Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by mr_botak
I'm considering the ARN-SIN deal. Would appreciate any input on the transit experience at ARN coming from a BA flight to QR please. Looks like terminal 2 to 5. Crucially, is this an all airside transfer? I read something that suggests it is necessary to enter Sweden to transfer between terminals. I'll be doing this in April, and mindful of certain complications for UK passport holders that may exist, I'm keen to avoid EU borders. Any help much appreciated please.
There’s a thread somewhere on FT on this, I believe there is an airside shuttle bus, but not even the airport staff know where it departs (I recently walked past the door by chance). Apparently it runs like once or twice per hour and nobody knows when, you might be standing in a crowded bus for 20 minutes before it starts going etc., though the ride takes just five minutes.
Spare yourself the trouble. Immigration at ARN is usually really fast and it’s just a 10 minute walk.

Edit - found the thread:
Check in @ [ARN] T2 - can I get to T5 airside?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: EC Silver FC Silver
@gregorio1: Second your view that it is a good fare, and unlikely to be bettered in January - plus I love Singapore these days, some amazing hotels at great prices.

Sadly I think this is as good as the sale is going to get in January. I don't think the big announcement on Jan 17th will have anything to do with a Sale though will be keeping a watchful eye on prices over the next week.

Ironically, American had a flash sale yesterday worth 640 BA TPs for £1040 from Inverness (what I booked) plus a crazy Helsinki routing worth 960TP for a few £hundred more - now I'm just baulking at the price of hotels compared to SIN.

Perhaps that move by AA will embolden Qatar to bring in some bigger discounts this month. It wouldn't be a wise move to make some completely unrelated announcement on the 17th after a half-baked sale up to the 16th - but that doesn't mean it wont happen.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Originally Posted by Modo
e-mail on Thursday January 3 announcing fares that are at least 40% cheaper than are actually available!

I know QR often take time to load sale fares but this e-mail is just ridiculous. Man in Y 3310 HK$ - cheapest available any future date HK£5,300+. Same for several other featured destinations.

QR prices for all featured destinations in the email aren't even in the matrix top 20 in any cabin.
Best I've seen so far from this side of the world is ex-KTM on the QR Nepal site:

KTM-ZRH cheapest at US$1710 / HK$13,400 in J
KTM-LON is US$2080 / HK$16,300 in J

QR China website reckons RMB 13,890 (HK$15,890) for CKG-LHR in J
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mr_botak
I'm considering the ARN-SIN deal. Would appreciate any input on the transit experience at ARN coming from a BA flight to QR please. Looks like terminal 2 to 5. Crucially, is this an all airside transfer? I read something that suggests it is necessary to enter Sweden to transfer between terminals. I'll be doing this in April, and mindful of certain complications for UK passport holders that may exist, I'm keen to avoid EU borders. Any help much appreciated please.
I've done the bus between T2-T5. You go to a specific bus gate and there is a button you push to request a bus. Within 15 min a bus shows up to convey you (and likely no one else to the other terminal). Your carry on will be scanned before getting on the bus. In T2 do NOT go through immigration. There is a tiny sign that says Transit. You have to push another button and someone will come to a small room to scan your stuff and let you into airside. NB you cannot do this with checked in luggage. Why bother you ask? I save four (4) stamps in my passport out/inbound that's why! Otherwise it is about a twenty minute walk landside.
mr_botak, Sprodo and Gobber like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonours Gold.
Hi all,

I know it’s difficult to know for definite but would you expect to see some good deals to SYD from 17th?

thanks in advance.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: BA AVIOS , Qanats
best fares at the moment are from Colombo , Sri Lanka
Specials To JFK and LHR
example
CMB LHR on Saudia 1134$ US
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: EC Silver FC Silver
Originally Posted by thepinkponce
Hi all,

I know it’s difficult to know for definite but would you expect to see some good deals to SYD from 17th?

thanks in advance.
What is your risk appetite? GOT - SYD is currently hovering around/below the £2k amount. I know this route has dropped to £1350 in the past, but given the sales of late I wouldn't hang around until the 17th to be disappointed.

At the very least you could pay to reserve a fare on the 16th - then cancel and book if a better rate becomes available on the 17th.

Personally, I am giving up on Qatar for this membership year. Two years ago was TXL-SIN for £850, last year was HEL-HND for 1200, this year I would only be tempted by £1290 ARN to SIN. Of course I am still on the lookout for a Satay fare.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
They followed up with a new ex HKG email quoting Edinburgh at below HK$3K, yesterday (Monday Jan 7). You can't see anything below 5.3K and irritatingly the pop up ads on this website are quoting the rea prices.

My UK account is getting offers that are just ridiculously expensive compared to BA or CX.

The only slightly sensible prices I'm seeing from this part of Asia are in J ex MNL
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:33 am

Australia or NZ

Hello everyone, I am looking for business class from Europe to Australia or New Zealand with QR in the period 11.4. - 15.5.2019 (21-25 nights), approx. 1500-1900 € return. Can you help me please? Thank you
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Thanks - really helpful.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
BHX-HKG

im sitting waiting for a sale fare to HKG from BHX in April. I might be wasting my time?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
im sitting waiting for a sale fare to HKG from BHX in April. I might be wasting my time?
you need to secure your connecting flight to ARN and fly in style to HKG for 1,640EUR, but then again, Brexit deadline on March29, everyone will inflate the price in pounds anyway, go to ABBA Land!
Abyssin likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:02 pm

QR YUL-BKK/KUL/DAD in J (with QSuites) from $2,300 USD
wickedkhalsa likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
Good fare, but one swallow does not a summer make. We need more swallows, I think.
Abyssin likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Grace B
Good fare, but one swallow does not a summer make. We need more swallows, I think.
Never mind swallows. Give us Sake and Satay fares! Or at least £1,500 J fares to AUS/NZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.