Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Just received that "Not Enough Qpoints To Upgrade To Next Tier" mail and checked my already booked late April J trip with TK at 1700€, that would cost me 4.000€ within 100€ from Thai pricing direct flight BKK-BRU A350 metal, Thank you QR and TH, I pass.

Yes flying QR J is a better experience than TK but at 1700€ booked at the right moment (no announcement, regularly checking their prices)
I need two more TK J tickets for later 2019 travel and got gold *A flying 3 returns last year.
I did love the upper deck J cabin on the QR A380, but that is no more neither, thus no regrets.
I don't like the QR 2-2-2 seating on B777 neither (TK A330/300 also), the TK 2h lasting food ceremony is somewhat too much for me, but I'll do with that...
I do miss the QR globetrotter promotion that got me plat a few years back, but no more QR on pricing.

I don't think TK's FF program is any better but their IST biz lounge was the best, I write "was" because on 03 march all TK flights will be using the new IST airport, seems that airport will have 5 different biz lounges. An other good news is TK is opening a biz lounge at BKK within 30 days. I never made the new QR BKK lounge but have the *A gold lounge access (manny BKK lounges to choose from), curious to visit this new TK lounge in april...

Last edited by tartempion; Jan 30, 2019 at 12:33 pm
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
During their sale from Scandinavia last November, we booked OSL-SIN/HKG-ARN in busines class for March/April for about 1670Euros. A few weeks ago, they had another sale from Scandinavia and the same booking, although starting and ending in ARN would have cost about 1400EUR so I guess we should have waited for that. Today, I received another email for same sort of sale and for the same dates, it now costs 2000EUR so we are glad we booked last November. It is interesting how QR makes their sale, you just never know the right time to book
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
It is interesting how QR makes their sale, you just never know the right time to book
IME no different from CX or AA.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by tartempion
Just received that "Not Enough Qpoints To Upgrade To Next Tier" mail and checked my already booked late April J trip with TK at 1700€, that would cost me 4.000€ within 100€ from Thai pricing direct flight BKK-BRU A350 metal, Thank you QR and TH, I pass.
Yes flying QR J is a better experience than TK but at 1700€ booked at the right moment (no announcement, regularly checking their prices)
I am in the same situation: I absolutely love QR's product - the crews, the aircrafts, the cabins, Doha airport. Everything is just great. But the current pricing is just off.
I have flown QR several times per year for many years, but 2019 will be the first year without any QR trip.
Just booked TK AMS-BKK for New Year 2019/2020 for 1.600 EUR - QR is 2.300 EUR and I don't have much hope for a sale (they usually exclude Christmas/New Year anyway),
TK is not as polished as QR but also enjoyable - the crews are very friendly and I am excited to try the new airport.

Not complaining, since it's QR's commercial decision - they have a superior product, so they can charge a premium for it. On my last flights with QR, the cabins were full, so I guess there is no need for the good old sales fares anymore :-/
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
I came to the same conclusion. No use to wait for low fares. Booked all trips for 2019 already. 5 long hauls 3 to Asia 1 to Australia 1 to US none of them with Qatar. Lets see if 2020 is better Qatar year.

Last edited by Rifter; Feb 3, 2019 at 1:23 am Reason: Typos
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
Not complaining, since it's QR's commercial decision - they have a superior product, so they can charge a premium for it. On my last flights with QR, the cabins were full, so I guess there is no need for the good old sales fares anymore :-/
I tend to agree with you. On my last few flights with them they were almost always full. Personally I go out of my way to fly them rather than any European carrier. I have the option of flying EK direct from my local airport but I normally take a flight down to LHR so I can fly qSuites for same price.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:14 am

Re: Not waiting for better pricing. The flight I booked SOF-DOH-SIN-DOH-ARN priced at 5k EUR for 4 PAX. I probably booked that the first week of Jan, wondering (worrying) if anything better was going to come along. But, no Global Travel Boutique this year. By the 4th week of Jan, that itinerary was pricing at 12k EUR, which is insane. Now it's back down to around 7k EUR.

In other words, yes, there is something just *off* about current pricing. It's all over the place.
Modo and citytom like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
40% off sale from Russia, seems to be a valentine special, until 14th Feb, Not ideal for many I know, but we got reasonably good deal DME-HKT, £1400
citytom likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Today got the email with Valentine's Day promo, just prices (no companion offers) no discounts found on my routes though, but may be you could see some?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: BA executive club
Who do you receive the email from? I signed up for Privilege Club in order to receive emails around sales and special fares, but never received anything like that.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Gobber
Today got the email with Valentine's Day promo, just prices (no companion offers) no discounts found on my routes though, but may be you could see some?
Also received a mail but there is no mention to Valentin’s day. In any case, ex BCN, BKK 2750€ ppax,Colombo 2570€ ppax,....lately QR it is always the most expensive option
Modo likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:32 am

got it too, and it clearly states valentines day companion offer (2pax):

book before 14.feb 2018, travel before 10.dec 2019

its not mind blowing, but VIE-BKK for 1.779 is not bad either.

but funny is the booking date! not sure how to book before 14.feb 2018 *gg*

and it still falls into the 2xQmiles and 2x Qpoints promo too

but unfortunately im travelling solo, so not much of use to me!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by fgw_
got it too, and it clearly states valentines day companion offer (2pax):

book before 14.feb 2018, travel before 10.dec 2019

its not mind blowing, but VIE-BKK for 1.779 is not bad either.

but funny is the booking date! not sure how to book before 14.feb 2018 *gg*

and it still falls into the 2xQmiles and 2x Qpoints promo too

but unfortunately im travelling solo, so not much of use to me!
Did you find available dates for the 1.779, or is it just mentioned in the adv?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Traveller999
Did you find available dates for the 1.779, or is it just mentioned in the adv?
did not check as im travelling solo anyway, but here we go:

outbound 5.mar until 8.mar (all dates)
inbound 26.mar until 1.apr (all dates)

for about 1.775eur per pax

if travelling solo it would be around 2.100eur

looks like a promo for some destinations only, cause checking VIE-SIN reveals about 3.000eur per pax no matter solo or partner

other destins for similar rate like BKK would be CPT, HKT, but didnt verify this myself, just what adv says
Traveller999 likes this.

Last edited by fgw_; Feb 7, 2019 at 7:12 am
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by fgw_
did not check as im travelling solo anyway, but here we go:

outbound 5.mar until 8.mar (all dates)
inbound 26.mar until 1.apr (all dates)

for about 1.775eur per pax

looks like a promo for some destinations only, cause checking VIE-SIN reveals about 3.000eur per pax no matter solo or partner
if travelling solo it would be around 2.100eur
Thank you! I was just curious, because I did try to find ex MUC something suitable as advertised, but could not, at least not at my preferred dates and its the same for me - travelling alone ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.