QR Interlining (Baggage)

Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:03 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by remdk
hkgg as I said in post 16 of this thread

Since it was one continuous journey thanks to QRs ignoring OWs interlining rules. CX had to accept the luggage since both reservations were defined as one journey.
Doing the journey in reverse on these tickets then it would have been two separate journeys thanks to CX hiding behind OW rules and you would have had to collect and re-check your both luggage and yourself in BKK. You would have had CX baggage allowance for HKG-BKK and QRs for the other reservation.
Note that CX now goes above oneworld rules and will check through to any of their interline partners even on separate PNRs.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Note that CX now goes above oneworld rules and will check through to any of their interline partners even on separate PNRs.
Thanks sxc I had not seen the CX changes as stated in post 1 of this thread. Also my apologies to CX for lumping them together with the 'passenger hostile' members of OW.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Flew Qatar Europe-Doha-Australia and connected onto a Qantqs flight booked in a seperate PNR, Qatar flights in C and Qantas flight in Y

Check-in supervisor first refused to check bags through to Qantas flight, but managed to persuade her thanks to this thread, and although bags anyway had to be taken out and rechecked in Australia due to customs, I still managed through this to save myself a second bag fee for my last flight.

My qusetion is regarding my return flight which starts with a Qantas domestic flight in economy then connecting to Qatar in business class to Europe, both in a seperate PNR's.
Will I be entitled to a second free bag on the Qantqs flight as most of my travel would allow me a second bag?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ELAL
My qusetion is regarding my return flight which starts with a Qantas domestic flight in economy then connecting to Qatar in business class to Europe, both in a seperate PNR's.
Will I be entitled to a second free bag on the Qantqs flight as most of my travel would allow me a second bag?
No. You will only get what you paid for with Qantas, as per the ticket (note "as" and not "qs"). Will be cheaper to buy extra baggage allowance on line compared to at the airport.

QF will not interline on the way out. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...xceptions.html
If the QR flight is from SYD you will have to make your own way to T1. With checked baggage you cannot use the free QF bus.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ocean...transport.html
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Our experience this week, flying QR CPT-DOH-OSL connecting to BA OSL-LHR.

At first, checking in at CPT, we were told QR used to check baggage through to final destination, but OW had stopped this.

Thanks to FT, we knew about QR's decision to rescind this and tried to explain their new policy. No joy at first, but the check-in lady called her supervisor who turned up and agreed to try it.

Bingo! Bags checked through to LHR and, as I discovered later, they printed BA boarding passes as well as QR's.

Two possibly superfluous bits of info: we had wheelchair assistance through to OSL's BA gate, and they checked were were flying BA J. We were.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Originally Posted by JDiver
Qatar Airways will again interlink baggage on itineraries on separate PNRs as of 1 March 2017, as long as MCT / Minimum Connection Times are met.

This policy update occurred 23 Feb 2017 in the QR ground operations manual, was found by Australian Business Traveller and verified by a Qatar Airways spokesperson.

See Qatar Airways ditches Oneworld's (sic) restrictive baggage rules (link) by David Flynn, 26 Feb 2017.
Does anyone have access to the revised interlining section of the ground ops manual that they could share here (PR ovided of course it doesn't cause any personal difficulties! )?

I think it it would be incredibly useful to have this available or at least to be able to refer to the section and quote the rules at check in.

A liitle but bit of self interest as I want to check bags through from AKL-FRA-LHR at the end of April, QR to BA, and it's always useful to have precise intel when dealing with ground staff!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Mapman
Does anyone have access to the revised interlining section of the ground ops manual that they could share here (PR ovided of course it doesn't cause any personal difficulties! )?

I think it it would be incredibly useful to have this available or at least to be able to refer to the section and quote the rules at check in.

A liitle but bit of self interest as I want to check bags through from AKL-FRA-LHR at the end of April, QR to BA, and it's always useful to have precise intel when dealing with ground staff!
Exactly the same self-interest here, I've posted a request for feedback on interlining on the AKL thread #147 asking for updates on interlining requests from there - there was one negative report from a forum member earlier in this thread. No reponses yet

But I have a follow up question; if I were to get the baggage interlined by QR from AKL-DOH-FRA onwards to BA to LHR; and when I get to FRA and I'm not delayed I might try to pursuade BA to let me fly earlier - what would that mean to the baggage, is there a means for the the airport to easily retag the bags at that stage? Or would if I wanted the flexibility to ask for an earlier BA flight is it easier/better to not interline?

Mapmap, I'm travelling a few days before you

Last edited by plunet; Mar 25, 2017 at 5:36 am Reason: extra info
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:27 am

plunet You should be able to check your baggage through to LHR. In a similar fashion you should be able to check yourself in all the way to LHR.

Thus armed the BA transfer desk at FRA should be able to change your flight and recover and recheck your luggage.

Having your baggage through checked should not affect your chances of changing your flight unless the agent at FRA is too lazy to do so.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by remdk
plunet You should be able to check your baggage through to LHR. In a similar fashion you should be able to check yourself in all the way to LHR.

Thus armed the BA transfer desk at FRA should be able to change your flight and recover and recheck your luggage.

Having your baggage through checked should not affect your chances of changing your flight unless the agent at FRA is too lazy to do so.
Excellent, thanks remdk, I will try to interline at AKL and let others and mapman know what happens if we don't have any other reports from other AKL flyers in the meantime.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Originally Posted by plunet
Excellent, thanks remdk, I will try to interline at AKL and let others and mapman know what happens if we don't have any other reports from other AKL flyers in the meantime.
Fingers crossed!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
I would not get my hopes too high. I tried to check bags thru, Akl-Doh-MUC, MUC-Lhr last week: no luck. the agent did not know how to do it and couldn't find the supervisor.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Hubbabridge
I would not get my hopes too high. I tried to check bags thru, Akl-Doh-MUC, MUC-Lhr last week: no luck. the agent did not know how to do it and couldn't find the supervisor.
Thanks for that feedback Hubbabridge, seems like this is a consistent problem for AKL then. I might drop a note to QR Customer Services pointing that "I've heard from others that they were unable to interline baggage to another OW carrier, I would like to be able to do this in April, can they fix it before then...?"
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
My experience of interlining between QR and BA on separate tickets is that it doesn't work. I have attempted it on 2 occasions (BKK --> DOH ---> OSL --> LHR and HKT --> DOH --> HEL --> LHR) and although the check-in agent had no difficulty checking the bags through, on both occasions the bags got stuck at Doha and never made it to Heathrow. I don't know if this is just bad luck or if there are some issues with this process?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
Thanks for that feedback Hubbabridge, seems like this is a consistent problem for AKL then. I might drop a note to QR Customer Services pointing that "I've heard from others that they were unable to interline baggage to another OW carrier, I would like to be able to do this in April, can they fix it before then...?"
Sounds like a good idea; it would be good to get this solved. The agent at AKL was truly clueless....
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:25 pm

doctoravios welcome to the QR forum. I think that you will find the dashboard a useful tool.

When did these problems with baggage happen? The new regulations are valid from 1 March, not before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.