Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Ahri1993
Hi, in April I will be making a 27 hour journey from Seoul to Porto taking route ICN - DOH - BCN - OPO, all booked together on a single PRN with QR flight numbers, with BCN - OPO operated by Vueling. I've never really flown an itinerary like this before, so want to just ask a few things.

Firstly, will the staff at ICN check my bag all the way to OPO? Or will I be given the option to chose BCN? Given the layover at BCN is 6 hours, would collecting and re-checking in BCN reduce the risk of them going missing? Or do I just trust the system.
They will check them through since it's same ticket. Collecting and re-checking your luggage will reduce the risk of them go missing. Spanish carriers are not the most organized airlines and their customer service is not the finest.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:53 am

Programs: CX Gold, KE Morning Calm, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Rain187
I will be travelling on a separate ticket from BCN to HKG, where BCN-DOH-ICN is on a QR ticket and ICN-HKG is on a CX ticket. Given that I only have 2hr40mins transfer time in ICN, will be less hustle if can get all the bag check through. Will QR agents at BCN able to perform this check through to HKG?
Couldn't find anything now on QR site but only a sentence that "If you are holding a non-Qatar Airways ticket for a connection afterwards, you will need to hold immigration approval to land at the final city in your itinerary that is ticketed by Qatar Airways" which still give no clues if they will do the check through.
UPDATE: Just finished my trip and would like to update my situation.
When I checked in at BCN, I politely asked if they could check thru my separate ticket from ICN to HKG. At first, the answer was NO as the check in agent (not wearing Qatar uniform) said that she couldn't find my booking in the system. Well, that's true, she even had not asked my booking reference of my another ticket yet so how could she find it. And then she said they can only check through separate ticket on same airline (which means Qatar only). But I was not convinced and would still want to try out again, so I told her that my ticket is with an Oneworld airline but she didn't even understand what Oneworld is and kept saying no, they can't do the check through. I was about to give up and just tried my last attempt by saying I did it before and finally she said she would ask about it. Surprisingly, once she asked her colleague who was in Qatar uniform, the staff just asked what airline I will be connected and if I have any right to land in HK and then simply they could check-through it. So I got all three boarding pass and all my bags sent to HKG directly.

One good point is that they even arranged someone holding my name for transit to HKG at the arrival gate in ICN which was not expected (transit time has 2.5 hour though).

And I also find out later that the CX flight I connected was a co-share flight with QR too. Not sure if this help for the check-thru too.

Anyway, to sum up, better find an experienced agent at check-in, preferably someone wearing the airline uniform, if any, as they seem to have more power/ knowledgeable to handle a more "complicated" situation.
babyg_wc and SYD_cida like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:35 am

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Rain187
Anyway, to sum up, better find an experienced agent at check-in, preferably someone wearing the airline uniform, if any, as they seem to have more power/ knowledgeable to handle a more "complicated" situation.
Correct, usually if the check in staff is unable to do it, I tend to just tell them I've done it before and ask them to check with their station manager / supervisor, and usually that will be enough to get my bags checked through.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 10:00 am

Does anyone know if QR interline onto SriLankan? I'm considering DOH-MLE to MLE-CMB (separate tickets) with a 1h30 layover in CMB.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
AS they are both oneworld carries, yes, QR should interline across tickets. You may get pushback at your checkin station (especially Europe), if you do ask to speak to an actual QR employee.
zcd9986 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by zcd9986
Does anyone know if QR interline onto SriLankan? I'm considering DOH-MLE to MLE-CMB (separate tickets) with a 1h30 layover in CMB.
DO you mean 1h30 layover in MLE?
That is a very short connection. If your QR flight is delayed, tou would not be protected.

One World policy of checking through on separate tickets is long gone.
And QR policy has also been removed from its website. It is up to the agent in your origin airport.
QR codeshares on UL flights, so that might help.
zcd9986 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by brunos
DO you mean 1h30 layover in MLE?
That is a very short connection. If your QR flight is delayed, tou would not be protected.

And QR policy has also been removed from its website. It is up to the agent in your origin airport.
Thanks for the insight... will opt for a longer connection in MLE.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:18 am

Qatar still has the policy of interlining on their website today April 24, 2024. https://www.qatarairways.com/en-nz/a...msm_moved.html

Qatar Airways is pleased to offer passengers the courtesy of through check-in of themselves and their bags to their final destination when travelling on multi-sector journeys involving connections onto other oneworld member airlines, even when the trip is booked using separate tickets."”

Originally Posted by brunos

Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Non Compos Mentis
Qatar still has the policy of interlining on their website today April 24, 2024. https://www.qatarairways.com/en-nz/a...msm_moved.html

Qatar Airways is pleased to offer passengers the courtesy of through check-in of themselves and their bags to their final destination when travelling on multi-sector journeys involving connections onto other oneworld member airlines, even when the trip is booked using separate tickets."”
You refer to a page that has been removed from the official website. See the oneworld_msm_moved.html at the end of the page.

If you connect to the official website for NZ you can see that the benefit "through check-in" has been removed like on all other countries.
Non Compos Mentis likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 1:31 am

Does anyone have experience checking bags straight through on two separate tickets (QR to QR) at CMB specifically - pre or post the language removal? The language seems to focus oneworld interlining, but I assume it also applies QR to QR? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.