you travel to frequently have separate first class facilities (e.g. HKG, LHR/LGW, HND/NRT, SYD/MEL, etc.). Whether Platinum has any value above obtaining Emerald status through another Oneworld airline is a separate question!
Tbh, I am thinking to go Emerald with this 3x Qpoints offer just to stop caring about miles/points for 2 years. It's a bit risky with the regular changes but so far you always get downgraded to the lowest tier on Qatar airways if you don't qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.