Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by nikbruno
JFK-SIN at 3,200 ain't bad either. Do all these fares require a week stay tho? That's all I see
It was only $1758 last year!
haroon145 and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: CO
Originally Posted by dogloverjb
It was only $1758 last year!
And I bought 2 of those, but who cares? $3,200 is the current sale and it's still a nice fare for Qsuites
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
I received this morning an email concerning an online-Sale ex-Thailand, " Last-minute online-only offers. Save up to 40%." , book by 10th June for flights until 5th December , and plugged-in some dates in August for a possible extra-trip back to London.

The saving was less-than £20, and one can obtain a better reduction than that, just by using Skyscanner and an OTA ! Unimpressive.
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
I received this morning an email concerning an online-Sale ex-Thailand, " Last-minute online-only offers. Save up to 40%." , book by 10th June for flights until 5th December , and plugged-in some dates in August for a possible extra-trip back to London.

The saving was less-than £20, and one can obtain a better reduction than that, just by using Skyscanner and an OTA ! Unimpressive.
Yes, got the same and I just can agree - it´s again one of the "fake save sales" ;-)
Unfortunately no REAL sale at QR since almost January, if I remember right.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Yes, got the same and I just can agree - it´s again one of the "fake save sales" ;-)
Correct, I'm flying tommorrow on a ticket costing B24.5k, which when-purchased seemed fully-priced but at-least carried double-Qmiles (Hah ! So they Got me there ! I freely admit it !), so now offering me "up to 40% off" which turns out to be over B26k just doesn't cut it !

Either QR will get serious about Sales, or their load-factors will continue to be worryingly-poor, I wonder what their American-consultants' views are ?

I'd love (purely out of business-interest) to be a fly-on-the-wall in AAB's office, when these decisions are being discussed/made, in fact (if I'm honest) I'd love to be in there myself ... fighting to keep QR going, through these difficult times ! Rising to challenges like these is the true test of management !
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:38 pm

Correct, I'm flying tommorrow on a ticket costing B24.5k, which when-purchased seemed fully-priced but at-least carried double-Qmiles (Hah ! So they Got me there ! I freely admit it !), so now offering me "up to 40% off" which turns out to be over B26k just doesn't cut it !

Either QR will get serious about Sales, or their load-factors will continue to be worryingly-poor, I wonder what their American-consultants' views are ?
Maybe the american consultants are working according the principle "America First" ;-) hahah

I'd love (purely out of business-interest) to be a fly-on-the-wall in AAB's office, when these decisions are being discussed/made, in fact (if I'm honest) I'd [b]love to be in there myself ... fighting to keep QR going, through these difficult times ! Rising to challenges like these is the true test of management !
Then we are already two :-)
Cost cuts derived from cutting back benefits, massive devaluating miles and increasing prices, are measures EVERYBODY can do. But to overcome challenging times with "cleverness" happens not often these days .... unfortunately. But it shows what kind of management is working, a good one ore a bad one ;-)
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:38 am

There was not too bad offer in February, aka "Valentine Day Offer" - 2 tickets with good discount. Got 2x tickets in Y LHR-DPS-LHR for about £480 each.
On other side, could get the same tickets with Garuda for about £380...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
...no REAL sale at QR since almost January, if I remember right.
Yes, I generally agree with what you're saying, but what about the recent CGK-MXP fare for $1300ish (which I booked)?

There can be the odd gem out there, even in these difficult times.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Grace B
Yes, I generally agree with what you're saying, but what about the recent CGK-MXP fare for $1300ish (which I booked)?

There can be the odd gem out there, even in these difficult times.
Great deal, I agree - but no one at my routes.....
But I cannot go to Indonesia or Italy, just to get such an offer ;-)

Last edited by Traveller999; Jun 6, 2018 at 5:15 am
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:20 am

Any danger of a sale any time soon?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:27 am

Talking

Originally Posted by DannoTheManno
Any danger of a sale any time soon?
Sounds like QR Corporate Headquarters talking.

I would choose the words hope of a real good old January like sale.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:56 am

With any luck they'll see the end of H1 racing up on them and will launch a huge sale to fill some seats for the rest of the year...
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
Sounds like QR Corporate Headquarters talking.

I would choose the words hope of a real good old January like sale.
£1,000 / 241 biz class Europe to RoW is what I am after
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA
I am trying to book their "promo" fare (W class in economy) from Munich to BKK. Sadly the promo fare saves only 20 euros round trip but still cheap one. I can price it around 470Euros round trip but as soon as I add a stopover the price hike to over 700 something (jumps to S class). W classes are available almost every day I look at and the fare rules say 1 stop-over in DOH is allowed, so technically, I should be able to get the W fares with a stopover in Doh for 2 days. What am I missing? Is there a way to add a stopover with the promo fare?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:05 pm

Sale

how to find the best deals for Qatar airways

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.