FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Interlining (Baggage)
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:53 am
Rain187

Programs: CX Gold, KE Morning Calm, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Rain187
I will be travelling on a separate ticket from BCN to HKG, where BCN-DOH-ICN is on a QR ticket and ICN-HKG is on a CX ticket. Given that I only have 2hr40mins transfer time in ICN, will be less hustle if can get all the bag check through. Will QR agents at BCN able to perform this check through to HKG?
Couldn't find anything now on QR site but only a sentence that "If you are holding a non-Qatar Airways ticket for a connection afterwards, you will need to hold immigration approval to land at the final city in your itinerary that is ticketed by Qatar Airways" which still give no clues if they will do the check through.
UPDATE: Just finished my trip and would like to update my situation.
When I checked in at BCN, I politely asked if they could check thru my separate ticket from ICN to HKG. At first, the answer was NO as the check in agent (not wearing Qatar uniform) said that she couldn't find my booking in the system. Well, that's true, she even had not asked my booking reference of my another ticket yet so how could she find it. And then she said they can only check through separate ticket on same airline (which means Qatar only). But I was not convinced and would still want to try out again, so I told her that my ticket is with an Oneworld airline but she didn't even understand what Oneworld is and kept saying no, they can't do the check through. I was about to give up and just tried my last attempt by saying I did it before and finally she said she would ask about it. Surprisingly, once she asked her colleague who was in Qatar uniform, the staff just asked what airline I will be connected and if I have any right to land in HK and then simply they could check-through it. So I got all three boarding pass and all my bags sent to HKG directly.

One good point is that they even arranged someone holding my name for transit to HKG at the arrival gate in ICN which was not expected (transit time has 2.5 hour though).

And I also find out later that the CX flight I connected was a co-share flight with QR too. Not sure if this help for the check-thru too.

Anyway, to sum up, better find an experienced agent at check-in, preferably someone wearing the airline uniform, if any, as they seem to have more power/ knowledgeable to handle a more "complicated" situation.