Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Interlining (Baggage)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC gold
Originally Posted by cephei
This is crazy, what did they have as an excuse? Have you shown them their website? I'm wondering what they will say when I'll pull out the print screen of their official statement.
I have shown her the website and the staff said it is only allowed if all in one ticket. After a few calls to her manager she discussed it with her colleague next counter in dutch. Even I know nothing about dutch I could tell from her colleague's expression that saying interlining in QR is never ever allowed. (as in "this is a common sense" face)
Old May 11, 2017, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by remdk
I am reluctantly reaching the conclusion that CS staff could do a much better, and more satisfying job if they read the Flyertalk QR forum and acted upon what it contained!
Make sure you tell them:

" . . . welcome to the QR forum. You may find the QR dashboard a useful tool in your search for answers."
Old May 12, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
From reading the previous posts, it sounds unlikely, but has anyone had any experience getting QR to interline their luggage with Ukraine International Airlines?
Old May 15, 2017, 8:31 pm

@obduro I had 2 hr 5 min layover so that meets the MCT right?

@marcelduchamp good luck! think you're not going to have a problem at Changi, but Munich might be an issue. I've sent a reply back to QR customer service quoting the Australian Business Traveller article. I'm likely to be travelling this route again so want to make sure that I have no issues in Munich! Will keep you guys updated with their response!
Old May 16, 2017, 4:26 am

Hi all! Last update on my situation, and it's thankfully a positive one

I recieved an official statement from QR by email, it reads:

"E-commerce Support (Qatar Airways Support)
May 15, 18:30 +03
Dear Mr Nicolas,
Thank you for contacting Qatar Airways Support.
Please accept our apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Due to an unusually high number of requests, we were unable to respond to your request sooner.
In reply to your email, please note that we have contacted our colleagues in GVA airport and they have confirmed that your bags can be checked through to your final destination since both flights are on Qatar Airways.
We thank you for taking the time to write to us and look forward to welcoming you on our services in the very near future.
Yours sincerely,
Qatar Airways Support"

There you go! QR will checkin me through to Hanoi eventhough it's 2 tickets.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:44 am

This is the response I've received -

"Dear Ms. Oei,

As you were previously advised, separate tickets can also be made in one booking. This is only when our staff will be able to tag your baggage through to the final destination. However, we are unable to do the same for separately ticketed itineraries in a different booking.

Thank you for your kind attention."

Can you have separate tickets on one booking? Doesn't separate tickets mean separate bookings?
Old May 16, 2017, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by saltyoei

@marcelduchamp good luck! think you're not going to have a problem at Changi, but Munich might be an issue. I've sent a reply back to QR customer service quoting the Australian Business Traveller article. I'm likely to be travelling this route again so want to make sure that I have no issues in Munich! Will keep you guys updated with their response!
Thank you, Saltyoei. Unfortunately, the response you got seems to confuse us even more!
Old May 20, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, LH FTL, QR Silver, Hilton Diamond
QR at AKL was able to check my luggage through AKL-DOH-OSL with QR and OSL-FRA-NUE with LH on separate tickets. Worked great, thumbs up, QR!
Old May 20, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: EXPLT
Did AKL to USA in late April...then just did BKK to USA and QR ex BKK and AKL both able to check bags on connecting AA flight on different PNR in USA no problem..just be sure to advise check in agent abt connecting one-world flight rite away and provide PNR numbers ..it does take time but each time no problem

In chatting wth BKK agent..she said that she gets a lot of rqsts to tag bags fm QR flights to non OW flights ..by policy they are not permitted to do so..however reviewing some posts here it has been done
Old May 22, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: BA GGL
Checked in at Kowloon in town check-in yesterday for HKG-DOH-ARN and they were very happy to check it through onto LHR on BA. Took a few minutes but all sorted very easily by the Cathay ground staff.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:56 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Lucentis
QR at AKL was able to check my luggage through AKL-DOH-OSL with QR and OSL-FRA-NUE with LH on separate tickets. Worked great, thumbs up, QR!
Originally Posted by b74l
In chatting wth BKK agent..she said that she gets a lot of rqsts to tag bags fm QR flights to non OW flights ..by policy they are not permitted to do so..however reviewing some posts here it has been done
It seems enough people made a fuzz at AKL and now they are interlining left and right, even outside the policy. One month ago agents in AKL did not know what kind of airline "Lufthansa" was and flat out refused to even try interline.

I think it is fair to assume that what the BKK staff told you is the correct policy - interline on separate tickets are only done within oneWorld. (or onto flights with QR codeshare)
Old May 22, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Has anyone had any luck trying to get United / Qatar flights with checked bags? I'm flying to IAH on UA, then QR on to SIN in July and back again 2 1/2 weeks later. Wondering if anyone else has had luck getting a UA agent to check bags on QR for them?
Old May 24, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Checked in at Kowloon Station a few days ago for HKG-DOH-ARN, managed to get my baggage through checked on BA ARN-LHR-LBA. Took a few minutes to get it to London, then another few for him to issue a second tag to get it to LBA. Bag arrived second on the belt at LBA.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by saltyoei

Hi saltyoei,

Just an update from my flights. I had MH, QR and Ukraine Airlines on separate tickets via KUL and MUC. MH in SIN managed to check me my luggage all the way to Kiev! They also issued BPs on QR but not Ukraine Airlines.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by divrdrew
Has anyone had any luck trying to get United / Qatar flights with checked bags? I'm flying to IAH on UA, then QR on to SIN in July and back again 2 1/2 weeks later. Wondering if anyone else has had luck getting a UA agent to check bags on QR for them?
This used to be possible but now no longer as UA and QR have ended their interline agreement effective May 5th

https://skift.com/2017/04/28/united-...east-airlines/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.