Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 3:19 pm

anyone have any working discount codes for business class?
Old May 7, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by capt787
anyone have any working discount codes for business class?
There's a couple of 48h sales (05/08 - 05/09). No codes.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:24 am

Any link?
Old May 8, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
HEL for instance
Old May 8, 2018, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by nilsfr69
HEL for instance
No real headliner....right? not that I can see...
Old May 8, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Try SOF maybe.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
It's been very quiet for sales & promotions for almost a month now, and we're seeing several posters describe very-empty recent-flights on QR, is this normal pre/during the Ramadan holiday or is this due to a possible strategic change, would people say ?

If we are about to see consolidations and flight-reductions, which is one logical response (to my lowly beancounters' brain, at least !) to low load-factors and the recently-announced last-years' losses, then IMO Ramadan is an odd time to do it ... I always remember my old factory-manager (in the Yemen) saying he never made any important decisions during the month, because his judgement was off while fasting.

Equally some concerted sales-promotions might yet generate a lot of extra (if lower yielding) business for the summer-season, so if the forecasts are currently showing a poor future then could we be about to see a sudden burst of activity ? As an optimist i would hope this is the explanation.

But meanwhile it's quiet ... too quiet ?
Old May 25, 2018, 9:33 am

Way too quiet. Emirates was kind enough to email a decent lineup for a US Memorial Day Sale. Not a thing from QR.

edit:

Got the monster savings Memorial Day Sale email from QR

Embrace the unofficial start of summer with an exciting getaway. Enjoy a special discount of $50* off Economy Class and $100* off Business Class on already great fares to over 15 destinations.

Take your pick from Bangkok, Singapore, Delhi and many more destinations. Simply enter promo code: QRSUN when you exclusively book on qatarairways.com.

Don't miss out—book by May 28, 2018 for travel from July 11, 2018 through March 30, 2019.*

Last edited by NJSwamplands; May 25, 2018 at 10:09 am Reason: email came after i hit submit hmmmmmmm
Old May 27, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
I need to book several Far East trips in the next few weeks so am keeping my fingers crossed for something decent fairly soon. As noted above, there hasn't been much worth talking about for some while now.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mike P
I need to book several Far East trips in the next few weeks so am keeping my fingers crossed for something decent fairly soon. As noted above, there hasn't been much worth talking about for some while now.
To be honest I don't there will be much unless the airline starts to make some money. They just devalued their FF program by 40% overnight without any notice. If they are making huge losses would selling dirt cheap Biz fares really help?
Old May 28, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by onlysuites
To be honest I don't there will be much unless the airline starts to make some money. They just devalued their FF program by 40% overnight without any notice. If they are making huge losses would selling dirt cheap Biz fares really help?
A paying passenger does create revenue, but a passenger who decides to go with other airlines does not ;-) so promotions in all 3 classes would be helpful - at least in my opinion.
Richard Bell likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by onlysuites
If there are planes going with empty seats (and there are multiple reports of pretty low loads) then yes, cheap business class fares would help I suspect. I do feel for people caught up in FF devaluation - ouch.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by Traveller999
A paying passenger does create revenue, but a passenger who decides to go with other airlines does not ;-) so promotions in all 3 classes would be helpful - at least in my opinion.
That is spot-on IMO.

The high costs of operating a scheduled-network are relatively-fixed (unless you slash the network & farm-out/sell the aircraft), so are the overheads of the Qatar head-office & systems, and the marginal-cost of an extra passenger (in any class) is relatively-low, so QR should be trying very hard to fill those seats in times like these.

Almost ANY marginal-contribution towards those fairly-fixed costs would reduce the overall-losses, added to which it will be relatively-easier to raise revenue-quality and restore profitability once the situation normalises, if the airline is still popular & well-used by the travelling-public when the time comes.

Having a reputation for being unloved & over-priced would however be a significant future problem.

So this is definitely not the time to become uncompetitive-on-price with the other M-E based airlines, who must already be welcoming the benefits of the diverted-traffic, which used to flow via Doha. There may well be cultural or political considerations involved, but from a purely business POV, there are good sound marketing & financial reasons to try to fill those empty-seats !
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
When it comes to this stuff, I have no principles and am a complete mercenary. Right now, given the devaluation and the plethora of 2× mileage redemptions for award tickets, I'm flying QR (for a superior product at a low price) and crediting to AA. If QRPC becomes more attractive again, I'll come right back.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Would it make sense to credit to AA instead of BAEC for somebody based in Europe? I like that AA doesn't charge YQ for awards. But I guess I'd lose lounge access in the US (which isn't that much of a problem).
I'm currently BAEC Gold (OW Emerald). The only true benefit I see is having access to first class lounges, the rest you also get as Sapphire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.