Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Their baggage check through policy is still clearly shown on their website.

www.qatarairways.com/en-us/about-qatar-airways/oneworld.html

Last paragraph in the 'seamless service' section.
Although I do note that AirBerlin is still shown as a OW member so it might not be bang up to date.

It's also stated again in Privilege Club as a benefit for members, but you don't need to be a QRPC member or a member of any OWFFP.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: HH S*G SPG FPC
Originally Posted by plunet
Their baggage check through policy is still clearly shown on their website.

www.qatarairways.com/en-us/about-qatar-airways/oneworld.html

Last paragraph in the 'seamless service' section.
Although I do note that AirBerlin is still shown as a OW member so it might not be bang up to date.

It's also stated again in Privilege Club as a benefit for members, but you don't need to be a QRPC member or a member of any OWFFP.
thx plunet. I did point this out in my QRSupport twitter DM chat and there was no response after so far.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:45 pm

I sent another note to QR via Facebook.

Me: Regarding my prior message on through check-in of passengers and bags, I am seeing information on your website that conflicts with your advice. Please see this link. https://www.qatarairways.com/en-ph/Privilege-Club/oneworld.html
QR: Thanks for reverting back to us. Allow us to inform you that the according to the booking you have the bags will be ended to Madrid. Once the you have both airlines under one booking the bags will be delivered to the last destination directly. We hope that clarifies.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: HH S*G SPG FPC
Originally Posted by Professional Bum
I sent another note to QR via Facebook.

Me: Regarding my prior message on through check-in of passengers and bags, I am seeing information on your website that conflicts with your advice. Please see this link. https://www.qatarairways.com/en-ph/Privilege-Club/oneworld.html
QR: Thanks for reverting back to us. Allow us to inform you that the according to the booking you have the bags will be ended to Madrid. Once the you have both airlines under one booking the bags will be delivered to the last destination directly. We hope that clarifies.
Again this reinforces to me that they are backtracking their policy to allow interlining of baggage for seperate tickets or different bookings.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:42 am

Greetings all.

Rare poster (and that on the BAEC forum) but regular reader.

Thought I would ask if any have relatively recent experience on interlining to LHR at TXL? I am flying JNB-DOH-TXL and looking to book an onward RFS flight on BA to LHR. Connection on the tight side so if no interlining will not risk it.
Secondly, given that this will be a non-Schengen to non-Schengen transfer, what might the MCT be? The DOH-TXL flight appears to land at (?gate) E and the TXL-LHR leaves from from A05.

Kind regards

Last edited by radiata; Jan 11, 2018 at 2:50 am
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by neofung
I tried HKG DOH BRU LHR FRA recently, HKG to BRU on QR PNR and BRU to FRA on BA PNR. It was ok for the hkg ground staff to check through my luggage after a few phone call. I reconfirmed with the gate agent at DOH BRU and LHR if my bag was loaded with an affirmative answer. Yet, upon arrival FRA my bag didn’t appear. I was told my bad was left in Doha. The bag appeared after 3 days in my hotel.
Sounds like the more complicated the itinerary the less likely they are to get it right, but I managed to check through HND-DOH-BRU-LHR on two PNRs (QR and BA) recently with no issues and my bag came out at LHR as expected. Indeed, there was both a QR and BA member of staff waiting for me on the airbridge getting off the DOH-BRU leg to tell me the bag would be checked through and I could just proceed to transfer security (presumably because I'm OWE on both and the booking was in J for both).
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: BA EC
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Sounds like the more complicated the itinerary the less likely they are to get it right, but I managed to check through HND-DOH-BRU-LHR on two PNRs (QR and BA) recently with no issues and my bag came out at LHR as expected. Indeed, there was both a QR and BA member of staff waiting for me on the airbridge getting off the DOH-BRU leg to tell me the bag would be checked through and I could just proceed to transfer security (presumably because I'm OWE on both and the booking was in J for both).
Upon my arrival to BRU, there was a staff greeting me at gate as well and guide me to the transit area.
I received an email from BA yesterday and they would pay me what I bought before I got back my bag.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: BA EC
Originally Posted by neofung
I tried HKG DOH BRU LHR FRA recently, HKG to BRU on QR PNR and BRU to FRA on BA PNR. It was ok for the hkg ground staff to check through my luggage after a few phone call. I reconfirmed with the gate agent at DOH BRU and LHR if my bag was loaded with an affirmative answer. Yet, upon arrival FRA my bag didn’t appear. I was told my bad was left in Doha. The bag appeared after 3 days in my hotel.
I would like to quote my own post for some updates.
BA wrote me back on 11 Jan 2018, they explained that my bag was delayed in LHR due to weather, and would pay for all the bills.
This was not in line with what I was told in Frankfurt Airport baggage service.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OW Emerald
I have the following flight coming up all on a single PNR.

LHR >DOH>JNB>CPT

The LHR > DOH> JNB is all on QR but JNB> CPT is on BA (comair)

Will they get check through all the way to CPT or will I have to pick up in JNB?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:37 pm

zeel welcome to the QR forum. You will find the QR dashboard will give easy access to many answers.

Some months ago there was a discussion about this very route and airline combination and the consensus was that it would not be a problem.
Just ask at check-in/bagdrop at LHR.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:48 pm

hkgg a very good question!
IATA would regard it as one journey and thus it would be the DOH-BKK sector that was the basis.
But there may be individual inter-airline agreements that would treat each ticket individually. Look at the footnotes and footnotes to footnotes for baggage allowance for the airlines to see if such agreements exist.
I think that the IATA rules will apply since very few airlines would bother with such agreements to save just a few kilos!
The intention of the IATA rules was to give a single baggage allowance for an entire continuous journey no matter how many flights or tickets involved.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by remdk
zeel welcome to the QR forum. You will find the QR dashboard will give easy access to many answers.

Some months ago there was a discussion about this very route and airline combination and the consensus was that it would not be a problem.
Just ask at check-in/bagdrop at LHR.
thank you - the bit I’m confused about is I’m reading in certain parts that even if checked bags are to final destination that in JNb I have to pick up the bags and go through customs and then drop bags again ...?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:36 pm

zeel as far as I remember there were differences of opinion as to where Immigration and customs took place. A lot depends on if the JNB-CPT flight is regarded as domestic or international. Perhaps someone who has flown that routing can give us an answer.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I want to report back on my experience at PRG airport, this is for a PRG-DOH-BKK QR to MH BKK-KUL on separate tickets. At check-in the biz check-in agent wasnt sure so she asked a supervisor type that was nearby and after conversing for a bit in Czech they confirmed MH was Oneworld and the verified which bag I wanted to go to KUL as my wife was staying in BKK so her bags only needed to go there. It was a very pleasant and professional experience even if the Biz check-in agent seemed to be pretty inexperienced. As a bonus they gave me my boarding pass for my MH flight. I had already checked in online and had it on my phone but nice to have a 'real boarding pass'.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by zeel
thank you - the bit I’m confused about is I’m reading in certain parts that even if checked bags are to final destination that in JNb I have to pick up the bags and go through customs and then drop bags again ...?
Originally Posted by remdk
zeel as far as I remember there were differences of opinion as to where Immigration and customs took place. A lot depends on if the JNB-CPT flight is regarded as domestic or international. Perhaps someone who has flown that routing can give us an answer.
The international terminal is Terminal A, and domestic is Terminal B. They're not far from each other and easily walkable, but still two separate terminals. You'll have to go landside, and thus through Immigration and Customs. There's a bag drop right after you exit customs for domestic connections. From the SAA website:
International - domestic connections
After clearing customs and collecting your bags at Terminal A, a fast bag drop re-check desk is available to smooth your transit. The desk is located on your left before reaching the central atrium. Once you have dropped your bag, head to Terminal B and pass through security before heading to your gate.

Recommended minimum connecting time is 90 minutes, there are exceptions on some routes so make sure you know the departure times. Please allow extra time if you require special assistance or you are travelling with children.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Jan 14, 2018 at 11:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.