Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Does anyone have any experience getting check-in staff at PRG airport to interline baggage from a QR flight to a CX flight please? Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Does anyone have any experience getting check-in staff at PRG airport to interline baggage from a QR flight to a CX flight please? Thanks.
I would like to bump this question as I might be in a similar situation next month. Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:06 am

They should be able to do it. If not, u can ask the transfer desk.in Hong Kong to tag for you without leaving the immigration area.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by tboons
They should be able to do it. If not, u can ask the transfer desk.in Hong Kong to tag for you without leaving the immigration area.
Really? I knew they did something like that for Macau transfers but didnt realize the transfer desk could do this for these situations. Good to know, thanks. Another reason to like HKG.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:25 am

mcgahat since CX is a Oneworld partner there should be no problem in through checking your baggage.
With non OW members it is not usually possible.
But do remember that check-in staff are not usually QR staff and may not yet know that through checking is permitted.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I would like to bump this question as I might be in a similar situation next month. Thanks.
Originally Posted by remdk
mcgahat since CX is a Oneworld partner there should be no problem in through checking your baggage. With non OW members it is not usually possible. But do remember that check-in staff are not usually QR staff and may not yet know that through checking is permitted.
Note that this is very much airport dependent. As a result, it never hurts to ask, even if the rules say No.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Has anyone got recent positive experiences of through checking to non-OW (in my case, SK) on separate PNRs? Trying to decide if it's even worth asking or not!!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:51 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by tboons
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Really? I knew they did something like that for Macau transfers but didnt realize the transfer desk could do this for these situations. Good to know, thanks. Another reason to like HKG.
There are reports that CX sent out a notification this year telling travel agents they will no longer do this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:46 am

orbitmic I think you will find that QR will through check to SK if it is on the same PNR, otherwise it is not normally possible.
However QR appear to recently updated their agreements with SK to include several feeder flights such as BLL (Billind) and AAL (Aalborg) .
It can take a very long time for these changes to reach check-in staff so do ask and report back.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Worth to try.

I will be in the same situation in the end of January.

No problems for interlining with lx and lh before (and opposite same) / different PNR.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: HH S*G SPG FPC
Hi I've got a flight with 3 hours connection time on two PNRs. QR PNR is KUL-DOH-ARN and then BA PNR is ARN-LHR. I tweeted QRSupport official twitter channel to confirm if they will interline the baggage check to final destination LHR at KUL airport and they said no. Can someone with a recent experience confirm if the policy by QR on interlining baggage with OW partners on separate tickets especially BA has changed again?
I've heard that ARN is a difficult airport to navigate between T5 (QR flight arrival) and T2 (BA Flight departure) so not sure my 3 hour connection is sufficient to allow me time to go through immigration, collect luggage, transfer terminal and also do checkin, security and immigration again to get to my connecting BA flight. TIA for any light anyone can shed on this.

Last edited by redkitty; Jan 5, 2018 at 5:35 am
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:23 am

redkitty as a rule QR will thrugh check baggage to other OW airlines on separate tickets. There are a number of posts on this thread where through checking to BA at ARN has happened. If there is any problem then it must be at KUL where QR interlining rules are not being adhered to.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: HH S*G SPG FPC
Originally Posted by remdk
redkitty as a rule QR will thrugh check baggage to other OW airlines on separate tickets. There are a number of posts on this thread where through checking to BA at ARN has happened. If there is any problem then it must be at KUL where QR interlining rules are not being adhered to.
thanks remdk. I did see that in older respones but wasn’t Sure if something’s changed recently. This was the response from the official QRSupport twitter account that I got stating they will not interline for seperate PNRs only up to final destination on ththe QR PNR. I have not asked at KUL airport as yet.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
Sharing my experiences from the BKK-SOF return with a separate connection to LHR. The check-in staff in Thailand tagged my bags through to LHR without any issue.

After disembarking, and despite the signage for connecting passengers, we were herded together with arrival passengers through passport control. At this stage I got a funny feeling and decided to stick around near the baggage carousel for a few minutes and sure enough our bags were on there. Not seeing any official staff besides customs I decided to proceed to the arrivals/departures hall and re-check bags with BA.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:51 pm

My flight in May will be MNL-DOH-MAD on QR and then MAD-SVQ on IB (operated by Iberia Express). These two are on separate PNRs. I also have a 3 hour connection time in MAD. I tried to ask both QR and IB if I could through check my luggage to SVQ.

QR: As we have noted that you are holding reservations on 2 separate tickets, we strongly recommend that you liaise with the Qatar Airways local office at the point of embarkation way in advance. Our colleagues at the local airport office will be in a better position to advise you if your baggage can be through checked to your final destination.

IB: When dealing with different reservations, it will be necessary to pick up your suitcase in Madrid and re-pass control to board your flight to Seville.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.