Sale Fares Discussion

Old Jun 21, 19, 1:00 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller999 View Post
Yes, I did see that, unfortunately I did book the "special online business class fare on this Monday for 300 EUR more - I somehow feel fooled...
I can understand your feelings. Their sale prices are pretty erratic. Normally I used to get the best prices by flying from TXL. This seemed to stop however when they replaced the A330's by B777's. Now it can be that BKK is 700 Euros cheaper from MUC than TXL and at the same time e.g. SIN 500 Euros more expensive. Unfortunately FRA (which is by far my closest airport) very rarely wins the contest.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Yesterday, 4:52 am

I booked a HKG-MXP + ZRH-HKG (currently showing all 4 legs as Qsuite) for ~HKD18k (~USD2.3k) 2 days ago. Not sure if its a good deal at all given some of the crazy ex-EU prices.
Most EU locations are HKD17-18k (including CDG, AMS, MAN, FCO, BCN, MAD just to mention a few).

Ex-MNL can be as low as HKD14k (~USD1.8k), but adding the cost of going to MNL, the price of a overnight hotel, the risks due to typhoon season (am going in Oct), and the fact that MNL-DOH isn't a Qsuite route, felt like ex-HKG was worth the difference.

New to QR but what are the best prices that actually can be booked ex-HKG or ex-Asia??

Last edited by sparkj; Yesterday at 4:56 am Reason: add USD prices
Old Yesterday, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, AS MVPG, SQ *G
Originally Posted by sparkj View Post
New to QR but what are the best prices that actually can be booked ex-HKG or ex-Asia??
The best fares in East/ Southeast Asia are almost always ex-PH. Sometimes you get something from CGK or ICN, but that's about it. If you want to do a few Europe/ North Africa trips over the next few years, just "re-base" yourself to Europe using a one way award ticket, then buy Nordics-HKG tickets. It will save you a good sum.
Old Today, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Unionruler View Post
The best fares in East/ Southeast Asia are almost always ex-PH. Sometimes you get something from CGK or ICN, but that's about it. If you want to do a few Europe/ North Africa trips over the next few years, just "re-base" yourself to Europe using a one way award ticket, then buy Nordics-HKG tickets. It will save you a good sum.
Thanks, do you mean to buy a one way or return from Nordics-HKG?
Say I want to go to HEL this time, and CDG next time, can I redeem award HKG-HEL, then I buy a HEL-HKG-CDG round trip for the promo fares or do I have to return to the same place?