Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:51 am

Thanks for the link Schwann!

The Qatar agent just rejected my request at JFK. I don’t have an issue at my QR destination, so didn’t press the issue, but this will definitely be helpful for next time! ^
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:53 am

Oops, double post... please ignore.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:18 pm

QR921 3rd Sept. -AKL - DOH - OSL. Then separate PNR Oslo to LHR, flying BA.

Absolutely no problem at Auckland. Only had to ask. Knew all about it. Wanted to see itinerary to make sure mct was ok. 3 passengers

Well done Qatar.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by property1925
Well done Qatar.
Whilst I agree with the premise of what you say, you could easily go the next day either at AKL, DOH or another station and they'd point blank refuse. Let's hold back the praise until they're actually consistent!
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Well, they refused to do it for me at Doha in January, even the supervisor said no. When I gave my feedback to customer relations they told me it was due to custom regulations in Prague!
I was flying SYD-DOH-ARN with QR and then ARN-FRA with SK. I didn't ask for any interlining because it's OW and *A.
But interesting was, that at ARN they told every passenger to go to baggage claim, get their luggage and re-check for their connecting flight. Reason was custom regulations in Stockholm.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I do already BKK-DOH-ARN + ARN-GVA on SK, same with LH or LX.

​​Maybe worth to ask next time, probably new "ehancement" to cut cost

Last edited by GalaxyChris; Sep 4, 2018 at 4:14 am
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
I do already BKK-DOH-ARN + ARN-GVA on SK, same with LH or LX.

​​Maybe worth to ask next time, probably new "ehancement" to cut cost
As SAS is not a Oneworld partner, it’s possible your request might be OK’d (as illustrated by ekfb’s experience above) but would not be done following from the policy referenced on Qatar’s site.

Now, if you instead flew to HEL () and took Finnair, then you should be able to reference that policy.

Last edited by crackjack; Mar 28, 2019 at 8:12 am
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:12 am

Hi,

Next month I'm going to fly in these segments: SIN to DOH via Qatar Airways and DOH to AMM via Royal Jordanian.

For both flights, I redeemed them via two different frequent flyer programmes, with the first leg is from Qatar Airways Privilege Club (Qmiles) and the second one from British Airways Executive Club (Avios), resulting in two separate PNRs.

So I've actually paid a visit to the Qatar Airways office in Singapore and they has confirmed to me that interlining is possible since they have cross-referenced both my PNRs and will make a note to my booking, so on that day the check-in agent will be aware of this situation.

Since this is the first time I'm doing interlining, I have a question to ask:

Do I need to be checked-in on both legs for the interlining to work? This is because I will be doing web check-in for Qatar Airways, but I'm not sure I am eligible for online check in for Royal Jordanian (like 24 hours before). In the case that I am not eligible for web check in for Royal Jordanian, is it safe to do interlining as subsequently I will check in physically at the transit counter inside Doha transit area when I reach Doha?

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:35 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Max91
Hi,

Next month I'm going to fly in these segments: SIN to DOH via Qatar Airways and DOH to AMM via Royal Jordanian.

For both flights, I redeemed them via two different frequent flyer programmes, with the first leg is from Qatar Airways Privilege Club (Qmiles) and the second one from British Airways Executive Club (Avios), resulting in two separate PNRs.

So I've actually paid a visit to the Qatar Airways office in Singapore and they has confirmed to me that interlining is possible since they have cross-referenced both my PNRs and will make a note to my booking, so on that day the check-in agent will be aware of this situation.

Since this is the first time I'm doing interlining, I have a question to ask:

Do I need to be checked-in on both legs for the interlining to work? This is because I will be doing web check-in for Qatar Airways, but I'm not sure I am eligible for online check in for Royal Jordanian (like 24 hours before). In the case that I am not eligible for web check in for Royal Jordanian, is it safe to do interlining as subsequently I will check in physically at the transit counter inside Doha transit area when I reach Doha?

Thanks!
As far as I am aware, when they can check through your luggage straight to the final destination, they might be able to check you in to AMM as well, and give you your boarding pass. If not, you can collect it at the transit desk in Doha.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Bag checking can be done independently of actually checking in so I wouldn't worry.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:28 am

Bag checking can be done independently of actually checking in so I wouldn't worry.
Ah that actually explains a lot. At first I was afraid if I have not check in for the second leg yet will my bag face some issue/stuck at Doha airport. Thanks! I'll just let them tag the bag all the way to Amman and collect/check-in my boarding pass when I arrive at Doha transit area, since I have 7 hours in between.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by luv_flying
I just completed 1 way of my journey from Singapore to CGK on SQ and a separate ticket from CGK to Milan airport by QR.

the check through baggage did not work even though the check through tag was there. There was no staff waiting for me at the gate to process the next sector boarding pass, having worried that my baggage was left at CGK airport, i decided to go past the custom to double check my luggage. Indeed it was there!

To caution everyone that in the event you need to retrieve your bag and recheck in at the Jakarta airport. Be sure to give at least 4 hours in advance , the queue at the immigration can be extremely long up to 90 min. You need to buffer even longer if your inward flight and outgoing flight are located at 2 diff terminals!
Have you completed the other leg of your trip i.e. MXP-DOH-CGK(-SIN)? Any problems checking your bags thru' at MXP to your final destination?
I'll be taking a similar routing in late Nov. from SIN to CGK on SQ & onward to BOS on QR
Will report back in early Dec.
I'm still puzzled why your bags would be at the CGK baggage claim area when it's tagged to MXP
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:53 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaffir76
I'm still puzzled why your bags would be at the CGK baggage claim area when it's tagged to MXP
Jakarta Airport is inconsistent at best. They do things rather manually, especially at Terminal 2.

I have reasons to believe that OP's luggage was left there for the airport staff to collect and transfer (manually) to SQ, but that may not be the case.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:35 am

Whilst I agree with the premise of what you say, you could easily go the next day either at AKL, DOH or another station and they'd point blank refuse. Let's hold back the praise until they're actually consistent!
Indeed they initially refused to interline at BKK this week on separate PNRs QR BKK- DOH-HEL and BA HEL-LHR all in J. Only after showing the check in agent and the supervisor their website on my phone, them taking a photo of it(!) and some 20 mins later they linked the PNRs (which must have taken all of 30 secs) and checked me and my bag all the way through to LHR.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
While wayyyy earlier they (BKK) where happy to link two seperate PNRs: QR and AirBErlin (rip)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.