QR Interlining (Baggage)

Old Dec 4, 2023, 6:15 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I am flying Osl-Doh-BKK in March I am positioning on BA from LHR would the BA agents check my luggage through?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 6:51 am

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I am flying Osl-Doh-BKK in March I am positioning on BA from LHR would the BA agents check my luggage through?
BA would never check through luggage even if you are flying on separate BA tickets on BA flights. It's just their policy.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by billy.f
BA would never check through luggage even if you are flying on separate BA tickets on BA flights. It's just their policy.
Thanks, I have enough time to collect and recheck in @ OSL
Old Dec 4, 2023, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Thanks, I have enough time to collect and recheck in @ OSL
Sounds like you've already booked your flights, but next time or for anyone else taking advantage of cheaper ex-OSL fares, Oslo is well worth making time for even just a 6-8 hour same-day transit at least once on your travels.

An easy train ride to the city (take the local train which has the same journey time but much lower price). It's compact for a wander around, and an hour at each of the Nobel Centre, seeing some Edvard Munch paintings in the flesh (night and day, a bit like seeing other overly familiar stuff like Warhol artworks in the flesh), and a stroll up the Opera House roof are well worth a half day detour at least once (and there's more of course). The airport is a fairly anodyne place to spend a few hours just to ensure you avoid a misconnect on separate tickets
Pegasus42 likes this.

Last edited by KingCanute; Dec 4, 2023 at 8:39 pm
Old Dec 4, 2023, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by KingCanute
Sounds like you've already booked your flights, but next time or for anyone else taking advantage of cheaper ex-OSL fares, Oslo is well worth making time for even just a 6-8 hour same-day transit at least once on your travels.

An easy train ride to the city (take the local train which has the same journey time but much lower price). It's compact for a wander around, and an hour at each of the Nobel Centre, seeing some Edvard Munch paintings in the flesh (light and day, a bit like seeing other overly familiar stuff like Warhol artworks in the flesh), and a stroll up the Opera House roof are well worth a half day detour at least once (and there's more of course). The airport is a fairly anodyne place to spend a few hours just to ensure you avoid a misconnect on separate tickets
I have had the pleasure of visiting the city centre on previous trips. But thanks for the tips, you are always helpful.
KingCanute likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 1:30 pm

I'm using two AA award tickets to go PHL-DOH-MEL with of course two PNRs

Award 1: AA PHL-DOH
Award 2: QR DOH-MEL

All are AA flight numbers, but award 2 is QR metal. If it matters, I'm business class throughout. Any prayer of getting things checked straight through? I'm assuming no, but thought I would at least ask.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by erdoran
I'm using two AA award tickets to go PHL-DOH-MEL with of course two PNRs

Award 1: AA PHL-DOH
Award 2: QR DOH-MEL

All are AA flight numbers, but award 2 is QR metal. If it matters, I'm business class throughout. Any prayer of getting things checked straight through? I'm assuming no, but thought I would at least ask.
This would be down to AA policy so no.
erdoran likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:14 pm

Programs: BA
Through check in LHR?

Hi everyone,

Obviously policy is now dependent on gate agent/outstation staff, anyone got any datapoint on QR checking in -> MH at LHR?

​​​​​​If QR said no, I have the silly idea of popping past the MH check in counter in T4 to ask, or that wouldn't help? Or maybe even asking if I can get a MH boarding pass.

​​​
​​​​​​
Old Jan 7, 2024, 11:02 am

Programs: BA
Anyone managed to interline QR to MH at LHR lately?

I've got 2.5 hrs in KUL, but I would prefer staying in the satellite lounge m, and have a nice shower instead of running around checking my bags in.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:54 pm

Programs: British Airways, Swiss, Hilton, Hyatt
Interlined today at CPT

Just for reference I had a CPT-DOH-FRA with QR yesterday and a separate BA FRA-LHR with just over a 2 hour layover today.
I had booked this before the messaging on their website disappeared.

At J check in I asked about interlining on separate tickets (playing dumb) and she said yes as long as the following ticket routing was a QR codeshare flight - which luckily mine was.

So it seems QR are happy to interline if they codeshare on the second separate tickets from my experience.

I have to say the guys at CPT checkin were amazing, funny and really helpful.

Bags arrived at LHR this afternoon with an easy tfr at FRA.
joorinainen likes this.

Last edited by Julian Phillips; Jan 12, 2024 at 2:14 pm
Old Jan 12, 2024, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Julian Phillips
Just for reference I had a CPT-DOH-FRA with QR yesterday and a separate BA FRA-LHR with just over a 2 hour layover today.
I had booked this before the messaging on their website disappeared.

At J check in I asked about interlining on separate tickets (playing dumb) and she said yes as long as the following ticket routing was a QR codeshare flight - which luckily mine was.

So it seems QR are happy to interline if they codeshare on the second separate tickets from my experience.

I have to say the guys at CPT checkin were amazing, funny and really helpful.

Bags arrived at LHR this afternoon with an easy tfr at FRA.
DO you mean that the award FRA-LHR was booked under a QR-coded flight number?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos

Which is impossible.

Sounds like CPT are just making up the rules - that sounds like utter wibble.
rabbits5 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by brunos
all flights were cash tickets
QR flights booked through QR and BA flights booked through BA
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Which is impossible.

Sounds like CPT are just making up the rules - that sounds like utter wibble.
maybe they are - but it worked for me!
Old Jan 13, 2024, 8:58 am

Information seems to suggest that interlining is possible if your first flight is QR and you check in with QR. Even QR-> BA if the gate agent is willing and/or knows how to do it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.